Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah I’m a little worried given Walla and the Red Dog still unsigned. Franga too but I love him more than most
Yeah I agree. Myers going will relieve a little bit maybe raz to if he leaves. Maybe moving a few of our rookies Houlahan, Ridley to the rookie list might help.

If I had to let one bloke that actually has value go it would probably be Francis. He's a good player but honestly you can find other key defenders. I'd rather keep Zerk who will in time be suitable for playing on the monster talls and would cost less in salary cap. Hurley and Ambrose will be around for a while anyway and even Hooker in the short term. Hartley is good depth.

I'd be way more cut if we lost Fantasia or Tippa. That's not really a slight on Francis in general but building a list is all about balancing resources and we seem to have a lot of resources in the key defender pot right now. Its not even the hardest position to trade in a player if required down the track.

Why would we even consider him? He's as cooked as TBC - maybe more so. There must be younger ruckmen. Even if we have to pay more.

Have heard that Ryder was in touch with Dodoro earlier in the year, might've been around April. Stated to Dodo that he intended to leave Port and return to Victoria. Contact in the industry mentioned that but they were unsure of any further context (if we were keen/could a trade get done,etc) beyond that....

Last edited:
Maybe moving a few of our rookies Houlahan, Ridley to the rookie list might help.

This will save pennies and would lose 2 good players with potential.

To increase cap space you need to move on high earners and replace with low earners.

It is tough to swallow but having one of our highest paid players barley playing a game in 2 seasons really hurts.

(Myers / Raz would clear space though)

This will save pennies and would lose 2 good players with potential.

To increase cap space you need to move on high earners and replace with low earners.

It is tough to swallow but having one of our highest paid players barley playing a game in 2 seasons really hurts.

(Myers / Raz would clear space though)
That's not a nice thing to say about Zaharakis.

So last year the Swans somehow managed to retire Kurt Tippett a year early by sending him to their rookie list and paying him out in full but only having 50% contribute towards the salary cap.

Would this have increased their ability to make a play for Daniher this year? And what is to stop them from doing the same to Buddy?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Blues posters pretty confident Martin will be theirs. Personally not too fussed either way. If he can play on a wing for us I believe that fills a need, but can he?

Reading between the lines of the last 12 months, Martin wants as, and while we would “like” Martin, he’s not a priority/it’s a bit of a “we’ll see if we can afford you”

(See once Shiel chose us that was it for Martin.)
I would imagine the only way we’d be a chance for Martin would be if Fantasia really does demand out this year.

Cameron missed 10 weeks of football this year

Fair enough, he might be worth a look then. Not sure where he'd fit if we plan on keeping Bellchambers for another year, as well as bringing in Ryder and regaining Draper at some stage. Maybe they're planning on giving Stewart the arse

He can't be that flash if Aliir was getting games int he ruck ahead of him (unless he was injured as well)
He was injured right before the MSD and that's why they took Knoll.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back