Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

My wife is his mums second cousin but we don’t have any real contact other than we i take our kids to his vfl games and say gday. He is brilliant with the kids and they look up to him.
I have no idea how professional he is. I’m sure he has his flaws like most young men.
Hopefully the treloar move has him being more professional everyday.
Looking from a far and watching him regularly in the VFL he deserves another contract. If not i’m sure another club will take a chance on him as a delisted free agent.
It’s taken 6 years for Rylee West to really establish himself as belonging at the level. As long as Clarke shows continuous improvement we should absolutely keep him on a “let’s see where he can get to” spot.

The cats want to low ball us for Smith. They have the upper hand to get what want. I know it is what if but if Smith did not do his knee and had a good season we probably looking at a top 5 pick and fairly low second rounder. with other teams in the mix. Now we get 15 than will turn into about 20 very disappointing.

The cats want to low ball us for Smith. They have the upper hand to get what want. I know it is what if but if Smith did not do his knee and had a good season we probably looking at a top 5 pick and fairly low second rounder. with other teams in the mix. Now we get 15 than will turn into about 20 very disappointing.

If he didn’t do his knee we’d just be talking about getting both their firsts and they’d still be posturing about it.

Hope you guys keep steadfast with Bailey Smith and don't bend over like most clubs generally do when dealing with Geelong! I hate those smug pricks

Players typically take the deficiencies they bring into the game out with them.

Given Riley is going to be 24 at the start of the next season, then I can't see a world where lifelong faults in his kicking are going to be miraculously ironed out of his game.

What we see is what we'll get with him going forward.

His kicking style is basically the same as Dahlhaus'. Up and under.

[Edit]: I should have said premiership star Luke Dahlhaus.

Last edited:
If we move our Future First pick to get back into this draft

I don't see us even opening the door for players like Raynor or Butters
This kind of thinking doesn't seem to worry other clubs. Just get the player to request a trade and then tell the other club a future first and second rounder is the best we can do.

If we were trading our future first I think I'd prefer to try to get 2 later top 30 picks rather than pick 13. Richmond look like getting a second round compensation pick which would give them 24 and 25 and with them looking like getting at least another 3 early first rounders in they'd probably be open to moving them on. Probably could get something else coming our way like a future 3rd.

If he didn’t do his knee we’d just be talking about getting both their firsts and they’d still be posturing about it.
If my Grandma had balls she’d be my Grandpa.
No shot at you Tian, it’s just that we can’t worry about Whatifs!!
The club has a decision to make, accept a lowball offer by Geelong or say f$&@ it, let’s send him to the PSD.
Sure we lose a midrange pick but we show we aren’t going to get reamed.
Baz can go but he goes to WC, Rich or Norf. I reckon most supporters would prefer that than be bent over by the Cats.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Charlie Clark may still just be a mystery box or a bag of magical beans. Any reasoning to keep him is based on where he was taken in the draft.

that being said I don’t like where we’re in this position where Clark or JJ may be pissed off because we irresponsibly gave out multi year deals to players that should only ever be on one years.

There are a couple of players that, were they out of contract now instead of 2025, would be quite readily delisted now to make room for a couple of others.

Charlie Clark may still just be a mystery box or a bag of magical beans. Any reasoning to keep him is based on where he was taken in the draft.

that being said I don’t like where we’re in this position where Clark or JJ may be pissed off because we irresponsibly gave out multi year deals to players that should only ever be on one years.

There are a couple of players that, were they out of contract now instead of 2025, would be quite readily delisted now to make room for a couple of others.
Charlie Clark….. Dusty mk2. Fk me I’ve never read such rubbish about a very, very average player.

So Twomey thinks Kako will be bid on by Saints before Bombers pick 9, this means they’ll need to trade it out.

What will it cost realistically, Our F1 and Caleb Daniel pick?

Hope you guys keep steadfast with Bailey Smith and don't bend over like most clubs generally do when dealing with Geelong! I hate those smug pricks
There are Geelong fans who insist that they got basically nothing for Esava, not as if you paid a reasonable amount for a player with some attributes but not much of a history of putting those theoretical attributes to on-field value. They claim this as some sort of counter-balancing measure as to how they aren't paying a heap for Smith.

You paid a reasonable amount for him. It's ridiculous.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back