Recruiting Trade & Free Agency V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something I was reading the other day said they're more willing to let Saad go because of his personal reasons/religious reasons... actually I found it here (not where I originally read it but meh):

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-03/trade-winds-dons-blues-circle-speedy-sun

Alfred E Neuman and then this:

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-03/stringer-trade-talks-havent-stalled-says-manager

hahahaha they need to make up their bloody minds. Did it stall or not?

Pretty much the same information, but presented differently.

I don’t think Stringer knows what he wants to do, let alone his manager.

Pretty much the same information, but presented differently.

I don’t think Stringer knows what he wants to do, let alone his manager.
Shows you how much is spin. They say 'yes but no', and then different outlets pick up the 'yes' or the 'no' as if the reply was categorical.

I still think we're ahead though. I'm curious what the sell is from Geelong, other than 'leadership group'.

Shows you how much is spin. They say 'yes but no', and then different outlets pick up the 'yes' or the 'no' as if the reply was categorical.

I still think we're ahead though. I'm curious what the sell is from Geelong, other than 'leadership group'.

Their pitch would be winning and a potential premiership. It's a compelling sell.

If you trust Ricky Nixon (very hard to do), he says Connors wants him to go to Geelong and Stringer wants to go to Essendon.
That doesn't make sense. If anything, wouldn't it be the other way around considering that agents usually try to get the best deal for themselves and their players?

That doesn't make sense. If anything, wouldn't it be the other way around considering that agents usually try to get the best deal for themselves and their players?
Agents get more on extras than they do from commission on player payments.

Remember that Connors got the job done getting Dangerfield to Geelong.

Last edited:
Their pitch would be winning and a potential premiership. It's a compelling sell.
Geelong looked pretty ordinary at times this year. I think they're a good club but the best edge they have is probably their reputation, given ours is a bit soiled. As far as success, about 10 clubs could sell themselves as being at least as good as the dogs were expected to be in '16, and Richmond this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Relative anonymity.
For a guy like Jake, that’s not a lure. Deep down, it may even be a slight deterrent.

I’d say he likes Geelong for their leadership, also might be a Chris Scott fan.

He’d like Essendon because they play fast break-neck speed footy which suits Jake to a tee. When we played like that in 2015, he played his best and most electrifying footy. He’d also like you guys because of a bigger contract and I think he’d enjoy Anzac Day, Dreamtime clash and playing on the G in front of some bigger crowds than we’re used to.

I think he’ll select bombers but he may not close the door on the cats.

I’d guess Connors would like Geelong because they generally do deals quickly. Essendon generally drag their feet. (Not a criticism, Dodoro just pushing for the best possible deal) However, let’s be honest, Crameri, Ryder, Carlisle all took a while, Hibberd took a bit too. Just a bit less stressful waiting on a deal for Jake and Connors.

For a guy like Jake, that’s not a lure. Deep down, it may even be a slight deterrent.

He’d like Essendon because they play fast break-neck speed footy which suits Jake to a tee. When we played like that in 2015, he played his best and most electrifying footy. He’d also like you guys because of a bigger contract and I think he’d enjoy Anzac Day, Dreamtime clash and playing on the G in front of some bigger crowds than we’re used to.

I’d guess Connors would like Geelong because they generally do deals quickly. Essendon generally drag their feet. (Not a criticism, Dodoro just pushing for the best possible deal) However, let’s be honest, Crameri, Ryder, Carlisle all took a while, Hibberd took a bit too. Just a bit less stressful waiting on a deal for Jake and Connors.
I think in this case, Geelong would be focused on getting Smith and Ablett while offloading other players, so it might not take that quick to get a deal done.

you should write horoscopes

Concerns me with the Stringer chase.

The less targets Geelong have the harder they'll go.
Motlop out seriously helps Geelong with Stringer.
600k freed up. Plus a compo pick to add to their hand.

I do question if they'd let him in their midfield though.
We would. We like runners. even if they are burst runners.
geelong is about pressure and intensity around the ball.

If I remember those situations correctly the drag was due to the receiving clubs weren't really coming to the party on a fair deal and Adrian ended up taking unders on both Crameri and Ryder.

If I remember those situations correctly the drag was due to the receiving clubs weren't really coming to the party on a fair deal and Adrian ended up taking unders on both Crameri and Ryder.
It's sorta comical that we are hard to deal with, and two of the cases cited, especially the Ryder one, we were bent over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back