Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll be spewing if we get pick 25 from North for Caleb and then flip it for XOH... if we can land him for later picks great, otherwise just wait until next year. 25 will be a very juicy pick if we end up with it

The ten most recent pick 25s:

2014 - Daniel Nielson
2015 - Josh Dunkley
2016 - Ben Long
2017 - Noah Balta
2018 - James Rowbottom
2019 - Jackson Mead
2020 - Brayden Cook
2021 - Mitch Knevitt
2022 - Lewis Hayes
2023 - Henry DeMattia

So, a 3/10 success rate. If we think XOH can 100 games as best 22 for us then I'd be fine with using pick 25 for him. Sure, sometimes pick 25 gets you a star like Dunkley or Rowbottom, but other times it gets you a player who'll play ten games or less. XOH will probably be somewhere in between.

Yep. The game is completely and utterly corrupt and serves the administrators. The AFL meddles in the clubs and in trades. It is run as a Mafia and the only clubs that really have a seat at the table are one or two big ones.

Geelong had a supplement plan Similar to essendon. Yet nothing happened. Melbourne deliberately match fixed. Yet nothing.

We will posture and ultimately end up with what we get.

The AFL as a code at the highest level is compromised.
Woah!
Be careful mate.
Robinson put us in contact with Dank. Hocking met him and said no.
Thats its.

We aren't trading out future picks because we need them for Butters
There has been zero to support that we even have Butters on our radar. The fact we are in discussions for Gold Coasts pick 13, using future picks, shows the club is happy to use them. I think Butters is closer to fans wishful thinking, than reality sadly.

In fairness we got croft and Sanders for two first rounders. Croft has darcy talent
Bill Hader Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sanders and Croft for three first rounders, wasn't it? Our pick and Brisbane's last year and ours this year. At the moment looking at the drafts I'd prefer Darcy Wilson and Xavier Lindsay over Sanders on his own.

Darcy Wilson looks good but he’d struggle playing as an inside mid, which is obviously what we drafted Sanders for.

Lmao to the Xavier Lindsay suggestion. He’s a slow winger who hasn’t even been drafted yet…?

Get stuffed

Not sure why people keep on bringing up Salary Cap in relation to Jack. We don’t have any cap issues and we want to keep him - it’s nothing like the Gold Coast (Bowes) or Collingwood (Treloar/Grundy) situations. If Saints want him for less due to his contract, then maybe they shouldn’t have targeted him?

Remove this Banner Ad

Strategy Trade and List Management Thread Part 7 (opposition supporters - READ posting rules before posting)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back