Recruiting Trade & Free Agency IV - hypotheticals etc. (Continued in Part V)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I reckon we need to get a ruckmen in the trade period, would love to have a decent crack at Goldstein.

Remember when we were trading Monfries and we wanted Hamish Hartlett so badly? Lol what a terrible move that would've been

Goldstein has a contract till 2019 and Preuss can't get a game, personally prefer the latter.

Preuss needs to come to Essendon.
Loved watching him smash Mumford down in Hobart.

So he can play in the VFL? Bellchambers & Leuy are contracted for next year, Draper is a work in progress who has shown signs of improvement on a weekly basis. Not sure why Preuss needs to come to Essendon.

Why would Preuss leave? Contracted, 10 year player for North who are more likely to trade Goldstein to a Bulldogs or Geelong.

the only type of player we really need to be throwing cash at would be an elite midfielder who can rack up the tackles and clearances

every other part of the ground seems to be reasonably well covered
Yep. We probably need a bit more depth in a few areas (key forward) but an big-bodied inside mid is our highest priority.

Because why would you want to play for norf when you could play for us?
Why would you want to play for the side that plucked you from obscurity, developed you, given you a heap of faith and will be the #1 ruckman at said club for 10 years?

Josh Kelly is the exact player that would compliment our team
Hooper would be handy but the player we pick with our first rounder eg cerra, Dow, OBrien could be just as good

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Inside bull number 1 priority IMO, closely followed by a classy outside/inside mid, and then a lockdown defender to replace baguely
I agree to an extent however I think inside bulls are easier to find and develop compared to a classy Kelly type
Clarke and begley both have 'bullish potential'

I agree to an extent however I think inside bulls are easier to find and develop compared to a classy Kelly type
Clarke and begley both have 'bullish potential'
Yeah 100% agree regarding them being easier to find but with Watson gone next year its an area were going to be very bare in. An A-grade inside bull is worth their weight in gold, don't think Clarke will ever be A-Grade and Begley a few years away

Just like Hibbo and Crameri
Crameri was offered a deal well above his paygrade and took it, as well as being out of contract. Hibberd was pure and simply the Drugs saga.

Crameri was offered a deal well above his paygrade and took it, as well as being out of contract. Hibberd was pure and simply the Drugs saga.

Still disappointing nevertheless. Not holding it against them but they were both plucked out of obscurity by Essendon then left.

Still disappointing nevertheless. Not holding it against them but they were both plucked out of obscurity by Essendon then left.
They were easily replaced in the team, and we've turned nothing (back end draft/rookie picks) into something (high picks, more talented players). It's win-win-win really. Unless you're super old school about the whole loyalty thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back