Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
They will match a bid on ballenden
Can't afford to pass on home grown talent

Yeah, trading for big name players has worked well for Sydney. Who by the way were far stronger than we are.
Huh????????
Sydney have been in two of the last three grand finals
Were leading last Years gf in last quarter with franklin and Hannebery injured and on the receiving end of the most bias umpiring possible. The umpiring was even slated by the afl.
I would kill to have my team run like and have the results of Sydney! I think we are slowly on the right path but you have to question our last dismal decade if you have any independent thoughts and would trade aggressively to get a josh Kelly any day of the week.

If we lose Watson Stanton hocking howlett Kelly and bird I would hope we look at Rockliff and pittard in free agency as that is a lot of experience to lose.

Go watch last nights game and what him for the rest of the year. The guys in great form and can play deep. Would be a good partner for Daniher.

What's 8 months got to do with anything? Pretty stupid statement because the guy is playing amazing now.
He is playing amazing footy? Before last night he had kicked 6 goals from his last 8 games. The game before last night he had 0 kicks and 4 handballs for the game. He was goaless in 4 of his last 8 games.

He played a couple of good games to start the season and since then has been poor up until last night. This is what he does. He plays one good game every 8 or so games but the rest of the time he is pretty ordinary.

Hardly amazing form.

Sent from my F3115 using Tapatalk

Huh????????
Sydney have been in two of the last three grand finals
Were leading last Years gf in last quarter with franklin and Hannebery injured and on the receiving end of the most bias umpiring possible. The umpiring was even slated by the afl.
I would kill to have my team run like and have the results of Sydney! I think we are slowly on the right path but you have to question our last dismal decade if you have any independent thoughts and would trade aggressively to get a josh Kelly any day of the week.

Dont let the Doggie supporters hear you makjnv excuses for Sydney.

They had to battle far greater injuries all year and to key players.

On top of that they had to travel to play West Coast, then beat the reigning premiers before defeating the GWS on their home deck.

No one gave them a shot against Sydney. Strangely some people still say they pinched it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

If we lose Watson Stanton hocking howlett Kelly and bird I would hope we look at Rockliff and pittard in free agency as that is a lot of experience to lose.
Not worried about the experience of the midfield, although we definitely need the big bodies to replace them. Webb and Hopper would be at the top of my wishlist.

Half back is already incredibly inexperienced as it is, so acquiring a Pittard type is almost a must for mine.

Dont let the Doggie supporters hear you makjnv excuses for Sydney.

They had to battle far greater injuries all year and to key players.

On top of that they had to travel to play West Coast, then beat the reigning premiers before defeating the GWS on their home deck.

No one gave them a shot against Sydney. Strangely some people still say they pinched it.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don't care about bulldogs supporters.
Everything I said about gf true.
I think they did pinch last years gf like we did in 93.
Sydney were unlucky but were possibly lucky in 2012

Surely they would wait for someone to come close to Hipwood's output before thinking about switching him. He's probably the only guy that has shown a bag of tricks that could be the equal of Daniher.
I love Joe, but this is true. Hipwood can kick straight early in his career as well, something that Joe can't claim to.
Not saying he is guaranteed to be better than Joe, but the potential is definitely there

Comparison of Daniher's second season with Hipwood's so far. Obviously stats don't show everything but interesting nonetheless. Daniher left, Hipwood right.

21 Games 10
7.6 Kicks Per Game 5.3
3.7 Handballs Per Game 2.1
11.3 Disposals Per Game 7.4
5.3 Marks Per Game 2.6
1.3 Goals Per Game 1.4
Behinds Per Game 0.6
1.3 Tackles Per Game 1.5
Hitouts Per Game 0.1
1.9 Inside 50s Per Game 1.5
0.5 Goal Assists Per Game 0.4
0.9 Frees For Per Game 0.5
1.2 Frees Against Per Game 0.9
5.2 Contested Possessions Per Game 4.0
6.2 Uncontested Possessions Per Game 3.3
7.3 Effective Disposals Per Game 4.5
64.6% Disposal Efficiency % Per Game 60.8%
2.4 Clangers Per Game 2.7
Contested Marks Per Game 1.1
2.0 Marks Inside 50 Per Game 1.3
0.6 Clearances Per Game 0.1
0.3 Rebound 50s Per Game 0.2
1.5 One Percenters Per Game 1.6
0.1 Bounces Per Game 0.1
83.1 Time On Ground % Per Game 82.2
60.1 AFL Fantasy Score Per Game 40.8
60.9 Supercoach Score Per Game​

I think 1 of howlett, bird, hocking will get a contract next year for this reason. I personally think Watson goes around for 1 more year, but I seem to be in the minority there.
But even with that, I agree adding an experienced player will be important.

I think 1 of howlett, bird, hocking will get a contract next year for this reason. I personally think Watson goes around for 1 more year, but I seem to be in the minority there.
But even with that, I agree adding an experienced player will be important.
i kind of want him to.
I think his natural replacement is Laverde and he needs time still.
An extra year of Jobe might be handy cover, unless we go after a player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Joe, but this is true. Hipwood can kick straight early in his career as well, something that Joe can't claim to.
Not saying he is guaranteed to be better than Joe, but the potential is definitely there

I didn't say he would be better than Daniher. I said that he had a bag of tricks that could be the equal of Daniher. Danih

One thing that Hipwood hasn't done that is of significance is that he has not been standing on opponents heads and dominating packs (at least from what I have seen).

The list looks good after a game like tonight. Probably need an inside beast or two, a young key forward and another developing ruck.

Target a Hopper or Kennedy in the trade period and possibly table a big offer to Dusty. If we don't get anyone take our picks to the draft address our needs there.

If we make finals and they both miss out, will that hold any weight in his decision? How far down the line are we iyo?
Nope. We're 5th in line at best. 95% sure he plays at Sydney or Melbourne next year (more likely the latter)

I reckon we need to get a ruckmen in the trade period, would love to have a decent crack at Goldstein.

Remember when we were trading Monfries and we wanted Hamish Hartlett so badly? Lol what a terrible move that would've been

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back