Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Clarke’s parents are in Port Melbourne, they’re not out bush or interstate, so my read on the club having him move in with Treloar is there must be some behavioural/attitude stuff the club is hoping a player mentor will help him correct. I don’t think they’d bother with that if they were just going to delist him because his footy wasn’t good enough.
Clarke a bit of a lad

If we move our Future First pick to get back into this draft

I don't see us even opening the door for players like Raynor or Butters
Unless they are free agents, and we have the cap room to offer a contract that their club wont match. I think the club is weary about throwing away to much draft capital on other players, given we have a couple of years before Tasmania severely compromise the draft for a couple of seasons. If you don't nail these next two drafts, you will be stuck catching up for awhile in my opinion. Can see us offering a heavily front loaded contract to one of those two though, given they are free agents. Butters would be my number one choice.

Last edited:
Once Garcia cleans up his kicking
He could be anything

The speed of him and Richards full time will reshape our midfield

Hopefully Galla trails as a winger as well
Players typically take the deficiencies they bring into the game out with them.

Given Riley is going to be 24 at the start of the next season, then I can't see a world where lifelong faults in his kicking are going to be miraculously ironed out of his game.

What we see is what we'll get with him going forward.

If we move our Future First pick to get back into this draft

I don't see us even opening the door for players like Raynor or Butters
Next year we can trade two years worth of future picks. So I don't think it is as black and white as that. Can trade 2025 R1 into 2024 then trade 2026 and 2027 R1s for players at that point.
The first club to shift picks two years ahead will definitely trigger a bit of chatter and discussion!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Before people freak out, it’s not our High Performance boss from GWS (Daniel Duvnjak-Zaknich). Don’t think this one is a big deal
Was going to say.. I spoke with Daniel recently - I'd be completely and utterly shocked if he left, haven't heard a guy more positive about our squad and fitness, and completely digging the new facilities.

Off topic but does anyone know the situation around JOD’s Cat B rookie status? Does he have to be elevated to the main last now that’s he’s been on it for 2 years? The rookie list for me is incredibly confusing. Where do we sit with the rookies? Isn’t Duryea also on the rookie list?

The rookie list for me is incredibly confusing. Where do we sit with the rookies? Isn’t Duryea also on the rookie list?

Cat B rookies can stay as Cat B for a maximum of 3 years. They then have to be let go, contracted as a Cat A rookie, or upgraded to the main list.

Pocketrocket might know more, but I remember predraft that Clarke sounded super professional - dropped out of school early and hired a professional trainer to help him get drafted IIRC.

His VFL stats aren't too far behind Konstanty who isn't too far behind Gottard... hopefully he gets another year to show what he's got.

Small forward is a hard position to play and not many have the winning combo that makes them dangerous at AFL level - almost half the clubs are crying out for better small forwards right now.
My wife is his mums second cousin but we don’t have any real contact other than we i take our kids to his vfl games and say gday. He is brilliant with the kids and they look up to him.
I have no idea how professional he is. I’m sure he has his flaws like most young men.
Hopefully the treloar move has him being more professional everyday.
Looking from a far and watching him regularly in the VFL he deserves another contract. If not i’m sure another club will take a chance on him as a delisted free agent.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back