List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2018/2019 - Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate Brisbane as much as the next guy - but is there any suggestion that us being in a "megatrade" would have gave us back anything more than we got in the Beams trade anyway?
And if the club felt we were overpaying, then we always had the option to just stick to our guns and walk away. It's not look we got him for a steal.
We're talking megatrade man. Mega anything has gotta be good. We missed out on mega action because of that Brisbane scum. Damn you Brisbane. Im mega annoyed.

I don’t want to write him off, but he’s definitely heading in that direction.

Well he Started the Season very well then had a PCL Injury that did slow him down(Though I think in my Opinion was very harsh on him with his Game vs GWS and Richmond)

Hopefully can get a Full Pre-Season and get back to the Early Season Form this year and stay injury Free during the Season.

Though I admit Beams coming in makes it even harder for him to get into the 22

Next season will have to be a big one for James, as there are a couple of players who could go past him.
Needs to find a position and make it his own.

Well he has a 2 Year Deal. Next Year is Make it or Break it. As Not in Best 22 he be Up for Trade and Possible De-Motions to Rookie List like what Happened with Oxley?

Well he has a 2 Year Deal. Next Year is Make it or Break it. As Not in Best 22 he be Up for Trade and Possible De-Motions to Rookie List like what Happened with Oxley?
He was unlucky in one way that he got injured when he did as he was playing pretty good footy, then got some luck back because of injuries.
Can not afford that next year if we do not have too many injuries

Not sure why people don't rate Aish.

He has class and is top 15 on our list imo.

If we compare him to, say Phillips, Aish is the class and Phillips can run.

I know what I prefer.

Would be interesting to see his stats v Steele in their first couple of years. He had a sophomore slump in the middle of the year when more attention was paid to him and then ramped up. I reckon he’s gonna be a beauty. Still very young and ticking along nicely.

Can’t believe how many posters threw him up as trade bait. But then again patience is a virtue rarely seen ‘round these parts.
I reckon he’s great too. Going to be a real gem for us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know some will knock him, but I really wouldn't Jacob Townsend from tigers in our forward line. At worst provides great forward pressure while showing he can also be a target up forward. Would allow us to play De Goey more through middle, with less concern of robbing our forward line, (to clarify for those that will think this way, i am in no way comparing Townsend to De Goey). Richmond appear likely to give him away cheap and i think he would be an awesome addition into the team.

As others have noted, our game has 'evolved' to the stage where a player like Menzel can be delisted. My head understands, but my footy loving heart doesn't get it. Bizarre.

Edit: not delisted, but not have his contract renewed. A disagreement over contract length I believe. Still bizarre.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back