Recruiting Trade & Free Agency VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Sydney only offered him 600k a year he'd scrape in as a 2nd round compo. Anywhere up around the million a year and hes easy 1st round compo. Tom Browne is a peanut
And considering that we are paying him somewhere between $750k AND $900k a season, the reported Sydney offer if $800K-$1m wouldn't be too far outside what we would have put away for him you would think.

And considering that we are paying him somewhere between $750k AND $900k a season, the reported Sydney offer if $800K-$1m wouldn't be too far outside what we would have put away for him you would think.
Yeah there's no way Joe is anything but a 1st round compo. He's not going to Sydney for the 'lifestyle' hes going for money. Same as Tom Lynch and Buddy. Gold coast finished 17th so had pick 2 and got 3 for Lynch. Hawthorn finished 1st so had pick 18 got pick 19 for Buddy.

Cox would be on half decent coin and he rarely rucks. Would be much cheaper to get zac smith or tom nicholls as a backup.
I just can’t see why we‘d recruit him to play forward. Makes zero sense to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’d like to think we are looking at Cox as a low cost option to replace Zac Clarke?

Clarke is a better ruckman than Cox, Cox doesnt ruck a lot and when he does he doesn’t look that grear

Hypothetical of course;

Sydney out: Pick 5, Pick 25
Sydney In: Joe Daniher, 2020 second rounder

Essendon out: Joe Daniher, 2020 second rounder
Essendon in: Pick 12, Pick 18

GWS out: Pick 12, Pick 18
GWS in: Pick 5, Pick 25

Obviously rates Joe at roughly pick 3 or two mid - high first round picks but some people don't want Essendon to recieve this. Gives GWS the points/picks to match academy prospect Tom Greene bid early whilst Sydney get there man and are able to keep the likely pick 9 they recieve from the Tom Papley deal. The 2020 second rounder is the sweetener that gives Sydney points for the two high end academy kids they have coming through next year.

I dunno, was just playing around with the picks etc after Pure_Ownage suggested the Giants would want an early pick for a likely Green bid. Perhaps pick 9 instead of pick 12 coming to us but it was something to think about and a very real possibility.
out: Daniher, 2020 second rounder
in: Melksham, Laverde

Yeah nah

How about we take this Cox news for what it is. A complete media beatup.

No trades getting done has them clutching at straws for news.

It was probably us just gauging what he would cost on the off chance we could get him super cheap. Collingwood probably want a 2nd and we probably said no thanks.

Everyone relax

If we’re going for a stop-gap forward/ruck, then Jenkins is the most logical option.

Will cost nothing and can actually play alongside McKernan as a viable forward.

Cox will have a couple of blinders and mope around for the rest of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back