Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Angus Brayshaw is the early tip for pick 2. If Brayshaw shows the type of output Tom Mitchell has over his 1st 3 years you'd be very happy. Not forgetting the Swans have the best and deepest midfield in the comp while finishing premiers, PFist and now premiership favourites.

Draft picks are overrated. Tom Mitchell is known AFL commodity and still very young. He'll cost plenty to lure him and he's not going in the PSD of any year. Every team in the comp would love this kid and would pay quite heavily for him.

Yeah Guthrie seems a bit of a stretch. Hunt defensive tagger suits Roos style. But Im sure a deal will be done.

Hunt might go to Melbourne but not for pick 2. That's insane.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't pay a first rounder for a player who will be 30 next year, as good as Minson is. What sort of players would Dogs need/what sort of value would they put on Minson?

I do think we'll target an experienced ruck, we are pobably a good chance to lose ether McIntosh or Simpson to injury retirement and our ruck stocks are way too thin, but I'm not seeing heaps of options. Ryder will only go North, I know we targeted Clarke very heavily before he re-signed last year but he's not an option now. The best available is probably Giles if he doesn't go back to SA.
You may have to pay overs for a decent option.
Look I doubt Big Will will get traded but I would suggest to get quality you have to give quality.
Will still has 5 years of footy in his body, very durable (unlike H-Mac). It would have to be either a good trade or else your first rounder, there is no way your second rounder does it.

Look I doubt Big Will will get traded but I would suggest to get quality you have to give quality.
Will still has 5 years of footy in his body, very durable (unlike H-Mac). It would have to be either a good trade or else your first rounder, there is no way your second rounder does it.

Was Minson not dropped the other week?

So Melbourne won't do what's best for Melbourne. And how will AFL sign off on 2 for Hunt.

You guys are fixated with the AFL helping .... the AFL is not a charity.

Cats will make Demons an offer - simple. If Demons dont take it FINE. Cats already have Frawley for free ... now they are playing the game - as they should.

Last edited:

Lake at about the same age, who arguably had a better career to that point, was #41 and a +6 (and the Dogs ended up doing fairly well with those picks). There is no way you are getting a first rounder for Minson, from us or anyone.

You guys are fixated with the AFL helping .... the AFL is not a charity.

Cats will make Demons an offer - simple. If Demons dont take it FINE. Cats already have Frawley for free ... now they are playing the game - as they should.
Its not about helping Melbourne its about trading pick 2 for Hunt. AFL won't sign off on it. I would rather band 2 compo than Hunt.

Its not about helping Melbourne its about trading pick 2 for Hunt. AFL won't sign off on it. I would rather band 2 compo than Hunt.

What I think you DONT understand is .... now the nicest way to put this is .... you are not the most desirable location. Players dont overly like playing in front of 15,000 that boo they off the ground.

Mate what you want and then convincing the player to go is very difficult. Its not your call ... the player has to agree.

The AFL dont intervene if both sides agree. YOU dont have to agree to Cats offers. You might want a Guthrie but if he refuses to leave a successful club thats your problem.

Lake at about the same age, who arguably had a better career to that point, was #41 and a +6 (and the Dogs ended up doing fairly well with those picks). There is no way you are getting a first rounder for Minson, from us or anyone.

Minson and our 2nd (25ish) for your 1st rounder and a fringe player with potential is the type of deal the Dogs would push for if they would trade him. That scenario is similar to the Lake one.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back