Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be spewing if we get pick 25 from North for Caleb and then flip it for XOH... if we can land him for later picks great, otherwise just wait until next year. 25 will be a very juicy pick if we end up with it

I'll be spewing if we get pick 25 from North for Caleb and then flip it for XOH... if we can land him for later picks great, otherwise just wait until next year. 25 will be a very juicy pick if we end up with it
GWS don’t think 35 is enough so it’s likely going to have to be something around 25 if we want him this year

If North gave up pick 25 surely someone would burn down Arden Street.

If they miss out on Houston I think they will be very keen to get Caleb in still. Even if it were 25 for Caleb and 48 (which is going to come right in to like 39-41 after all the father son and academy biddings I believe), I don't think is an awful deal for either club. Downgrade their pick and get the guy they have offered a 4 year deal too who could really help them over the next few years.

GWS don’t think 35 is enough so it’s likely going to have to be something around 25 if we want him this year

Yep and contracted + losing a lot of players already, well within their rights to not just want a late 2nd / early 3rd round pick for him, I just hope we don't get desperate to bring him in and overpay. Wait a year, if we miss him, we miss him. Give Curtis Taylor a look for free on the rookie list and Charlie Clarke gets another year to try and prove himself.

Last edited:
maybe we can get XOH as future second rounder.
If we get 25 for CD maybe use that and a future first to get high up in the first round.
Would be nice to have two first round picks this year
Then maybe only use one later pick and save a spot for SSP or rookie if we have spot available.

Smith's management has been approached about having a Biography or ghost written Autobiography written about him with good money tabled.
How can this possibly be true? What will the book be about? “ my brilliant but ultimately unsuccessful 4 game 2012 finals campaign”. What has he achieved yet? I am not saying he won’t achieve anything in the future but for a book now what would grab the minds of the public enough that they would pay for the story. Is it an album of photos of Smith with his shirt off? Staggering.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The end game would be the killing the golden goose.
The game was built on tribal loyalty to your club.
We see them drafted and they become one of ‘us’.
If players swap clubs too easily we lose that sense of loyalty.
Let’s face it, our love of the Dogs is the only this keeping us invested, the product is rubbish.
Yep. The game is completely and utterly corrupt and serves the administrators. The AFL meddles in the clubs and in trades. It is run as a Mafia and the only clubs that really have a seat at the table are one or two big ones.

Geelong had a supplement plan Similar to essendon. Yet nothing happened. Melbourne deliberately match fixed. Yet nothing.

We will posture and ultimately end up with what we get.

The AFL as a code at the highest level is compromised.

Well we definitely won't get a top 10 pick now. Suns are the other team most likely to trade back, and are already weighing up two decent deals as it is.

How can this possibly be true? What will the book be about? “ my brilliant but ultimately unsuccessful 4 game 2012 finals campaign”. What has he achieved yet? I am not saying he won’t achieve anything in the future but for a book now what would grab the minds of the public enough that they would pay for the story. Is it an album of photos of Smith with his shirt off? Staggering.
I would say him playing AFL finals football at the age of 12 would be an interesting story.

Dees are getting bombers pick 9. What are we doing here? Sitting on our hands is an interesting strategy.
Well we can't exactly do anything when we have no picks can we? Hands are tied by the Cats and Saints being stubborn. All the moves will be made before we even get the Macrae and Smith deals done.

Dees are getting bombers pick 9. What are we doing here? Sitting on our hands is an interesting strategy.
It would probably help to just log off and go do something else instead of melting about the things not happening with 3 entire days left of the trade period. Majority of trades happen on the last two days anyway

WESTERN BULLDOGS

There’s a fair bit on list boss Sam Power’s plate — largely surrounding Bailey Smith in the out-of-contract midfielder’s bid to get to Geelong. The Dogs have reportedly asked for a top 10 pick for Smith after rejecting the Cats’ offer of Pick 17. It looms as one of the most fascinating deals expected to go down to the wire of Wednesday’s deadline. There is no real chance the national or pre-season draft gets used even though, as is typical at this time of year, it was raised as a threat. Expect a favourable late swap along with 17 to get the deal done. Otherwise, the Dogs have belatedly begun talks with St Kilda over a Jack Macrae trade, with a bit of a salary cap squeeze pushing Luke Beveridge’s side into making the move even if they only get a late future pick back, while Caleb Daniel has interest from North Melbourne in a move that could gain momentum in the coming days. The Dogs have reportedly asked the question of Giants midfielder Xavier O’Halloran, but GWS isn’t keen to move him after losing experience in trade and free agency. The Dogs are also among the teams in the mix Gold Coast’s Pick 13, having reportedly offered a future first rounder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back