Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Harsh.

He kicked 12 goals in that stretch of 3 games against the top 3 teams in the league, kicked 3 in the other game against Sydney, 2 against Brisbane, I reckon he was actually better against better opposition this year..
Turned the game against Collingwood in the second half against Darcy Moore.

You are going way off topic. So last one. I dont want to annoy anyone.

The National draft is there for people who want an opportunity. Anywhere.
After the initial contract they can move wherever they want (effectively).

I joined the army and knew I would be sent anywhere. I accepted that. But I always knew that there was a time in the future where I'd be able to ask to get closer to home.

Smith settled on the purchase of his Bellbrae property a week ago.
So at a minimum he bought it 60 days ago. Probably 90.

He was never staying. And won't.

His rural property purchase is irrelevant. Hardly anyone wants him to stay. That’s not the point.

Turned the game against Collingwood in the second half against Darcy Moore.
Was outpositioned by the AA full back Weitering in the first quarter then turned it around to dominate the game and get 3 brownlow votes

Had a poor final but anyone unhappy with his progress as a KPF is insane

RILEY Garcia has signed a three-year contract extension to remain at the Western Bulldogs until the end of 2027.

The 23-year-old had been assessing his options in recent months after playing a career-high 12 games in 2024, around a dominant season in the VFL. But despite late significant interest from Sydney in the past fortnight, Garcia has opted to remain at the Whitten Oval and fight to become a permanent fixture under Luke Beveridge.
The Swans are understood to have made a late push to sign the West Australian after losing the Grand Final to Brisbane.

Port Adelaide had expressed interest across the season but Joe Richards was always viewed as a priority for them, with the Collingwood small forward requesting a move to the Power on Monday.
West Coast, St Kilda and North Melbournealso expressed varying levels of interest in Garcia.

But after overcoming the durability issues that limited his early years at the kennel, Garcia will remain in red, white and blue.

With Bailey Smith and Jack Macrae requesting moves away from the Bulldogs and Caleb Daniel contemplating a trade, more opportunities will present to Garcia in 2025 and beyond.
Twice the player of Bailey Smith and 12 times the character. He is not even on social media he is that level headed. Good boxer too. Wicked left hook.

Garcia has a bit of bastard about his game.
By god we need some of that. I'll take a player with flaws if they have ticker and toughness.

You are going way off topic. So last one. I dont want to annoy anyone.

The National draft is there for people who want an opportunity. Anywhere.
After the initial contract they can move wherever they want (effectively).

I joined the army and knew I would be sent anywhere. I accepted that. But I always knew that there was a time in the future where I'd be able to ask to get closer to home.

Smith settled on the purchase of his Bellbrae property a week ago.
So at a minimum he bought it 60 days ago. Probably 90.

He was never staying. And won't.

What has annoyed me and others on here is the fact the media leaked he has been talking to Geelong for a couple of years, around the time he also signed up with your sponsor Cotton On, whose CEO happens to be a big Geelong supporter. Hard to ignore the obvious inference here that this was stitched up while he was under contract to the Bulldogs.

Now to add insult to injury Geelong want to play hardball, insulting at the least, unethical at the most, and the AFL should be investigating. The fact Emma Hawkins is a Cotton On ambassador, on the payroll certainly explains why Hawkins took unders. That’s one we know of, how many others are on the payroll.

What has annoyed me and others on here is the fact the media leaked he has been talking to Geelong for a couple of years, around the time he also signed up with your sponsor Cotton On, whose CEO happens to be a big Geelong supporter. Hard to ignore the obvious inference here that this was stitched up while he was under contract to the Bulldogs.

Now to add insult to injury Geelong want to play hardball, insulting at the least, unethical at the most, and the AFL should be investigating. The fact Emma Hawkins is a Cotton On ambassador, on the payroll certainly explains why Hawkins took unders. That’s one we know of, how many others are on the payroll.
And Arabella Hawkins sponsors Marcus Bontempelli.

Wait, what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NO TALKS YET ON MACRAE​

JACK Macrae requested a trade out of the Whitten Oval exactly one month ago, but the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda are yet to discuss the proposed move at all.

The three-time All-Australian is contracted until the end of 2027 but pursuing a fresh start at a second club after losing his spot in Luke Beveridge's side this year.

Macrae started the season in the VFL and played three games for Footscray in 2024, around four games as sub in 19 appearances, including the elimination final.

The 30-year-old nominated the Saints a week after requesting the trade, but the Bulldogs are understood to still be waiting to hear from St Kilda.

St Kilda is armed with picks 7, 8, 27 and 47 following the compensation they received after losing free agent Josh Battle to Hawthorn.
Simon Dalrymple, the Saints' new talent identification and player movement manager, selected Macrae at pick No. 6 in the 2012 AFL Draft when he was the Bulldogs' national recruiting manager and is understood to be a key figure in the recruitment push.

The Dogs aren't pushing Macrae out the door and don't desperately need to move his lucrative contract off their books, with negotiations to include who pays what.

