Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

On the margins, JJ staying means we have to assume it's marginally more likely that one of Daniel/Macrae leaves, hence our confidence in keeping JJ around at this point in time.

Please explain
Player management, correctly identifies the possibility that their un-contracted client has 3 teammates vying for a starting position leaving the club.

Player management puts out nebulous talk of other teams having an interest in their client.

Un-contracted player re-signs at club.

We see pretty much the same scenario play out every year.

I'm happy with JJ staying, he played some really good games over the first two months last season and his run and carry was very valuable, we really missed it when Ed went into the middle and Dale copped a few hard tags. His body is obviously an issue so hopefully he can be healthy for the business part of 2025, but one year on low $ is fine.

Agree one or both of Macrae / Daniel will likely be moving in this period also which is all the more reason for JJ to stay one more year.

On the margins, JJ staying means we have to assume it's marginally more likely that one of Daniel/Macrae leaves, hence our confidence in keeping JJ around at this point in time.
Macrae is definitely leaving, but I'm just not sure on Daniel. I think if we can get a mid-20s pick for CD then we take it.

He’s kicked 25 goals in 67 games that’s less than Laitham in more games

Just say you want new players and you don’t care who it is or what we pay
There's a reason the club is trying to bring him in... and it's not just to "do something".

All of the clubs around us are actively trying to improve in the trade period. We can't just be relying on internal growth whilst our midfield gets older and drops off a cliff

There's a reason the club is trying to bring him in... and it's not just to "do something".

All of the clubs around us are actively trying to improve in the trade period. We can't just be relying on internal growth whilst our midfield gets older and drops off a cliff
So how does O’Halloran help out midfield that’s apparently about to drop off a cliff?

He’s kicked 25 goals in 67 games that’s less than Laitham in more games

Just say you want new players and you don’t care who it is or what we pay
Are we talking Ohalloran? I'm OK with 3 years at average dollars. Definitely has some risk (as does every average dollar player), but has a lot of traits we want/need - fast, agile, endurance, strong, burst, young.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So how does O’Halloran help out midfield that’s apparently about to drop off a cliff?
Our midfield has 2 x 30 plus year olds with pretty prominent injury histories. People were calling for Libba to retire this year and others were saying Treloar was pretty much done and would retire before this year.

They both might not last the year.

Yes Richards has been great, and we would be up shit Creek if Garcia left so that was a relief, and yes Sanders is there but we need more.

If you think you know more than the club you should probably write in and offer your services. You seem to think everyone they have been looking at is below par except Houston who you also say we don't need.... so maybe we can save some funds on our recruitment salaries

I genuinely don’t think he’s ever heard of any of these guys and is just desperate for a trade for some unknown reason like it’s the only way to improve your list as if the draft doesn’t exist
I'm happy to take him on the cheap, but outside of the token first month of footy that recruits seem to get I do see him playing ahead of anyone currently in our 23.

Are we talking Ohalloran? I'm OK with 3 years at average dollars. Definitely has some risk (as does every average dollar player), but has a lot of traits we want/need - fast, agile, endurance, strong, burst, young.
I’ve got no issue at it really either just replying to someone who said what he offers is goals who clearly hasn’t watched him who seems to always think it’s a disaster if C graders don’t come

Our midfield has 2 x 30 plus year olds either a pretty prominent injury history. People were calling for Libba to retire this year and others were saying Treloar was pretty much done and would retire before this year.

Yes Richards has been great, and we would be up shit Creek if Garcia left so that was a relief, and yes Sanders is there but we need more.

If you think you know more than the club you should probably write in and offer your services. You seem to think everyone they have been looking at is below par except Houston who you also say we don't need.... so maybe we can save some funds on our recruitment salaries
Brother in christ if you think Xavier O'Halloran who averages 1.1 centre bounce attendances per game is playing any meaningful minutes in the midfield you have lost your damn mind.

Our midfield has 2 x 30 plus year olds either a pretty prominent injury history. People were calling for Libba to retire this year and others were saying Treloar was pretty much done and would retire before this year.

So you’ve just openly admitted we have the young players to come through and replace them yet we are about to fall off a cliff?

How’s that your take away from this? Clearly if we aren’t getting them the club decided they weren’t worth the cost for the minimal upgrade they’d make to the list not rocket science

Brother in christ if you think Xavier O'Halloran who averages 1.1 centre bounce attendances per game is playing any meaningful minutes in the midfield you have lost your damn mind.
He keeps brining up our midfield falling off a cliff then goes on to say we are ****ed when we miss out on role players who don’t play midfield makes no sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back