Trade/Delistings/List Management 2010 Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Leroy Jetta

Jetta's name has started to be thrown around over here, not sure about level of interest. Not much on the Freo board and a little more on WC board due to the small fwd trade thing Shame because he and Collard were rated highly at the time. We delisted Collard at the end of his first year. It was supposed to be linked to his application and ongoing social issues.

What has Jetta's efforts been like in the 2's for Essendon? Is it lack of talent or application that has put him in the gun?

Jetta's name has started to be thrown around over here, not sure about level of interest. Not much on the Freo board and a little more on WC board due to the small fwd trade thing Shame because he and Collard were rated highly at the time. We delisted Collard at the end of his first year. It was supposed to be linked to his application and ongoing social issues.

What has Jetta's efforts been like in the 2's for Essendon? Is it lack of talent or application that has put him in the gun?

A lot of people would say application, but in a side that's getting r*ped week in week out, a small forward is going to look ordinary. Bendigo has finished with a percentage of about 50, not much scoring going on at all.

At this stage in his career there is NO POINT putting him up for trade since we won't get much for him. Keep him on the list, look at Leon Davis, he struggled the first three-four years on the list.
He has the skills just needs to complete his game. Gee his still a kid, give him a break!

His efforts in the two's have not been bad but he has simply struggled to pick up any part of the defensive side of things.On top of that he has been promoted to the seniors 4 times during the year and has failed to deliver what was required.
The problem is he had a huge reputation from his under 16 days but has failed to live up to it. He hung around the forward line during under 18 champs and kicked a few classy goals but he has not taken the next step up.

The issues he has is he is not quick. The groin/op issues he had in his last season at under 18 level and his first few years at Essendon seem to have killed of any speed he has.
He has no engine at all and has struggle to improve that since his second year.
From what i hear he is not overly smart when it comes to game plan and he has not taken his chances on the big stage.

The part than annoys me the most (and i know this is a hindsight thing) is we passed on Rioli becasue we had drafted Jetta and Davey the previous year and at the time we did not want to draft another small forward who had a question mark on his work ethic.

My take on Jetta is the following

- gun player at the under 16's - probably in the best 3 or 4 players in the country

- improvement started to plateau at the under 18s - why he fell to 18.

- Although small in stature has always had a physically developed body and other s caught up physically

- From all reports questionable work ethic.

- I guess that if Jetta applies himself he can become a good AFL player - but no better.

The only conclusion from Leroy not playing tonight in front of Quinn is that his time at Essendon is done, Seemed to be a really skilled and balanced player early on but from reports wants to return home to Perth, should we just take whats offered for him?

The only conclusion from Leroy not playing tonight in front of Quinn is that his time at Essendon is done, Seemed to be a really skilled and balanced player early on but from reports wants to return home to Perth, should we just take whats offered for him?
Not unless he desperately wants out or if a club offers something decent, which is highly unlikely.

Lets face it, he's not worth anything more than a pick in the 30's at this stage and we're better off persisting with him in such a weak draft.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interested in Staker ?

Probably not Staker Eagle, i dont mind the look of him but we are quite well stocked for talls ATM. Not sure how interested you guys would be but how about something like Jetta + 2nd Round pick for S Hurn?

Probably not Staker Eagle, i dont mind the look of him but we are quite well stocked for talls ATM. Not sure how interested you guys would be but how about something like Jetta + 2nd Round pick for S Hurn?

haha, one of our best players this year for a 2nd rounder and jetta?

i dont think we'd trade him for anything at the moment. one of those guys who would be completely off the table.

i can interest you in seaby, nicoski, wilkes and hansen though...

haha, one of our best players this year for a 2nd rounder and jetta?

i dont think we'd trade him for anything at the moment. one of those guys who would be completely off the table.

i can interest you in seaby, nicoski, wilkes and hansen though...

Yeah i kinda thought he may be off the table, cant blame a bloke for trying though:D, Another player for the eagles i really like is number 12 (sorry his name escapes me) what would we need?? He's tough at the contest and seems to use it quite well

that's jamie mcnamara. steady player, you could easily make a play for him. he's got a lot of heart. dont know about his future at west coast, he's uncontracted and i suspect he'll get a 1 year extension unless we find a trade.

he's pretty much an ok all round player who'll never be a gun. jetta for jmac straight swap i would do, doubt essendon would.

Yeah, I think he maybe a goner. Sad, he showed alot of promise in 08.
I would be happy to keep him on the list another year or two to see how he pans out. I think he is less of a risk than Quinn.

The Jungle Drums are beating about Leroy jetta.

I envisage EFC trying to trade him.

How about this trade.

Jetta for Thorp.

Hawthorn have big wraps on Jetta and I understand that Thorp has his admirers at EFC.

Went to the game last night and was standing about 10m away from Hille, Jetta and Bellchambers who basically sat in silence for three hours. I have never seen a more dejected bunch of blokes. Watching Belly and Hille watching us get smashed in the ruck and when Quinny missed that goal they just looked in disbelief, just emotionless. Not playing either of those two was a horrible, horrible decision.

We nedd to take the punt and just put him up for trade. I wouldnt delist him as a player that talented would be a waste. I have a feeling that being put on the trade table is the kick up the bum that he needs. Dont know where to mplay him though maybe a Harbrow job? Dont think he has the kicking ability for it and look to small up on a forward flank. Really he seems best suited t a wing where his fitness is crap. He looks in trouble as an AFL footballer.

Jetta will still be at Essendon next year unless he wants to leave.

Need to be patient with the indigineous midfielders. We'll look pretty stupid if (and when) he starts firing at another club when he hits his mid twenties.

Davis, Lovett, Bateman, the Daveys, Chris Johnson, Hayden are all some recent examples.

Tambling started showing glimpses this year in his 5th year and Wells still hasn't fully developed but will come good eventually.

Leroy has got the ability. He just needs a bit of TLC at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back