List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unfortunately, yes. It sounds like the club is overrating the list something awful.
I’d be very surprised if much of that came to fruition u just can’t overate your list losing by 10g ea week struggling to kick 8 , with near best side in , my spider senses say
Dusty likely playing elsewhere
Baker off to WA
Lynch traded
One of rioli or Bolton out
JG lost to FA
Plus several retirements
I see a couple of <23s traded in to

My concern is that the club believes the injuries are the reason we're on the bottom and not the poor shape of the list.
The fact that none of our ageing or injury prone premiership players are ever dropped - except McIntosh (for one game) - leads me to believe that this is exactly what they think.

If that is the case, we will be f**ked for 20 years.

Hmm I’d be equally as keen on trading pic 1 for 3 top 18 pics ,,,tho that depends on player trades . If we were to keep both rioli and Bolton , this could be an idea
Bugger that.
2024-Fos & Smille
25-Sharp
There's your Lids/Cotch & Prestia in 2 drafts.
Very solid base too grow your team around.

I agree, I’m not against trying to improve our draft hand. Just making the point Baker going for a mid-teens pick isn’t going to make or break our rebuild as odds are the player we get will be inferior to Baker.

And let’s say we did proactively trade out Bolton, Baker and Rioli, and got picks 5, 8 and 14. What if 2 of those are Fisher McAsey and Corey Ellis? What does the next 6-7 years look like then?

Or as Dons did in 2020 with picks 8,9,10 we get Reid, Perkins and Cox? 4-years later still doing sweet bugger all.

There’s no exact science, but pretty certain going nuclear isn’t the solution.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I understand but if we don't take our chances whilst they are there to be taken we could equally be at risk of being at the start of a rebuild in 3 to 4 years time. Or worse.

We could end up with a total of 3 to 4 years worth of first and second round picks if we add picks in for Bolton and Baker. Bolton will get us 2 firsts. Baker a first and a second. And I don't think that's going nuclear.

Going nuclear would be clearing Bolton, Baker and then guys like Rioli, Vlastuin, Balta, Taranto, on top of that.

The playing list is screaming for quality depth on all lines.

Trading Graham and Short and that's it isn't going to bring enough youth in. We have take a greater risk to incur a potentially greater reward.

Who dares wins.

I’d be very surprised if much of that came to fruition u just can’t overate your list losing by 10g ea week struggling to kick 8 , with near best side in , my spider senses say
Baker off to WA
Lynch traded
JG lost to FA
Plus several retirements

Near best side in?

There were 17 players injured in case you missed it for the weekend. Amongst those were:

• Tom Lynch
  • Dustin Martin
  • Jack Ross
  • Maurice Rioli
  • Josh Gibcus
  • Dion Prestia
  • Mykelti Lefau
  • Marlion Pickett

who are all certainly in our best team when fully fit. That is already more than twice as many injuries to best 22 players as teams suffer on average.

This is not to mention players who are around the fringes of the best 22, Clarke, Young. Or players who now look unlikely to play again, Grimes, Naismith. And sundry others.

The team we fielded v Fremantle was not within a bull's roar of our best side. Astonishing statement from you Bo.

And that is before we even consider the lack of continuity for the players who actually took the field.

Near best side in?

There were 17 players injured in case you missed it for the weekend. Amongst those were:

• Tom Lynch
  • Dustin Martin
  • Jack Ross
  • Maurice Rioli
  • Josh Gibcus
  • Dion Prestia
  • Mykelti Lefau
  • Marlion Pickett
Problem is most of those best 22 have an asterisk....

Tom Lynch - fcked with injuries and formless
Dustin Martin - getting well on. Can't chase.
Jack Ross - agreed.
Maurice Rioli - hmmmm probably just. Had a nightmare start.
Josh Gibcus - 2 years out of the system. How does he go?
Dion Prestia - played only a small handful of decent games this year. Injury prone. Getting well on.
Mykelti Lefau - agreed.
Marlion Pickett - fringe 22. Getting on. Ralphsmith has arguably gone past him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol Yze can't wait til the season ends. Can't blame him either. Wouldn't mind if they heck off half the footy department 3 weeks early too.
Clear sign in 2 weeks.
Out Baker/Rioli/Bolton/Martin/Graham(Managed)

Thought he spoke really well. Never really listened to him before 😂😂

Yze is a very good communicator. He’s been held as a senior coach in waiting for years. I don’t subscribe to him being poor at all.

He said a few interesting things. We will lose some experience this off season but the likes of Lynch and Prestia won’t go anywhere as they know the system and can teach the system.

Baker off to WA
Lynch traded
JG lost to FA
Plus several retirements
You still believe in the tooth fairy don't you.

Yze might be more forthright than he seems, this is the second time he’s said that he wants an answer from players if they are staying next year and he wants the answer soon and not at the end of the season.

He said he was pushing Dusty for an answer a while ago but agreed to leave it to late July early August.

Brisbane need the points to match for Marshall as well

I’d expect we turn those later 40-50 picks into another second rounder and then that gets packaged to get into pick 12

Otherwise Brisbane will need to make a bunch of list spots available
Marshall won't be a priority for Brisbane.

If there’s no standout, would you trade pick 1?
There is a standout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back