List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

with our track record of picks in the teens? no thank you
We basically can't win another premiership unless we draft well. Qld and nsw teams have zones taking the best talent from there. How else do we build a premiership team unless we draft and develop? From the list we now have how do we build it? We don't have father zones and we don't have a zone, so in the afl landscape we are bottom in terms of recruiting with just our draft picks to use. To what degree we trade out depends on the balance we want to keep, but you are hoping if you get 2 picks for a baker or bolton 1 works out, if both work out then we start getting better. If.none work out we go from 17th to 18th..

Because of injury to our best players though. List is hardly 1987 standard
I think I emphasised that performance was at that level , the alarming thing is we only had one good player in 87 , flea , last count I had 8 that would slot into any side , I’m miffed why performance is at that historically bad level ,, right now we’re 3 or so players from our best lineup

was a genuine question,

wow okay so he was at the saints previously for 10 years.... and their list is in terrible shape. This guys is in charge of our rebuild....

but who who cares right?
🤡
I think his drafting hasn't been bad but their recruitment of players from other clubs has been appalling

We basically can't win another premiership unless we draft well. Qld and nsw teams have zones taking the best talent from there. How else do we build a premiership team unless we draft and develop? From the list we now have how do we build it? We don't have father zones and we don't have a zone, so in the afl landscape we are bottom in terms of recruiting with just our draft picks to use. To what degree we trade out depends on the balance we want to keep, but you are hoping if you get 2 picks for a baker or bolton 1 works out, if both work out then we start getting better. If.none work out we go from 17th to 18th..
It’s never just about drafting, especially now free agency plays a massive role along with every other very-able

Drafting is absolutely one of the key ingredient but it shouldn’t be solely focused on at the detriment of the bigger picture

Look at Carlton, over the past 10 years I wouldn’t say they have drafted well
They have had some great picks but also some absolute shockers

But they wouldn’t be in the position they are in now without the likes of Cerra, Fogarty, Kennedy, Martin, Williams, Hollands, Newman, Acres, Hewitt, Saad and Pittonet along with many more who were never drafted by Carlton

pick best draft talent + fill needs with free agency = Premiership success
no other way!
You have to get the free agency thing right though....cheap role players when you're not losing fa's the other way so they don't cost us compo picks or if the compo picks are crap and it doesn't really matter...or good players that would be better than whoever we'd draft with the compo picks...

We'd be very naive to think that Dimma and Rioli aren't talking. Wayne Campbell is a prick of a bloke and would screw us over at any chance he gets.
Campbell took Deledio off our hands who was a selfish ahole and gave us a couple of nice picks in return. One which got as Caddy. He may be a prick but the evidence to date suggests he'll do a fair deal.

Richmond have 17 players unavailable this week
Hawthorn have 2

Media
Richmond Bad
Hawthorn Good

Doesnt take long to turn things around, This season could absolutely do us wonders exposing kids to games and allowing us to hit the draft hard
Richmond 11 premiership players + Hopper and TT
Hawks = 0

You have to get the free agency thing right though....cheap role players when you're not losing fa's the other way so they don't cost us compo picks or if the compo picks are crap and it doesn't really matter...or good players that would be better than whoever we'd draft with the compo picks...
100%. you have to nail most of your picks and free agency acquisitions or else we end up like Stkilda!

If i am Baker Perth is nice to go home but I would be having a coffee with Dimma. Make way more sense and we would get a better pick for him. Pick 10

Mega trade
Shai, Baker and pick 22

For picks 8 10 and Ethan Read ... hardwick owes us one

Richmond 11 premiership players + Hopper and TT
Hawks = 0
Irrelevant as it’s the ability of the players missing, combined with those in the side that have just returned from long term injury. We’ve had no continuity this season. I think we have 3? players that have played every game. Pretty hard to be consistently decent when that’s what you’re facing

If people are concerned about our ability to score now it’s only going to get a lot worse wait until you look at the actual numbers behind the players that people don’t want at the club next year for some draft picks

If we lose even two of this group it’s going to get very ****ing grim
Bolton 😮, such an important player. 110 contested possesions and leading score involvement player, so hard to find the inside/outside + scorebaord impact

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Bolton 😮, such an important player. 110 contested possesions and leading score involvement player, so hard to find the inside/outside + scorebaord impact
& he’s having a “shit” year
We could only dream of drafting a player as good as Bolton with the picks we get for him

Irrelevant as it’s the ability of the players missing, combined with those in the side that have just returned from long term injury. We’ve had no continuity this season. I think we have 3? players that have played every game. Pretty hard to be consistently decent when that’s what you’re facing
I dont think many people seem to understand the impact this has on every aspect of our game.

Its not just about when they are missing, its the weeks after they get back also.

We could only dream of drafting a player as good as Bolton with the picks we get for him
Yeah this year, doesn't mean he will have one next year. it's mental how people think that something happening this year means it gonna happen next year too.

He's had a shit year, lets get rid of him. Richmond fan logic :rolleyes:

Edit: might have totally missed where you were going with that but i hope you get my point.

If people are concerned about our ability to score now it’s only going to get a lot worse wait until you look at the actual numbers behind the players that people don’t want at the club next year for some draft picks

If we lose even two of this group it’s going to get very ****ing grim
Either way we are bottom 6 side and need to rebuild. Keeping them is prolonging the bottoming out and exposing us to compromised Tassie picks.

Think his body language and mannerisms at times lead people to overlook his impact and instead just remember the bad moments more vividly. Hard to fathom Bolton is the one copping the most flack for the performances given his contributions though

Either way we are bottom 6 side and need to rebuild. Keeping them is prolonging the bottoming out and exposing us to compromised Tassie picks.
So for arguments sake you would trade Dusty this year if he was only 25 this year?

Think his body language and mannerisms at times lead people to overlook his impact and instead just remember the bad moments more vividly. Hard to fathom Bolton is the one copping the most flack for the performances given his contributions though
What us fans think and what the club thinks are 2 very different things so I wouldn't be too concerned with what is said on here.

The way i see it the club is not looking to trade anyone and would keep them all even Dusty if they got to choose. The cub just wants to go to the draft with what we have and the hope of improving our draft hand whatever that looks like depends on where those teams we are hoping to swap with finish on the ladder.

Well we probably wouldn't but we'd hopefully get two very good ones....
We already have at least one very good pick and will probably add to it with the loss of Baker and be able to package up the other picks we have stockpiled

It’s not like we will be left wanting for picks this draft

Surely we can organise with GC that we give them all those points for their academy picks and instead of only getting a first rounder we can get the other one for helping them pay some of their cap space. Paying cap space for picks is all the rage now.

We wouldn't be looking at a wooden spoon with peak Dusty let's be honest 😂😂
Why wouldn’t we?
If we had 2016 Dusty this year instead of Bolton you think we would have won any more games this year?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back