Trade Hypotheticals 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

All you guys saying Longer hasn't shown much need to open your eyes a little more, his a ruck who has only been in the system for 2 years, big guys take time. Wait till his 24 and tearing the middle apart, his going to be good. Hawthorn's first pick and Savage, begins and ends there as far as Hawthorn goes. If not i'm sure Richmond will look at him with there first rounder.

All you guys saying Longer hasn't shown much need to open your eyes a little more, his a ruck who has only been in the system for 2 years, big guys take time. Wait till his 24 and tearing the middle apart, his going to be good. Hawthorn's first pick and Savage, begins and ends there as far as Hawthorn goes. If not i'm sure Richmond will look at him with there first rounder.
He will price himself out of there reach.

Longer will turn out similar to how Leunburger turned out I reckon. Will take him a few years to get going, but when he's going he'll be a premium ruckman.

Doc to Carlton
Kane Lucas to Melbourne
Pick 7 and Polks to Melbourne
Pick 2 to Brisbane

overall
Melbourne gain Polks, Lucas and Pick 7 lose Pick 2
Carlton gain Doc lose Lucas
Brisbane gain pick 2 lose Doc and pick 7

obviously need more to Carlton (what is Lucas worth?) and perhaps Melbourne needs more, could possibly do the same with the hawks i.e. savage to Melbourne and Patty K steak knives etc.

Gday guys ......
my mail is strong Billy is locked to us ..........all BS aside how do most of you rate him.....and what will have most of you happy in the return trade wise ....mail is our first rdr and a fringe player .

I think a first rounder and one of Hallahan/Savage would be about right.

Former pick 8 with 2 years of development in him. Showed some positive signs in his first year. With a big pre season I could see him being your #1 ruck. Really needs to work on his forward game unless he is going to just tough it out in the ruck like Goldstein does.

Whilst Savage is not best 22 at your club due to Hill overtaking him and Suckling returning next year, he would probably be in ours if the club starts playing Hanley as an inside midfielder like they have suggested. Savage and Mayes on the wing could become quite a good combination.

He will price himself out of there reach.

You'll have to put up your first pick and Savage or similar to get it done.

On this trade whats the go if another club offers us a better deal for Longer, can we deal with them even though Longer doesn't want to go to that club or are we stuck with the club him nominates, seems like a restriction of trade to me if the latter is true.

You'll have to put up your first pick and Savage or similar to get it done.

On this trade whats the go if another club offers us a better deal for Longer, can we deal with them even though Longer doesn't want to go to that club or are we stuck with the club him nominates, seems like a restriction of trade to me if the latter is true.
Longer has to agree to the trade

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trade Scenario:
Elliot Yeo + Todd Banfield = Will Schofield + Pick 60 (West Coast)

Sam Docherty + Aaron Cornelius + Pick 60 (West Coast) = Pick 14 (Carlton)

Billy Longer + James Polkinghorne + Pick 43 (Brisbane) = Pick 17 (Hawthorn) + Pick 20 (Buddy Compensation)

Pick 7 + Pick 20 (Hawthorn) = Robbie Tarrant + Pick 8

Pick 20 = Max Gawn + Pick 38 (Melbourne)

Jared Polec + Pick 25 (Brisbane) = Pick 13 (Port Adelaide)

Patrick Karnezis = Pick 46 (Collingwood)

Pick 38 (Melbourne) = Jason Johannisen

Summary:
In’s:
Pick 8: Kade Kolodjashnij or Marcus Bontempelli
Pick 13: Billy Hartung or Nathan Freeman
Pick 14: Matt Crouch
Pick 46: Justin Clarke (Elevated Rookie)
Will Schofield
Robbie Tarrant
Jason Johannisen
Max Gawn

Outs:
1). Jared Polec
2). Aaron Cornelius
3). Patrick Karnezis
4). Elliot Yeo
5). Todd Banfield
6). Sam Docherty
7). Billy Longer
8). James Polkinghorne

List Management Neeeds
Key Forward
Currency: Pick 17, Pick 20
Target: Robbie Tarrant(Height: 196cm, Weight: 97kg)

Key Defender
Age bracket: 22-25
Currency: Yeo, Benfield
Targets: Will Schofield (Height: 196cm, Weight: 91kg)

Outside Midfielder
Age bracket: 18-25
Currency: Pick 8, Pick 13
Targets: Billy Hartung or Nathan Freeman

Ruckmen
Age bracket: 18-24
Targets: Max Gawn(Height: 207cm, Weight: 97kg)

Inside Midfielder
Age bracket: 18-22
Currency: Pick 14
Target: Matt Crouch (Height: 182cm, Weight: 81kg)

Small Defender
Age bracket: 18-22
Target: Jason Johannisen (Height: 178cm, Weight: 81kg)

Medium Defender
Age bracket: 18-25
Currency: Pick 8, Pick 13
Targets: Kade Kolodjashnij or Marcus Bontempelli

Hawthorn's first rd pick is likely to be no.20- Longer and Savage is a ripper deal for the Hawks, considering the Saints gave up pick 12 for Hickey, McIntosh got a mid 30's pick. Thomas will draw a 1st rd pick, Franklin possibly 2, Dal Santo 1, Hawks will do this deal!

There is absolutely zero chance of getting schofield,
Need to keep in mind that glass's retirement is imminent as is waters.( next year glass, waters next injury).
Schofield is an A grader that the eagles would never give up

Longer has to agree to the trade
I doubt he would take the risk of the PSD... He could end up anywhere... He is definitely our biggest bargaining chip. Like others here I believe Savage and their first rounder would be a good outcome for us

if Collingwood pick up a delisted free agent will it affect there compensation regarding Thomas? does that mean it's in there best interest to deal with us regarding PK? i.e. band drops from 1 to 3?

DFA won't be an option. PK only gets to us via a trade or the PSD.

Considering we haven't had a PSD pick since Chris Bryan in 06 I'd be very surprised if we attempted to nab him that way. Therefore you're highly likely to receive compensation.

If a player is selected in PSD and then doesn't agree to play for that team, do they just sit out the season?

DFA won't be an option. PK only gets to us via a trade or the PSD.

Considering we haven't had a PSD pick since Chris Bryan in 06 I'd be very surprised if we attempted to nab him that way. Therefore you're highly likely to receive compensation.

was just reading up on definitions of FA and it seems that the manner in which a delisting occurs does count towards there status i.e. a self delisted player is not considered free agent however a club delisted player is. Doesn't mean well go down this path BTW just wondering whether or not it affects your end of thing and whether it will be considered in the due process. Either way if you get a higher pick (band 1)you are more likely to be less attached to the others right? hint hint ;)

was just reading up on definitions of FA and it seems that the manner in which a delisting occurs does count towards there status i.e. a self delisted player is not considered free agent however a club delisted player is. Doesn't mean well go down this path BTW just wondering whether or not it affects your end of thing and whether it will be considered in the due process. Either way if you get a higher pick (band 1)you are more likely to be less attached to the others right? hint hint ;)

Correct.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Hypotheticals 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back