Recruiting Trade/Draft Talk III - Zaharakis for a SIG BET?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So its safe to say Knightmare does a ton of guess work. I don't believe GC will take 4 midfielders in their 1st 4 picks. However he believes that we will pick up 3 midfielders ourselves. Now supporters we need a mixed bag from this draft as we all well know and Knightmare provides a write up of what each club needs but then chooses his own regardless. However past pick 10 this draft is a mixed bag and anything will and possibly could happen. I'm going to strap myself in, cross my fingers and hope Dodo knows what the flog he's doing on draft day, enjoy the ride!

Knightmare is very very good at what he does. He has tons of inside info and you will see a week out from the drsft his mock will change a fair bit. The last few years he has had his top 25 pretty much perfect and picking alot of picks out side of that aswell, it is a tight drsft this one tho. He'd be the most reliable source on BF. He also doesn't watch many replys or highlights. He's pretty old school in the way he does things. He calls a player how he sees a player, and unlike a lot of scouts he's try's not to focus on individual guys

Knightmare is very very good at what he does. He has tons of inside info and you will see a week out from the drsft his mock will change a fair bit. The last few years he has had his top 25 pretty much perfect and picking alot of picks out side of that aswell, it is a tight drsft this one tho. He'd be the most reliable source on BF. He also doesn't watch many replys or highlights. He's pretty old school in the way he does things. He calls a player how he sees a player, and unlike a lot of scouts he's try's not to focus on individual guys
Yeah Knightmares rankings will be different to others because with most people who actually watch them live you get your own views. Nobody has Drew in their top 20 but he has him top 10, he could be right or wrong but it's his view as a draft watcher and you can't really say he is wrong. When it comes to draft positions he will go off what he hears in the media like most. You gotta take a lot of other guys views aswell guys like me and Knightmare only get to see the games in Melbourne where as some like chris25 has better knowledge on the interstate guys

Yeah Knightmares rankings will be different to others because with most people who actually watch them live you get your own views. Nobody has Drew in their top 20 but he has him top 10, he could be right or wrong but it's his view as a draft watcher and you can't really say he is wrong. When it comes to draft positions he will go off what he hears in the media like most. You gotta take a lot of other guys views aswell guys like me and Knightmare only get to see the games in Melbourne where as some like chris25 has better knowledge on the interstate guys

Yeah no doubt. He always has someone in his top 10-20 who no one else does. But yeah once it gets closer to drsft time he changes it accordingly. Chris25 is great as well. Although he can be bias towards WA guys abit. But even he knows it. Last year Knightmare has Parish as about his 10 best player but knew we would take him with one of our first picks

Yeah no doubt. He always has someone in his top 10-20 who no one else does. But yeah once it gets closer to drsft time he changes it accordingly. Chris25 is great as well. Although he can be bias towards WA guys abit. But even he knows it. Last year Knightmare has Parish as about his 10 best player but knew we would take him with one of our first picks
Well if you watch certain players enough then you rate them better than you would a player you haven't seen as much so I can let chris25 of with that. Yeah another thing when you go to the games is you can overhear certain things and getting he chance to talk to guys like Shifter and Cal was awesome and you can see how different they rate certain players. One Geelong recruiter is absolulty smitten with Taranto and Gallucci.

I'd be surprised if EFC doesn't pick up three midfielders in the draft, considering players brought in through trading and DFA, and considering the age of players like Goddrad,Stanton,Hocking and Watson - Midfielders are the priority in this draft.
So is that how we missed out of having a proper kpf since Lloyd?

This Brodie stuff is crazy talk. He will go top 10 and more than likely go top 5 (to Carlton)

The AFL draft your own top 10 is on the AFL website. Good luck to everyone who decides to test their skills. Interesting to note they only have 4 ruckmen on the ticket to choose from.
English, Darcy, Lynch and Olango.

Last edited:
This might be a silly question but do they play with smaller football's in state league games?
From the size of Kerrs handling of the football it either looks smaller or his hands a whoppingly huge!

Last edited:
This might be a silly question but do they play with smaller football's in state league games?
From the size of Kerry's handling of the football it either looks smaller or his hands a whoppingly huge!
All senior footballs are the same size. Whether you're playing D4 Ammos or AFL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Gold Coast are not interested in him I could see him going to North at 11.
North could also look at speed or outside players.
Joel Selwood, Jake Stringer, Jake Lever are examples of being taken early despite missing majority of their draft year and well their performances speak for themselves
The story in the Herald Sun about Stringers injury had me gagging.

Eagles would be licking their lips.

Hes the one player that hasnt been linked to anyone so im sort of seeing it the same. I think Richmond was the club before trading their pick 6.

Maybe hes a flight risk thus gold coast arent that keen
Yep a few phantom drafts ive seen have just plonked him in from 7-12 because he's irresistible that late. Rumours he is a flight risk.

Matt Balmer @MattBalmer7
Could history be on the cards at Nov 25ths #AFLDraft? Sources tell me GWS academy member Will Setterfield met with Essendon today. Bid @ 1?
7:15 PM - 10 Nov 2016
8 8 Retweets 11 11 likes

WEEVZ but Twomey knows alot more than pure guesswork on Bigfooty. Im not aure why you take bigfooty drafts so seriously. They are wrong year in year out and TBH i could answer and write very similar things on each player and i havnt seen any play live. Its not hard.

reincarnated if he says to the non vic clubs ill be leaving you in 2 years for a lot less return then he could well slide. He has to pass North they probably need more dynamic type wuth skill and the dogs at 18 would surely grab him but you never know. Can only see it happening if hes told non vic clubs he doesn't want to leave home and pushed that issue to them

On the draft machine for Josh Battle his first minute and a half is from the game he kicks 6 goals, the last goal in particular had people in awe and it was at that moment that a guy next to Dodoro asked if he would grab him at 19 and he replied "I don't think he will be available". Wouldn't shock me in the slightest if we pick him at 20
i have him totally going to us at 20 if available.....tall forward and a gun...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back