List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2017/2018 - Refreshed (cont in part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How would people feel if this was the pies looking to blow 2 firsts one being a top 10 pick on a 29 year old very good but not great player?

If we were in frame to have a real crack next year and he filled a critical role, I'd be ok with it...maybe

its still heresy that the crows give up two first rounders isn't it ? I think it'll be one and maybe a future second. or maybe Shache gets involved with cameron
Who knows seems to have stalled. They’ll have to come up with something quick tomorrow to get him over the line.

If Carlton manage to convince Lynch to nominate them, convince GC to open up trade talks, clear necessary cap space, table a monumental offer to Lynch and have it accepted by all parties by 2pm tomorrow they deserve to have him.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I was talking about next year. I thought that was clear based on context.

If Carlton manage to convince Lynch to nominate them, convince GC to open up trade talks, clear necessary cap space, table a monumental offer to Lynch and have it accepted by all parties by 2pm tomorrow they deserve to have him.

Get your logic but think for eternity Carlton deserve:

Something's not right there, 2 first rounders and one in a potential superdraft.....I call BS
If saying that crows are in flag window justifies Gibbs trade then crows were bloody stupid not to throw more cash at F/A Rockliff.

https://www.footywire.com/afl/footy...ayerStatus2=A&tid2=20&pid2=3184&fid2=S&type=A

Similiar stats, similiar pay packet.... but Rockliff wouldn't have costed the draft picks.

Details aren't through yet. Could be 10+16 for Gibbs and Carlton's 2018 Second rounder. Due to the reported strength of next year's draft, Adelaide may consider Carlton's late teens/early20s 2018 second rounder to be more valuable than Pick 16 this year. Thus they may consider themselves to be paying slightly less than Pick10.

Can't see Lynch nominating Carlton IF he returns to VIC, give me one good reason why he would.

If we were in frame to have a real crack next year and he filled a critical role, I'd be ok with it...maybe

Really ? Interesting , personally I wouldn't be ok with spending 2 first rounders on any player 29 or older. I can't think of a player thats 30 that id be happy giving 1 first rounder for.

Fair call, but are draft picks going in play next year if he is an RFA?

If GC force a trade. As an RFA as opposed to UFA they can choose to match the offer. Like Adelaide threatened to d last year with Danger, forcing Geelong into a trade.

There are other sneaky ways to do the deal also.

You can offer a deal to Lynch that will give GC top of band 1 compo. That put them in a position to get Lukosius or the King twins next year.

You could also offer to trade for fringe players from GC offering more than market value. For example McKenzie for a first rounder. Having those first rounders helps that.

It's a bit of a rort but I expect all teams to be looking at that sort of deal.

The upside as NT pointed out is if you take Gibbs out of Carlton they're unlikely to improve. And Lynch has stated he wants to go to a good side. So it may actually work in our favour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We're working it out with Sydney but they're being jerks about it I think.

He's currently a Cat B Rookie which means we'd get him for nothing, but of course Sydney are onto us and are probably going ot offer him a contract which then forces a trade to happen.

Basically, they're going to be shits for the sake of being shits.
How are they being shits for not letting a player go for free?

Adelaide are having a rough offseason.

Lever will be a massive loss. They have some pretty good defenders, but they are more limited, not the complete player Lever is. They did not get overs for him, just about fair value.

Gibbs won't help them win a Premiereship. Their weakness is a lack of toughness and pressure, Gibbs fails at both. An outside mid with a nice kick but not great pace won't make much difference in finals.

Their forward line is a real weakness. Too big and not built for finals. Because of this, Cameron is more important to them than Gibbs would be. If they trade him out they're in trouble.

There's no end to Carlscum's arrogance.
They tried to hoodwink Adelaide by not only getting a first rounder this ear and a first rounder next year, they tried to get an upgrade of next year's second round pick with a swap so they could get Kennedy.
Thank Gog Adelaide were on the ball and said that wasn't the deal that was agreed to. The first rounders are still in play, but they expected Carlscum's future second coming back to them.

These 2 clubs deserve each other. I almost, I said almost, feel sorry for Gibbs. Been stuffed around 2 years in a row.

If GC force a trade. As an RFA as opposed to UFA they can choose to match the offer. Like Adelaide threatened to d last year with Danger, forcing Geelong into a trade.

There are other sneaky ways to do the deal also.

You can offer a deal to Lynch that will give GC top of band 1 compo. That put them in a position to get Lukosius or the King twins next year.

You could also offer to trade for fringe players from GC offering more than market value. For example McKenzie for a first rounder. Having those first rounders helps that.

It's a bit of a rort but I expect all teams to be looking at that sort of deal.

The upside as NT pointed out is if you take Gibbs out of Carlton they're unlikely to improve. And Lynch has stated he wants to go to a good side. So it may actually work in our favour.
What ever lynch is going to be payed, it is going to be automatic band one, no question about it.
The question what a team will have to give up as extra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back