Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VI

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah, I think I misread your post. I think when it was borderline the year before it probably counted against us. The position we're in now it doesn't seem to be too much of an impediment though... long may that continue!

Personally I think it had more to do with the position the club has found itself in at the time the players became available even beyond the saga. I could be wrong but firstly in general we didnt really seem to be a club that was the type that even targeted big name players. Under Sheedys watch we were more the develop from within type with few of his "specials" thrown in for good measure. There first big name we targeted that I can recall was Judd but at this time we had just sacked Sheedy and of all the teams he met, we were the only one without a senior coach. I imagine he would have been very hesitant to sign on under those circumstances.

We went after Burgoyne but he opted for the team that had just won a flag instead.

Goddard was a free agent so no trade there but he did say Hird was essentially the one who convinced to come with the vision he had presented to him.

Then yeah we know what happened but after the way we played in 2017 and being a big club with good facilities that appeared to be on the right path I am not surprised players are wanting to come now rather than before.

This is simply as untrue as is his hard to deal with tag. I mean how much more evidence to the contrary do you need?
Yeah well last year and now this year seems to be a new way of dealing from Jackets so let’s just hope he gets this over the line. If not we won’t have A+ talent like Shiel nominate us as a destination for the next 5 years at least. That’s all I was getting at.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back