Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair enough, was only asking. I dare say if he doesn't get game time next year there will be a lot of clubs asking though. Not sure how cordy helps your 'talls' issue. I know he is tall, but he aint a CHF!
I'm pretty sure he's out of contract next year, so that might be a possibility if he doesn't kick on.
He's a good option deep in the forward line. If he doesn't mark it, he's probably our smartest tall player down there, so he'll get it to a good spot.
Just needs to get those arms in the air to stick some marks. His shoulders have killed him in that regard.

I'm pretty sure he's out of contract next year, so that might be a possibility if he doesn't kick on.
He's a good option deep in the forward line. If he doesn't mark it, he's probably our smartest tall player down there, so he'll get it to a good spot.
Just needs to get those arms in the air to stick some marks. His shoulders have killed him in that regard.

Injuries have dead set belted him, the one thing no fan likes is injuries cruelling players. If they are not good enough so be it, but if it injuries, you always feel sad, regardless of whether it is your team or another. I'd be interested in Cordy as he can ruck but he can also drift forward which I like in a ruck.

Love to get some independent or other vested party feedback on a though I've been mulling.

I'm somewhat aware that in terms of on-field contribution it is weighted towards my mob, but perhaps it is evened out by some admittedly assumed other factors.

Would you as Sydney trade both Tom Mitchell & Sam Reid to the Dee's for pick 2 (or 3 depending on compo). I'm sure if you felt it needed you could work in some other picks to even it out but I would be pushing it through as is.

So the pros for Melbourne are obvious (at least to me), two seasoned best 18 players with scope for future improvement and addressing two area's of need, midfield and presumably replacing Frawley on the list.

For my way of thinking it has some real positives for Sydney as well.
The two biggest ones are access to elite talent at the pointy end of a draft for the first time in a while.
And presumably some serious cap relief for next year and at least 2-3 years into the future, IIRC both these lads were signed up to sizable long term contracts a couple of years back.
The offshoot of that is retaining Malceski whilst they are hunting for flags over the next few years plus any other players coming off contract that are important to their immediate premiership aspirations.
TBH neither of these two blokes have contributed a great deal to this years premiership campaign, despite their undoubted ability to do just that.

*Disclaimer*
In no way am I suggesting these two are on the move, though I have heard it brought up elsewhere. I am just thinking if I were the Dees I would be putting this up for discussion with my Sydney counterparts.

Sam Reid + Tom Mitchell for Melbourne's Pick 2.

Melbourne get 2 quality players who are roughly worth picks around 10-20 and still have their compo Pick 3. Reid, Mitchell and Brayshaw and Stretch is a very good start to a list turnover.

Sydney get Reid + Mitchell's contracts out of their books and draft Peter Wright with Pick 2 who could be a star forward, ruck or both. Wright and Heeney not bad (geez:eek:) for the maybe Premiers.

In reply to SpiderPig above, you are not alone. I posted the quoted a week ago.

To me i think it is a win-win deal.

Reid and Mitchell for pick two.

On the flip side:
Reid is part of our KPD depth and would be a bad, bad idea to get rid of him in this situation. Asides from Tippett, Buddy and Goode's we have Membrey and Nankervis. In our KPD we have Reg, Ted and then Walsh, Allir Allir and X. Richards.

Trading Reid would be horrible for us.

Mitchell is a different kettle of fish. With our midfield depth, both on list and coming in next few crafts hard calls need to be made.

In short we would probably say no to trading number two for Mitchell and Reid largely due to lack of KPP depth in the 21-24yr age bracket.

3 Way Deal

Adelaide Get - 2, 13 & Toumpas

Adelaide Give - 9 & Dangerfield

Melbourne Get - 3* , 9 , 33 + Hunt**

Melbourne Give - 2 & Toumpas

Geelong Get - Dangerfield

Geelong Give - 13, 33, + Hunt** + pay Frawley enough to ensure Demons get upgrade from Band 2 pick to Band 1

-----------------
* Frawley Compo
** Negotiable

Net effect for Demons for pick 2 they get Brayshaw , Stretch , Hunt + Pick 9 which is a crack at Mitchell

Net effect For Adelaide Petracca , Pick 13 & Toumpas

Net effect for Geelong Frawley & Dangerfield

Hrm, this makes me cringe for all clubs involved. Which probably makes it fair.
If I was Melbourne my sticking point would be Hunt. He isn't worth squat.

