Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Richmonds Trading

I can't believe that Foley took three pages to be mentioned. He, along with Tambling, would be a perfect fit at Essendon. Deledio would be out of touch given how much he would cost us.

I think we might have to give up one of our young KPP's for Foley. Tambling would be an exciting player for us on the wing or half back along side Watson et al who could farm the ball out to him. Wind him up and let him go so to speak.

EDIT: I should add that there would no use in trading to cut off your nose to spite your face. Our list is coming along nicely, but if a player was keen to come to us and we could get them for a steal, then sure, go for it.

i would give them a kit kat for damien hardwick. the rest i would throw in the tip:thumbsu:

The only players on te table at the end of the year will be
Tambling
Jackson
Moore
rance
Morton (possibly)
tuck
white
Connors
Mcmahon

Just curious why are people intrested in tambling done nothing his entire career, what would he add to a team like essendon???

Ohh and foley won't be goin anywhere our most importent player by far!!

Re: Andrew Krakouer

No. He hasn't been convicted anyway, only charged. And he's already here. I just don't think we should be bringing someone with previous jail time into the club. Someone of that character is not wanted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only players on te table at the end of the year will be
Tambling
Jackson
Moore
rance
Morton (possibly)
tuck
white
Connors
Mcmahon

Just curious why are people intrested in tambling done nothing his entire career, what would he add to a team like essendon???

Ohh and foley won't be goin anywhere our most importent player by far!!
We wont trade Connors, Hardwick loves him.

Lets be honest, anyone Richmond will trade probably isnt worth having. All the good players will be off limits.

Tambling being played on a wing could be perfect for Essendon, perfect replacement for Lovett. Not Tambling's fault they are playing him all over the place.

2nd rounder +Houli

Tigers fans would you take it?

Tambling being played on a wing could be perfect for Essendon, perfect replacement for Lovett. Not Tambling's fault they are playing him all over the place.

2nd rounder +Houli

Tigers fans would you take it?

Houli for Tambling, or just a 2nd rounder for Tambling would be more fair. Tambling is stuggling to maintain a spot in the 22 of the worst team in the league...

Houli for Tambling, or just a 2nd rounder for Tambling would be more fair. Tambling is stuggling to maintain a spot in the 22 of the worst team in the league...

Tambling is being played completely out of position. He won't be cheap and in this draft a 2nd rounder is probably pick 35 ish at best, so it is really an early 3rd rounder.

Ahhh, so you don't mind if they are criminals, just not convicted criminals, fair cop.

I probably didn't articulate myself well. Krakouer has done time. Hurley hasn't been convicted. Even if he ends up with it, he's already with us, but if he'd done this before the draft, I doubt we'd have picked him. That's not to say he can't make amends and shouldn't be given another chance, but there's a difference between helping and supporting someone who's already part of the club and taking on board someone who's done jail time like Krakouer. There's ya fair cop.

I probably didn't articulate myself well. Krakouer has done time. Hurley hasn't been convicted. Even if he ends up with it, he's already with us, but if he'd done this before the draft, I doubt we'd have picked him. That's not to say he can't make amends and shouldn't be given another chance, but there's a difference between helping and supporting someone who's already part of the club and taking on board someone who's done jail time like Krakouer. There's ya fair cop.

Fair enough, I just feel that if he is good enough at football, and shown that he has turned a corner, it would be good and worth it if a club could take a chance on him.

As you said he has done his time. He ****ed up big time, and paid the price. Hurley ****ed up though not as big time, paid a price too in many respects.

Obvoiusly it would be a risk, but I would hate to think of any club being held responsible if a guy acts like a dick because they gave him a chance.

Player Management

A toast to the selection committee for their work this year.

Some of the choices they have made have been at odds with many of the posters on the board here so far this year. I'm talking about people who were calling for Dempsey to be dropped for a bit (I was one of these) for Melksham or Colyer to play or not play. For Ryder to be dropped. For Lonergan not to get a game. For Myers not to come in, or to go out. Etc. I dont think there is anyone who has agreed with their choices every time, and they haven't been flawless, but for the most part they have gotten it right.

The form of Dempsey, Ryder, Davey, Myers, Prismall (yes, I think his last two have been ok, if not that great), Lonergan, and others over the past few weeks have all justified the decisions the selection committee has made about player management. So some kudos there.

It will be interesting to see how they go over the next bit, once NLM, Hooker, Dyson, Reimers & co start coming back in to fitness. Lets hope they keep getting it right.

(of course Williams and Houli fans will no doubt come in to this thread and go "arrgghhh", but well...)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back