List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is most of those best 22 have an asterisk....

Tom Lynch - fcked with injuries and formless
Dustin Martin - getting well on. Can't chase.
Jack Ross - agreed.
Maurice Rioli - hmmmm probably just. Had a nightmare start.
Josh Gibcus - 2 years out of the system. How does he go?
Dion Prestia - played only a small handful of decent games this year. Injury prone. Getting well on.
Mykelti Lefau - agreed.
Marlion Pickett - fringe 22. Getting on. Ralphsmith has arguably gone past him.

Below was the team that beat clear ladder leader Sydney Swans in rd 3, on merit. That is clearly the best performance we produced this season. And 6 of those players were not available last weekend. Martin, Lynch and Prestia would be 3 of our 4 highest paid players along with Bolton, based on average contract salary. Prestia and Martin's contracts end this year and Lynch's ends next year. We are effectively still paying off our flags. But that is ending and with it a huge barrier to acquiring prime-aged elite talent vanishes. Our list is not in anywhere near as bad shape as our position on the ladder implies.

1720435870168.png

Essendon haven’t won a final for 18-years. GC have never made finals. North have won 13-games in the last 5-years.

They only have that many first round picks because they’ve been so so bad for so so long …

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Plus any over help the AFL have given them. If we can get some extra early picks should entertain it.

Essendon haven’t won a final for 18-years. GC have never made finals. North have won 13-games in the last 5-years.

They only have that many first round picks because they’ve been so so bad for so so long …

Yes but in 2016 we hadn't won anything and we drafted cotch, reiwoldt, Martin, rance 8 years earlier. The players you draft may work out quick like hawthorn in 2008 or they may need to build until they get to mid 20s. Taking who we don't like out of it, both essendon and GC sit very well with the talent on their list.

How many top 10 pics in our flag years I’m gonna say 5
Cotch. Dusty prestia lynch caddy

If we traded out for pics , I could see the sense in keeping pres, I’m ok with trading lynch out , he never plays
Trade out the ones that have currency. Prestia doesn't. Strong leader who struggles to get on the park, but I guess you don't have to play to have an impact on the young kids' development.

Trade out the ones that have currency. Prestia doesn't. Strong leader who struggles to get on the park, but I guess you don't have to play to have an impact on the young kids' development.
Prestia will play 20 games next year if Louie gets the ass

Remember Tassie 2029, we need to take our licks now or be lost in the wilderness for another decade plus.
yep..were no different then the other clubs that have gone through 'dynasty'..
we cop what were enduring now and slowly and methodical build up till our next charge at it.
like it or not, it's going to take years to get our list in order.

3 late first, those clowns are dreaming. Contracted Bolton is a bend them over without lube and don't be overly careful about it player when it comes to trading with a team who need this exact type of player for their first flag tilt.

4 late first rounders or Bolton stays bolted on at Tigerland. We can give them back our 2025 rd 2 pick if we are feeling especially generous.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

3 late first, those clowns are dreaming. Contracted Bolton is a bend them over without lube and don't be overly careful about it player when it comes to trading with a team who need this exact type of player for their first *** tilt.

4 late first rounders or Bolton stays bolted on at Tigerland. We can give them back our 2025 rd 2 pick if we are feeling especially generous.
They won't all be late. One of Pies amd Port will probably miss finals, the other won't go far if they make it.

I reckon freos 1s rounders will end up somewhere around what they are now - 10, 13 and 16. You take that deal if Bolton wants out.

What they say is 100% correct but whats in it for richmond ?
Picks #10 , #13 , #16 - That really isnt getting you and superstar players but more role players and if he was a free agent we get #2 which you couldnt get with the 3 picks freo have.

If we trade him in 2 years time to the eagles we still get a top 10 pick easily and we have him for another 2 years to keep Richmond competitive

Rioli , Short , Lynch are the players we should be looking to cash in and let Graham ,Broad & McIntosh explore options

They won't all be late. One of Pies amd Port will probably miss finals, the other won't go far if they make it.

I reckon freos 1s rounders will end up somewhere around what they are now - 10, 13 and 16. You take that deal if Bolton wants out.

The picks might start there but will slide. Could be a free agent compo and 2-3 academy & f/s picks, so they could easily end up picks 13 16 20 or something close to that. That is not enough for long contracted Bolton. That is more like his uncontracted price. They need to give us something more. I would suggest their 2025 1st rounder(expected value around pick 16) with our 2025 second rounder(ev pick 30 odd) back to them.

