List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

campbell chesser and a second rounder for baker is something we should look at. That’s if internally Richmond rate him
The stench of Blumfield strikes again.

I hear Terry Keays is available.....

Last edited:
Was Toce involved when st kilda overlooked Petracca (McCartin) Naughton (hunter clark and coffield)
Don’t think he was the head recruiter but he was definitely involved, he talked about it on a st kilda podcast

Josh Fahey is someone I would target to add to the midfield depth, he knows how to get plenty of ball & would get opportunities with us that he doesn't get with GWS. He would be a cheap add on that could add to our struggling team.

FMD

Why would Luke Parker want to leave Swans

He will be in the team soon enough
Because he's been BOG 3 weeks in a row in their magoos yet they're not playing him the seniors obviously because their younger mids are doing so well now. I think they're seding him a message that's he's in their best 22 anymore.

Screenshot 2024-05-15 052810.png

Was Toce involved when st kilda overlooked Petracca (McCartin) Naughton (hunter clark and coffield)
Questioning the recruitment of players isn't as simple as looking at who went before who. You need to take into account list needs as well as injuries that may have cruelled a players career once drafted.

There’s already talk of allowing the trading of ‘spare’ salary cap for draft picks … Blair will be all over this and preparing the books for a raid on picks.

For example Sydney want to retain Hayward end of this year but can’t afford to match the $800k / season being offered. We are in rebuild and have cap space to burn. We give Sydney $500k a year for 3-years in return for their 1st rounder. We get a top draft pick, Sydney retains Hayward.

I’ve got no doubt this will come in within 2-years, as the AFL is looking for mechanisms to speed up a bottom team’s ability to rebuild.

They’ve already allowed the salary dump of Bowes and pick-7 to Geelong, so this type of solution isn’t much different.

Bookmark it … and we will be there to take advantage by clearing out the books this year and next.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
yeah, I heard they where thinking of allowing dropping salary cap for bottom teams from 95 percent max to 92 or 90 which would be handy

We can talk tough on contracted players. But Baker is out of contract. We don’t have the whip hand in any negotiations for uncontracted players or free agents. D Rioli who is contracted until 2027 different story.

If they offer crud for Baker we can reject the offer and we would… but we can’t reject a reasonable offer (ie pick 10-15), as then we will massively piss off Baker and he could walk to pre-season draft and we get nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Blair always gets a fair deal for us. Relax people. And before Butlers name is thrown at me, we HAD to trade him and got what we could in a bad situation

Because he's been BOG 3 weeks in a row in their magoos yet they're not playing him the seniors obviously because their younger mids are doing so well now. I think they're seding him a message that's he's in their best 22 anymore.

View attachment 1989309
Its Happening Ron Paul GIF

Seems fair

whats wrong with giving a 30 year old captain and #1 Ruckman 2 years
Also timing seems to line up well with Ryan’s development with the word he’s going to get another 3 years with us

Looks like we have a ruck transition plan in place

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Getting Luke Parker is such a nuffie call.

Get pick 1 + another 3 picks in the top 20 and hit the draft HARD.

Give Yze a fair chance at coaching

Remove this Banner Ad

Back