It would need to be genuine talent that Geelong may not be prepared to part with Ala Guthrie, Horlin-Smith, Thurlow.

It would need to be genuine talent that Geelong may not be prepared to part with Ala Guthrie, Horlin-Smith, Thurlow.
No it's not... We get bent over!

Toump and P2 for 9, 33 and Hunt? heck that!

Love to get some independent or other vested party feedback on a though I've been mulling.

I'm somewhat aware that in terms of on-field contribution it is weighted towards my mob, but perhaps it is evened out by some admittedly assumed other factors.

Would you as Sydney trade both Tom Mitchell & Sam Reid to the Dee's for pick 2 (or 3 depending on compo). I'm sure if you felt it needed you could work in some other picks to even it out but I would be pushing it through as is.

So the pros for Melbourne are obvious (at least to me), two seasoned best 18 players with scope for future improvement and addressing two area's of need, midfield and presumably replacing Frawley on the list.

For my way of thinking it has some real positives for Sydney as well.
The two biggest ones are access to elite talent at the pointy end of a draft for the first time in a while.
And presumably some serious cap relief for next year and at least 2-3 years into the future, IIRC both these lads were signed up to sizable long term contracts a couple of years back.
The offshoot of that is retaining Malceski whilst they are hunting for flags over the next few years plus any other players coming off contract that are important to their immediate premiership aspirations.
TBH neither of these two blokes have contributed a great deal to this years premiership campaign, despite their undoubted ability to do just that.

*Disclaimer*
In no way am I suggesting these two are on the move, though I have heard it brought up elsewhere. I am just thinking if I were the Dees I would be putting this up for discussion with my Sydney counterparts.

Keep picks 2 and 3. Use your second round pick on Reid. Getting Brayshaw,Wright, Reid and Stretch for the draft and trading.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm sure Geelong and Demons will negotiate. ;)

If you lose him next year to FA, you may only get a compo pick around where adel finish. Pick 9 or 10 where ever. Prefer he stays at Adel. as hate to see him go to a top 4 club.

Minson for a 1st?

And a guy who seemingly wants out of the kennel.

Seems a bit rich.

A good 2nd rd pick maybe but I reckon a Rd1 is high.

And its not like he is 25.

Go Catters
A high first rounder is too high, but your first rounder seems fair.
You are desperate for ruck stocks, particularly a good one.
As we aren't in the window yet, good young players are our requirement as well as kpps

Been thinking, not my team, but Geelong need a ruck, mid & fwd. If they can get Frawley it frees up Taylor to play CHF, then try and get Ryder for free, play him and Blicavs in the ruck, resting as 3rd tall fwd. Then either trade for Dangerfield this year or get him for nothing next year. Would certainly help, their list and probably force the window open again for another 3 years or so. Would be scary if they could pull them all off, Frawley looks a decent chance, Ryder has to activate the "clause" & choose Geelong and Danger has to probably walk as a free agent, but hey, you never know. Bet Cats fans would be salivating at this prospect!

A high first rounder is too high, but your first rounder seems fair.
You are desperate for ruck stocks, particularly a good one.
As we aren't in the window yet, good young players are our requirement as well as kpps

Can't pay a first rounder for a player who will be 30 next year, as good as Minson is. What sort of players would Dogs need/what sort of value would they put on Minson?

I do think we'll target an experienced ruck, we are pobably a good chance to lose ether McIntosh or Simpson to injury retirement and our ruck stocks are way too thin, but I'm not seeing heaps of options. Ryder will only go North, I know we targeted Clarke very heavily before he re-signed last year but he's not an option now. The best available is probably Giles if he doesn't go back to SA.

Would be a very awkward threat. :p
Trade me or I'll sit through finals, next year and the next year after that, and then I'll walk to whoever happens to be on the bottom of the ladder at the time. Don't call my bluff, I'll do it!

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade hypotheticals

Remove this Banner Ad

Back