List Mgmt. Trade & Free Agency talk Pt 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Gotta take the emotion out of it.

I cant do it myself,

Emotion Reaction GIF

SA people are pussies though. sante is our living proof

Can’t wait for Harley to request a trade to us so I can rub in your face how much of a pussy Victorians are 😉😂

And even if pick 16 this year is better than pick 16 in 2005 due to say academies creating a bigger pool of quality players, your guy taken at pick 16 still has to play his footy against 15 guys rated higher than him from that draft.

The value of a pick can only be where it ends up on draft night, it is as simple as that.
We all know that this is absolute rubbish. Apart from our first pick, with every other pick we will not be able to believe why they dropped and we had them rated as a top 10 pick. So really pick 16 isn't really pick 16.

We all know that this is absolute rubbish. Apart from our first pick, with every other pick we will not be able to believe why they dropped and we had them rated as a top 10 pick. So really pick 16 isn't really pick 16.
Never understand why they say that. Imagine saying we had this guy rated 20 but picked him at 10 for a laugh. 😂😂

How longs he been at the eagles lol. That’s what happens when you go pick 1 = bottom team.
saying we are going to be on the bottom for years to come is a cope post. probly melted hard during our dynasty

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shai Bolton has emphatically shut down rival interest, with his management making clear to Richmond list boss Blair Hartley he is going nowhere.

Fremantle did reach out to Bolton, as the Dockers also tried to poach Liam Baker, to declare they would offer an exceptional draft package for the pair.

Bolton has four more seasons on a deal that can see him earn as much as $1.3 million a year, and bounced back to form against the Dockers after several quiet weeks.

When the news of the Dockers’ interest broke, rival clubs also made clear they would join the race if he had any interest in jumping ship.

But 25-year-old Bolton signed on at the end of 2022 until 2028 aware that the club’s golden era might not last forever.

He will eventually end up back in Perth late in his career or post-career, but will back in coach Adem Yze.

Teammate Marlion Pickett is set to face court for a committal hearing in coming months, which could set a court date for his burglary accusations.

He is out injured with a calf concern but is due back in coming weeks.

Pickett will plead not guilty to those offences and with a court date likely to come a year or more into the future., is keen to play on next year.

Richmond has taken the view he is due proper process and has the presumption of innocence, so has allowed him to play on.

While the 32-year-old has been out injured in recent weeks, he has played 12 games this year and shown his versatility so will hope to push his claims in coming weeks.

The Tigers are sweating on decisions from Dustin Martin, Liam Baker and potentially Dan Rioli (who has interest from Gold Coast), with Adem Yze telling Fox Footy on Monday he wouldn’t mind if players told him mid-season they wanted out.

He is keen for certainty in the next 2-3 weeks for planning purposes.

“I don’t mind the NRL model where they come out and say they are leaving. It’s different and it might be a different view than we are used to,” he told AFL 360.

“I look at the players and the anxiety they have about making the decision during the season and carrying that, it’s too hard for them. Those discussions will unfold in the next 2-3 weeks and as it gets closer we will need to know. We have players considering their futures and they need to do that, and fair enough. But we can’t leave it until the end of the season. It’s in the next 2-3 weeks.”

Guess we can all stop the discussion about Boltons trade value if this is to be believed.

saying we are going to be on the bottom for years to come is a cope post. probly melted hard during our dynasty
I believe we will be down the bottom next few years. Just my point of view. Hence the draft and who we get super important.

It is evident that is not true simply by reading the posts on the subject in this thread. The issue is understood differently by different people.

It seems to me the way you and others understand it is that if a pick starts at 10 before father/son and academy insertions and ends at 15 after then it is really pick 10 because it is notionally the 10th best player available in the open draft.

The way some of the rest of us understand it is if the pick gets you notionally the 15th best player in the draft then it is worth pick 15 regardless of whether it jumped, slid, or Dr Hugo Agogo got to it in transit to hamper its path to pick 15. There are 14 better players from that draft into the AFL system.

What people sharing your view seem to be saying is they can't believe people don't see that as pick 10. It is like somebody saying they can't believe anybody else conceptualises things differently to them, because how they conceptualise anything is the one and only way it should be understood.

The club needs to be and will be clear on this. They will have a way of valuing picks and it is completely certain that as picks slide due to insertions the club will believe those picks have a lesser value, especially when trading players to gain picks. Liam Baker might be worth trading for pick 12 with 1 insertion relegating that pick to pick 13. But he may not be worth trading for pick 12 with 5 insertions relegating that pick to pick 17. Even if you are getting the same player. Because you just found out the industry rates 16 players better than your player rather than 12 players. Ie there are 4 more better players into the system against you than if only 1 insertion occurred. The best way to express it I think is yes you are getting the same player in either case, but you just found out he is going to be playing against better competition. So his value relative to the competition is less. Which may make you think twice about letting Liam Baker go for that pick, for example.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back