List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Oi don’t be fkw*t
Sorry Michael Caine GIF

The picks might start there but will slide. Could be a free agent compo and 2-3 academy & f/s picks, so they could easily end up picks 13 16 20 or something close to that. That is not enough for long contracted Bolton. That is more like his uncontracted price. They need to give us something more. I would suggest their 2025 1st rounder(expected value around pick 16) with our 2025 second rounder(ev pick 30 odd) back to them.

Make us the Emperors of the next 2 drafts or FRO, Bolton stays.
Does my head in how people say a draft pick will drop further with F/s & Academy picks.Who cares we haven't got access to those players so your still getting the 13th/16th & 20th ranked player that you have access too.

Does my head in how people say a draft pick will drop further with F/s & Academy picks.Who cares we haven't got access to those players so your still getting the 13th/16th & 20th ranked player that you have access too.
But it's still a diluted draft pick. Just because there's F/S's and Academies doesn't mean the draft is deeper.

Pick 16 this year is no better than Pick 16 in any other year just because Pick 2 had a famous father.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nah, would still want something more than 20 back. Sure Reid is a generational talent but as soon as he gets off the plane Louie in a bear suit would just attack him and snap both his ACLs and give him dodgy shoulders.
He can still train in perth.

I'm starting to think Baker will chose Fremantle. Fremantle will be playing finals and looking like a stable club.

West Coast are still a while away from success, and now with getting a new coach will add uncertainty to Baker about his potential role at the club and how he'll fit in.

I'm just thinking if I was in his position I'd be heading to Freo.

I wrote about this on this thread yesterday.

It may not matter so much how many places the picks slide. It also doesn't matter where those picks started. All that matters is one solitary thing, where the picks end up. Because that is the value of the pick. So it is pointless calling a pick that starts at 10 and ends up at 15 "pick 10," because it has the value of pick 15, there are 14 higher rated players from that draft now in the AFL system. It doesn't matter at that point how many of the higher picks were not available in the open draft. All that matters to understand the true value of the pick is that it is notionally the 15th best player from that draft being selected, and there are 14 higher rated players from that draft he has to play footy against.

So Richmond FC is not going to be silly enough to value the picks according to where they start out in life. They will value the picks according to where they end up in the pecking order, and weigh the player they can draft with that pick against whatever they are giving up to get the pick.

But it's still a diluted draft pick. Just because there's F/S's and Academies doesn't mean the draft is deeper.

Pick 16 this year is no better than Pick 16 in any other year just because Pick 2 had a famous father.

And even if pick 16 this year is better than pick 16 in 2005 due to say academies creating a bigger pool of quality players, your guy taken at pick 16 still has to play his footy against 15 guys rated higher than him from that draft.

The value of a pick can only be where it ends up on draft night, it is as simple as that.

and weigh the player they can draft with that pick against whatever they are giving up to get the pick.
This is all that matters. Whether it's pick 10 to start and becomes 13 after academy picks. Richmond will know how they rate the best 10 players in the open draft that they have access to. We have a rating system for every player in the league and the draft and will determine can we get a suitable prospect with the pick. They won't care if that pick is being made as pick 10 or 13 on the night. FA compo obviously different kettle of fish but that's all sorted prior to a trade being made.

If we are making a trade for pick 10 and including Lombard and Ashcroft in the evaluation of the top 10 players then we are completely ****ed.

The pick number would only matter if we needed it to match a bid later than other teams as it's undeniably being devalued every bid that occurs before us.

I wrote about this on this thread yesterday.

It may not matter so much how many places the picks slide. It also doesn't matter where those picks started. All that matters is one solitary thing, where the picks end up. Because that is the value of the pick. So it is pointless calling a pick that starts at 10 and ends up at 15 "pick 10," because it has the value of pick 15, there are 14 higher rated players from that draft now in the AFL system. It doesn't matter at that point how many of the higher picks were not available in the open draft. All that matters to understand the true value of the pick is that it is notionally the 15th best player from that draft being selected, and there are 14 higher rated players from that draft he has to play footy against.

So Richmond FC is not going to be silly enough to value the picks according to where they start out in life. They will value the picks according to where they end up in the pecking order, and weigh the player they can draft with that pick against whatever they are giving up to get the pick.
Disagrees.
Once the academy and F/s come into it its about the player not the number.

I'm starting to think Baker will chose Fremantle. Fremantle will be playing finals and looking like a stable club.

West Coast are still a while away from success, and now with getting a new coach will add uncertainty to Baker about his potential role at the club and how he'll fit in.

I'm just thinking if I was in his position I'd be heading to Freo.
Or staying put.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back