List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pay $800k for Jordy that much. No thanks.Moore is AA Jordy doesn’t rip apart games consistently enough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forget what they are. Jordy has also won more games off his own boot than Moore has since 2018.
If we do a 2yr deal--we will be shooting ourselves in the foot when he is eligible for free agency.

You already talked about his disposal efficiency but your really underselling how bad it is. He has a below average disposal efficiency which is 60% and his kicking efficiency being 49% which is so much worse then someone like Phillips who has 67% and 60% respectively. I only mention phillips cause he is a well known bad user and gets clowned for it. While also averaging 4.9 turnovers. Also mentioning your defensive half touches, he averages 2 intercept possessions which is below average, 6 defensive pressure acts which is average, 14 pressure acts which is below average and only .7 one percenters which is below average.

Edit: forgot to add he is average (almost below average) for centre clearances but yes he is elite for stoppages around the ground

Treloar's raw DE% hasn't been great this year, but you'd have to think it's at least partially a reflection of how poor our ball movement has been overall. You compare him to Phillips who is the king of the short 15-20m chip kick, often backwards or sideways, so I think the comparison between him and Treloar is a little loose at best.

For reference even Pendles has ben ordinary this year with his disposal at times, which overall has dropped nearly 7 percent compared to last couple of years.

The other fact you're also glossing over is that Treloar has been much improved with his disposal over 2018-19 especially with his kicking, so that should be noted in any sort of assessment like this. From where I sit he's often been one of the very few players in black and white who have been trying to break the lines and get it into our F50 quickly this season, often after a chain of 5-10 possessions which have gone nowhere, so personally I'm giving him a mulligan on 2020.

DEES KEY FORWARD UP FOR GRABS

Melbourne forward Tom McDonald is “officially up for grabs” despite having two years to run on his contract with the club.

McDonald struggled to cement his place in the side this year, managing only nine games.

Speaking on 3AW Sportsday, AFL reporter Sam McClure said the 28-year-old’s future was uncertain, with Collingwood one club asking the question.

“Tom McDonald is officially up for grabs,” he said.

“He’s got two years left on his deal, the Magpies have reached out and just asked some questions. I’m not sure whether they’ll be the ones he eventually goes to ... I don’t think he’ll be at Melbourne next year.”

Former Demon and Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy agreed that McDonald could be out the door, with the club and player mutually looking for a suitable deal.

“I think they’ve made their minds up. It sounds like that relationship is just about broken,” he said.

“He’s moving and they’re happy for him to move ... it looks to me like he’s just lost that confidence that he had.

“Maybe he’s destined to return to the backline. I’m not sure where Collingwood see him fitting in but they recruited Jeremy Howe as a forward and turned him into one of the great defenders of the last five or six years.”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Melbourne forward Tom McDonald is “officially up for grabs” despite having two years to run on his contract with the club.

McDonald struggled to cement his place in the side this year, managing only nine games.

Speaking on 3AW Sportsday, AFL reporter Sam McClure said the 28-year-old’s future was uncertain, with Collingwood one club asking the question.

“He’s got two years left on his deal, the Magpies have reached out and just asked some questions. I’m not sure whether they’ll be the ones he eventually goes to ... I don’t think he’ll be at Melbourne next year.”

Former Demon and Brownlow Medallist Gerard Healy agreed that McDonald could be out the door, with the club and player mutually looking for a suitable deal.

“I think they’ve made their minds up. It sounds like that relationship is just about broken,” he said.

“He’s moving and they’re happy for him to move ... it looks to me like he’s just lost that confidence that he had.

“Maybe he’s destined to return to the backline. I’m not sure where Collingwood see him fitting in but they recruited Jeremy Howe as a forward and turned him into one of the great defenders of the last five or six years.”
Upgrade on Roughy

I followed him as a junior. He went from being a rookie prospect as a forward, to being a second round selection after being switched to defence. He’s an excellent intercept defender and great field kick.
Ben Reid went from a pretty average forward to a AA back, Howe went from an okay forward to a gun back. Regardless of where those two were it can still happen.

I would not hesitate to take him. A good pre season and he could kick 40 plus goals for us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back