TRADE: Fremantle's Robert Warnock and pick 69 to Carlton for picks 24, 56 and 72.

Remove this Banner Ad

FREO ARE A JOKE!!!

Don't worry about pick 72 because we probably would have passed anyway.

All we gave up extra was pick 56 to 69 which is a lottery at that end.

Freo had a chance to gain some respect with one trade and they blew it.

GO YOU BLUE BOYS
Are you 12 years old?

Seriously, all week we have been hearing that pick 24 was 'fair and reasonable'. We get more than that and we are the joke?

Ha Carlolton. Picked up a beanpole dud who couldn't even get into our 22 and was picked at pick 42 initially. Congratulations! Can't wait to see pick 24 rip you a new one next year. :D

Here they come :rolleyes:

Was only a matter of time before a post like this surfaced. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Time will tell mate.

And it was YOUR club that rated him so highly and were so dissapointed when he wanted to come to Melbourne.

P.S In the end i think both teams will benefit from the trade. Very fair trade in my opinion no winners or losers yet.

People bagging us for getting Warnock...then if we hadn't have got him we'd be out of contention for 4 years until hampson and Kreuzer were ready.

Seems the usual Bigfooty stamp has ruckmen having to have proved themselves by the time they're 20. :eek:

Who cares that ruckmen peak from 27-30.

So, getting a 20 year old ruckman, puts you into contention, instead of waiting the 4 years for your 19 year old ruckman to be 23 years old? Then, you finish it all off by saying ruckman don't peak until 27. So, how does a 20 year old ruckman who won't peak for 7 years put you in immediate contention? You must have really sucked hard on that bong, bad boy.

I understand the message you are trying to put across, however, your delivery is very poor.

So, getting a 20 year old ruckman, puts you into contention, instead of waiting the 4 years for your 19 year old ruckman to be 23 years old? Then, you finish it all off by saying ruckman don't peak until 27. So, how does a 20 year old ruckman who won't peak for 7 years put you in immediate contention? You must have really sucked hard on that bong, bad boy.

I understand the message you are trying to put across, however, your delivery is very poor.
I don't think you understand at all...Hampson is very raw...we don't want Kreuzer to be battered like Josh Fraser. Warnock and kreuzer can share the time in the ruck.

Who ever said it put us in immediate contention? Stop making things up.

We are still a while from contending based on our lack of depth and lack of goal kicking options as well as inexperience.

Our backline is very good...contrary to the usual BF tripe (OH CARLTON HAVE A SHIT BACKLINE REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT.)

Has anyone seen this guy play, congrat Freo on a win. Maybe Carlton think hes going to develop or maybe he been laying down for Freo. Remember he couldn't even get a game until he put on a tantie.

Congrats again Freo you deserve a bit of luck.

The big winner in this shambles is WARNOCK. He's getting paid far more than he deserves as the "hype" created through the media and by Carlton/Melbourne means he'll be grinning ear to ear.

BTW: Is there any chance that Fremantle and the like have been talking up Warnock just so it can get its hands on those couple of extra draft picks/upgrades. For a club that has had so many retirees/delistings and knew of this well before the season was over, this all could have just been a clever little plan to milk warnock for everything he was worth.
Maybe this would be giving more credit to Freo than its worth but if it is the case, great work because they got that little bit extra out of Carlton which is important to them.

I don't think you understand at all...Hampson is very raw...we don't want Kreuzer to be battered like Josh Fraser. Warnock and kreuzer can share the time in the ruck.

Who ever said it put us in immediate contention? Stop making things up.

We are still a while from contending based on our lack of depth and lack of goal kicking options as well as inexperience.

Our backline is very good...contrary to the usual BF tripe (OH CARLTON HAVE A SHIT BACKLINE REPEAT REPEAT REPEAT.)

Like I said, I understand and agree with your message, your delivery of it was very poor. You used a lot of points that cancelled each other out. It is not to do with the player's ages that you will/won't be contenders in the short/long term future. You kept carrying on about age, when in reality, it has absolutely nothing to do with age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We were dammed if we did and if we didn't.

Plenty of picks in a deep draft. I'm happy.

That is the unfortunate truth(unless you did get pick 6), you were always going to get bagged no matter what happened.

In the best interest for your club, you got the best deal possible.

It is a deep draft and the last draft this deep was 2001, Steve Johnson was picked up at pick 24, so who knows you could be that lucky.

BTW: Is there any chance that Fremantle and the like have been talking up Warnock just so it can get its hands on those couple of extra draft picks/upgrades. For a club that has had so many retirees/delistings and knew of this well before the season was over, this all could have just been a clever little plan to milk warnock for everything he was worth.
Maybe this would be giving more credit to Freo than its worth but if it is the case, great work because they got that little bit extra out of Carlton which is important to them.
Welcome to trade negotiations.

What are you talking about?

They had PICK 69 in the draft, they upgraded it to pick 56.

A 13 place increase in the lottery section of the draft, nothing more, nothing less.

Stop trying to make it look better than it is, you're a West Coast supporter after all ;)
I was prefering to look at it as being a 3 pick downgrade in the lottery section and picks 24 and 56. So, pretty much just simplifying it to 24 and 56.

All I was saying is that for Freo, 24 and 56 is a lot better than just 24 as that 56 selection will be much better than the 133 selection they would have had to use otherwise!

Not saying anyone won or lost, but as a neutral looking at the picks Fremantle will be using now compared to before, they certainly improved on the initial 24 pick offer from their perspective.

Just say they decide to make 10 selections.

Before it would have been:
3, 21, 37, 53, 69, 85, 101, 117, 133, 149

Now it would be:
3, 21, 24, 37, 53, 56, 72, 85, 101, 117

gooooooooooooood.
we got harvey and are a chance for picking up o'keefe for nothing in the PSD, you wish you went for the blues.

No chance on the Okeefe side of it,

What ever dollers you throw at him he has to get past alot of clubs 1 been us.

If he dosnt want to play with melbourne then he will be at sydney next year.

Highly doubt WC,Freo or port would pass him up.

Remove this Banner Ad

TRADE: Fremantle's Robert Warnock and pick 69 to Carlton for picks 24, 56 and 72.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back