Western Bulldogs list boss Sam Power will be aiming to extract St Kilda's second-round pick - currently No.27 - but the early expectation is this trade might not be resolved until deadline day, if at all.

Bailey Smith has also requested a trade to Geelong, while Caleb Daniel is considering whether to move to North Melbourne or stay at the Bulldogs.

The Dogs are wary of what happened to Melbourne last off-season, where James Jordon and James Harmes departed before Angus Brayshaw was medically retired, which left the Demons with depth issues.

Xavier O'Halloran remains a trade target for the Bulldogs and has been offered a three-year contract to move from Greater Western Sydney, but the Giants are determined to retain the contracted midfielder. – Josh Gabelich

NO TALKS YET ON MACRAE​

JACK Macrae requested a trade out of the Whitten Oval exactly one month ago, but the Western Bulldogs and St Kilda are yet to discuss the proposed move at all.

The three-time All-Australian is contracted until the end of 2027 but pursuing a fresh start at a second club after losing his spot in Luke Beveridge's side this year.

Macrae started the season in the VFL and played three games for Footscray in 2024, around four games as sub in 19 appearances, including the elimination final.

The 30-year-old nominated the Saints a week after requesting the trade, but the Bulldogs are understood to still be waiting to hear from St Kilda.

St Kilda is armed with picks 7, 8, 27 and 47 following the compensation they received after losing free agent Josh Battle to Hawthorn.
Simon Dalrymple, the Saints' new talent identification and player movement manager, selected Macrae at pick No. 6 in the 2012 AFL Draft when he was the Bulldogs' national recruiting manager and is understood to be a key figure in the recruitment push.

The Dogs aren't pushing Macrae out the door and don't desperately need to move his lucrative contract off their books, with negotiations to include who pays what.

Western Bulldogs list boss Sam Power will be aiming to extract St Kilda's second-round pick - currently No.27 - but the early expectation is this trade might not be resolved until deadline day, if at all.

Bailey Smith has also requested a trade to Geelong, while Caleb Daniel is considering whether to move to North Melbourne or stay at the Bulldogs.

The Dogs are wary of what happened to Melbourne last off-season, where James Jordon and James Harmes departed before Angus Brayshaw was medically retired, which left the Demons with depth issues.

Xavier O'Halloran remains a trade target for the Bulldogs and has been offered a three-year contract to move from Greater Western Sydney, but the Giants are determined to retain the contracted midfielder. – Josh Gabelich

I said this the other week but the Saints midfield is absolutely shithouse. And that’s before they move Marshall forward and have that plodder Soldo in there. They actually really need Macrae. They’ll come to the table.

I understand. But the Smith thing cant be about cash.

BTW, there's a Dangerfield in admin at Geelong. And apparently her wages are scrutinised all of the time by the AFL.
I think people under estimate how much the AFL check everything.

IF we do the wrong thing then ream us. I have no problem with that.

Well played Alex McDonald and the team at Hemisphere.

Well played.

RvfXwKp.gif

Has anyone that wants O'Hallaron actually watched him play? There's nothing wrong with not bringing anyone in if your primary trade targets are no longer available. The interest in O'Hallaron feels similar to the club being interested in the likes of Lobbe, Dawes and Soldo in the past, none of which were afl standard players and fortunately they never eventuated.

Has anyone that wants O'Hallaron actually watched him play? There's nothing wrong with not bringing anyone in if your primary trade targets are no longer available. The interest in O'Hallaron feels similar to the club being interested in the likes of Lobbe, Dawes and Soldo in the past, none of which were afl standard players and fortunately they never eventuated.
He's better than all of those

I'm not happy with JUH.
Goes OK against weak opposition with no pressure, tends to disappear when the heat is on. Among the least reliable kicks at goal in the AFL. Slow as a wet week when the ball hits the ground. Appears generally disinterested. Is being played where Sam Darcy (a generational talent) should be played.
Shows lots of promise but doesn't really deliver, and I doubt that he ever will.

Yes his form is patchy saying he goes ok against weak opposition ignores the games vs Geelong Sydney and Carlton where he played well

Don’t think he’s slow when ball hits ground

Garcia is a mad man. Doesn’t wear cheap Bangladeshi made tight t-shirts or drive the generic Ford Ranger. Get around him.
The thing that annoys me about Smith is the lack of maturity in how he defines his success and wants to be seen in the world.

I really don't care that he wants to flog shitty products or gather more social media followers.

But his social media base is effectively teenage girls.

At some point your definition of success and self-worth has got to evolve from the fact that these people find you attractive, especially as you yourself get older.

It's just really not a great reflection of him as a person with the lack of maturity developing when it should, as he gets older.

Last edited:
"Macrae started the season in the VFL and played three games for Footscray in 2024, around four games as sub in 19 appearances, including the elimination final."

Pump the brakes. Norman ol' son!

brake-van.gif

I thought the narrative was that Macrae was either out of the side or being wasted as the sub all season.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back