List Mgmt. Trade & F/A - 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ah, Mr. I’ll-never-let-you-down, considering how much money is worth letting us down for, again...

Calls to mind Mr. Fortius Quo Fidelius.

As an aside, speaking as someone who works with patients post-operatively; treat with the utmost suspicion anyone who claims to have a “high pain threshold”... they’re often the biggest sooks.

Exactly Dave. All the clubs with a chance of "capturing McDonald" will not relinquish that chance. He's a beauty.

Agree and I don't even think a Top 10 Pick + Star would even get it Done.

I reckon he be Drafted by North

I wonder what our offer will be? Apparently our offer to Cameron was more than Geelong's and we have a cap problem they say....

Depends IF that was with Treloar and/or De Goey Leaving

I think Trelaor's going tbh. Club's silence to me speaks loudly on their intentions.

They might not be saying anything because we don't want to and Shows we have no Interest on him Leaving

Agree and I don't even think a Top 10 Pick + Star would even get it Done.

I reckon he be Drafted by North

Which will actually be a shame for the boy. His first few years will be pushing shite up hill in a losing side with few if any older forwards to shield him and we'll only get glimpses of his talent. Oh well....clubs will line up to get him out of North in a couple of years.

Agree with the Gunston bit (highly intelligent forward who's come from a winning culture with excellent forward craft) but I can't agree with the 2MP "big upgrade on Cox"....if he was, he'd have been playing seniors all year.
Don’t think Cox could get a game at Suns
Couldn’t even get a game for us for half the season

Really don't understand the desire by some to get Adam Treloar out the door. Aside from Taylor Adams, and oldies Pendles and Sidey, exactly where are our midfield stars?

Hey mate, just saying... You can’t speak as a realist in this forum about our lack of a genuine midfield because you’ll get your head bitten off. I’d suggest against it. Also don’t say Pendles and Sidey are oldies, because you’ll upset a few who say they haven’t and won’t lose a touch.
Despite it being nearly of the most concern lmao

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone wanting Hogan hasn’t seen him play the last couple of years. He looks hopeless now. Corey Gault levels.

Them wanting to get Treloar out and interest in Zac Merrett is pretty understandable.

Treloars type is expandable
I must be similar to Treloar then. After a forced few months off work, I realise that I too, are expandable. Greatly expandable in fact.

What will we get for De Goey ? Top 5 Pick and ?

Thoughts ???

Anyone wanting Hogan hasn’t seen him play the last couple of years. He looks hopeless now. Corey Gault levels.
That’s been my interpretation too. No impact whatsoever.

I must be similar to Treloar then. After a forced few months off work, I realise that I too, are expandable. Greatly expandable in fact.

definitely keep any players that are expandable sounds like a real asset to have imo

I meant the last 2 seasons (Kelly the exception thus the brackets)
Murphy,IQ & Daics(admittedly better with the extra muscle) all showed they were up to AFL and should have had games pumped into them like Maynard
nothing wrong with bypassing VFL, Stevo played straight away
Sick of gifting games to guys with limited ceilings

The last two seasons we came within a kick of winning a grand final and a kick from making another...but yeah let's throw away those opportunities to play kids who aren't ready.

If this Logan McDonald kid is as good as a few on here are reporting then I think we put our aggots on the table and trade up the draft order and get him. All the other key forwards discussed have question marks and like Cameron I suspect already have their clubs chosen (Daniher Bris, Hogan Syd, Brown Melb etc).
Nobody knows how good McDonald really is and won’t know until he’s in the system. All well and good to put our eggs in one basket, but Boyd and Schache were described as ‘generational talents’ in their draft years too. As much as I’d love to get McDonald I’m pretty comfortable in the knowledge that there’s a high percentage chance he won’t end up being as good as he’s made out to be, so I’d be loathe to give up multiple first round selections to make it happen, which is what it would require.

I reckon Knightmare has an interesting point about trialing him as KPD
But with a demand for rucks this offseason, he provides a sweetener in trades, ie
Phillips & Lynch for Angus Brayshaw or T McDonald & jetta and late pick swaps (they're losing Preuss)
Sier & lynch for Sydney 2nd rounder

he also made the same point about about Cameron who actually did play well dropping back in defence in the WC game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back