Make us the Emperors of the next 2 drafts or FRO, Bolton stays.

Picks #10 , #13 , #16 - That really isnt getting you and superstar players but more role players and if he was a free agent we get #2 which you couldnt get with the 3 picks freo have.

If we trade him in 2 years time to the eagles we still get a top 10 pick easily and we have him for another 2 years to keep Richmond competitive

Rioli , Short , Lynch are the players we should be looking to cash in and let Graham ,Broad & McIntosh explore options
I'll do that in a heartbeat 10 , 13 and 16 you'll get 3 excellent players if recruitment team get it right or bundle them up for a top 5 pick.

You can speculate on let alone 1 year then 2 or free agency.

I thought Yze spoke well, but I loved Sam Mitchell and how he spoke on how he and his team built their list and said they had a plan, they’ve stuck to it and are strong in their beliefs. That’s what we need to do.

He also threw in the Tassie coming in situation and how that would be different for each club.

Look at where we are. If you don’t think going forward we need a total revamp, I’m not sure what you are watching. We have very little A grade talent coming through. To be a contender, this needs to change.

Bolton for the Freo three first rounders, could be Murphy Reid, Isaac Kako and Jobe Shanahan.

A dynamic midfielder who’s smooth moving, finds the ball, uses it well and can score goals.
A freak small forward who can create goals out of nothing, his energy, high impact.
A genuine tall forward who commands the ball, has presence and is improving all the time.

Seems like a great start to our rebuild.

Maybe, maybe not, but you can always package them up for earlier picks. Say 13 and 16 for Saints 5/Hawks 6 or something. Hawks won't want to give 6 straight up for Bailey Smith, but 13 would probably do it.
The picks might start there but will slide. Could be a free agent compo and 2-3 academy & f/s picks, so they could easily end up picks 13 16 20 or something close to that. That is not enough for long contracted Bolton. That is more like his uncontracted price. They need to give us something more. I would suggest their 2025 1st rounder(expected value around pick 16) with our 2025 second rounder(ev pick 30 odd) back to them.
10 won't slide much at all, maybe 2 spots for Ashcroft and Lombard. Doubt there will be any free agency compensation picks before 18. 13 might go back 1 or 2 more spots for a Welsh or Camporeale.

Maybe, maybe not, but you can always package them up for earlier picks. Say 13 and 16 for Saints 5/Hawks 6 or something. Hawks won't want to give 6 straight up for Bailey Smith, but 13 would probably do it.

10 won't slide much at all, maybe 2 spots for Ashcroft and Lombard. Doubt there will be any free agency compensation picks before 18. 13 might go back 1 or 2 more spots for a Welsh or Camporeale.
Nobody is giving up 5/6 for 13 & 16

There are the main 7/8 players in this draft that are looking like set and 2 are F/S or Academy
Smillie, Draper , Fos , Smith , Trainor , Lalor , Ashcroft , Lombard

To put it in perspective, when you are winning premierships you are coming in with pick 18, 36, 54. The spooner has 1, 19, 37. 55, so it us like one extra good player every year. We had the run of finals from about 2013, then the premierships, and since then the gibcus pick and those we traded for hopper taranto. So one top 10 pick in over 10 years.

Bolton we got at pick 29, baker rookie, JTGI 50, Rioli was late teens?

If they do leave and we get good returns it's a pretty big advantage for us if rd1 picks come in. Most other clubs at the end of their eras just have retirements, so for us it's turning some late picks into good or excellent players and then getting the chance for first round talent. I'd be all in on moving anyone on who wants to and loading up this yesr and next year with talent. I'd even hope for some surprise offers for those who may be depth in a premiership run like a Short, or even a Hopper.or Taranto if someone wanted them, all for first rounders obviously

You don't need 18 elite players to win premierships. If we got 3 R1 picks from Freo for Bolton, we're likely adding at worse 3 solid B+ types that compliment our elite players.

yep..were no different then the other clubs that have gone through 'dynasty'..
we cop what were enduring now and slowly and methodical build up till our next charge at it.
like it or not, it's going to take years to get our list in order.
That’s very much dependent on who you bring in , if you fk up every pic and trade it’s indefinite , if you get it right much faster , we got credible resources with their hand on the wheel that have recruited class before

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back