Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Sharp would be good if we think he can lock down the second wing. Basically pushes Poulter and Baker down the pecking order.

XOH then could take the role McNeil was playing as a defensively minded half forward using their speed to cut off angles. He's more versatile which will allow a few more moves too.

I'd be okay with a trade period of basically bringing in 3 kids drafted before 40 and those two, while losing Smith, Macrae and the retirees/delistees.

Agree with this, no significant difference between he and Dale and I don’t think it’s a good use of resources to have big money tied up in two half back distributors when we get good enough output out of a cheap as chips Bramble.

The draft capital is the big one for me.

We’ve drafted 1 first round mid since Dunkley in 2015, will need to work our way up to the higher end this year with the Smith trade or pick swaps, so spending it on a mid sized 28 year old defender is a massive head scratcher.

Don’t watch enough non-Footscray VFL matches to know if Sharp is any good. Looked a fair way off in the very limited AFL games he’s played and it’s obviously been a tough team to get opportunities in.

VFL Stats

2024: 16 games, 20 goals, avg 13.8k, 5.4h, 19.2d, 6.4m, 2.7t
2023: 18 games, 14 goals, avg 13.4k, 6.5h, 19.9d, 5.2m, 2.3t
2022: 17 games, 10 goals, avg 9.5k, 6.5h, 16.1d, 3.4m, 2.1t
2021: 4 games, 1 goal, avg 7k, 5h, 12d, 2.8m, 1.5t

Inside Trading Article

DOGS UP THE STAKES TO RETAIN YOUNGSTER​

THE WESTERN Bulldogs have increased its offer to Riley Garcia as they look to retain the West Australian amid rival interest.

Garcia now has a three-year contract in front of him and is expected to remain at the Whitten Oval after assessing his options in recent months.

Port Adelaide had expressed interest in Garcia, but have now landed a commitment from Collingwood small forward Joe Richards.
West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbourne are among the other clubs who have all had varying levels of interest in Garcia.

But with Bailey Smith and Jack Macraeseeking trades – plus Greater Western Sydney unwilling to let Xavier O’Halloranmove – the Bulldogs are determined to keep Garcia, following a season where he proved he is over the injury issues that have limited him to date.

Garcia played a career high 12 games this year, around 11 VFL appearances, where he averaged 29.8 disposals to finish equal seventh in the J.J. Liston Trophy and second in Footscray’s best and fairest. – Josh Gabelich

[emoji[emoji6]][emoji[emoji6]][emoji6]" data-quote="Bald" data-source="post: 0" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
What's the deal with Kamdyn McIntosh? He is out of contract, isn't too old ( in March), I haven't watched him too closely for a bit but thought he'd be a decent wing option seasons ago.

He’s Bald,Bald - so perceived to be old and cooked.And I should know BTW…..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Garcia is an absolute must keep with Macrae, Smith & Daniel all essentially playing the same position.

Harmes actually becomes pretty important next year as depth. Hopefully Gallagher kicks along with all these guys adequately filling those 5th-7th midfield/half forward type roles. Sanders is another one too.

If Dogs aren’t happy with Saints offer for Macrae I’m thinking there would be at least one other Melbourne club interested if it looks like falling through with StKilda.
If the deal is comparable to Saints not sure Jacko would mind as long as it is a Melbourne based team.

Garcia is an absolute must keep with Macrae, Smith & Daniel all essentially playing the same position.

Harmes actually becomes pretty important next year as depth. Hopefully Gallagher kicks along with all these guys adequately filling those 5th-7th midfield/half forward type roles. Sanders is another one too.
The Gallagher family are great people and Harvey loves the club and is absolutely committed to being the best footballer he can be. I'm hoping he can come on even further next year, great kid, great attitude, doesn't stuff up as this is so important to him. He is the type of youngster the coaches love.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back