Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lalor will end up the best mid of the draft, more upside than the current first 2 prospects in Smillie and FOS, but because he isn't there yet he drifts down the order a bit. The team with Pick 2-5 that nabs him will get a steal.

I wouldn't mind back trading to pick 2 or 3 and taking Lalor + whatever else we get for the other pick, even if that's into the 2025 draft.
so if you were the list manager would you take Lalor at pick 1 as he will be the best mid in the draft?

You really don't like Taranto do you?

I think Taranto calling a meeting is inappropriate and foolish.

Best talking is on the footy field, politics always interferes with our ability to win premierships.

If I was a player I would not attend because the meeting is inappropriate even if I was staying. If anything it encourages players to leave because i think the likes of Taranto are getting a little crazy

it looks like Taranto wants a security blanket. He is playing among his peers, we all want to win a premiership, he has support, what more does he want??? If he cannot wait 2-4 years what gives? If a player leaves it increases our chance of getting another player back in that could be more suitable. Control is not a success mechanism. There are always ins and outs, there is always change every year, teams always evolve and when they evolve for the better it helps win premierships. We need to evolve, if a player leaves helps that I am all for it and if the player wants to leave it is a signal it is helping the player leaving as well as the destination club and departure club because every ship does not come home to port at the same time and has a different journey. Taranto needs to comprehend he cannot change the weather and sea waves, ups and downs are a part of it and he has to learn to ride the waves otherwise he might drown because if he does not he can get the chance of taste premiership glory!!

If the RFC footy club came out and said we are no longer interested in winning premierships then a meeting should be called because alarm bells would be sounded as to what the f... is going on???

Last edited:
so if you were the list manager would you take Lalor at pick 1 as he will be the best mid in the draft?
He's not the safe pick so not with Pick 1, I would trade back slightly to get him.

There's a risk ratio to pick 1, and his performances currently wouldn't warrant it, despite thinking he will ultimately end up the best.

I think it would come down to risk vs reward. I think what the poster is saying is Smillie and FOS are a safe bet. Lalor while currently not in number 1 pick calculations like Smillie or FOS, he has the upside to pass them.

Most recruiters tend to go with the "safe bet" with the number 1 pick. Seeing that Smillie or FOS are not a major standout number 1 pick like Ried last year, I honestly wouldn't have a problem if we traded something like our number 1 pick and a second round pick for WC pick 3 (or North if they end up with pick 3) and their next years first.

Last edited:
100%, its almost negligent of the club not to identify this. Or maybe behind the scenes they have, we dont leak much nowadays.
Only way it gets done is if Rioli goes to GC for their #8 +#9 with Richmond giving picks in Rioli's pocket to take with him as well as paying some of his salary
We then trade Baker +#9 to Eagles for their #3

Out : Baker , Rioli , #39 , #41
In : FOS , Lalor , Trainor then we get KPF with #21

2x top mids
1 x KPD / Intercept
1 x KPF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reckon club will see the hand/decision for Bakes, and that will affect how they handle Rioli. Either way, this looks like a mutually beneficial Deledio like trade.

Only way it gets done is if Rioli goes to GC for their #8 +#9 with Richmond giving picks in Rioli's pocket to take with him as well as paying some of his salary

2x top mids
1 x KPD / Intercept
1 x KPF
Personally this just seems too good be to true.

FOS, Lalor, Reid, Faull, Kako, Nicholas Rookie: Garner, El Nour

8wk06d.jpg

Best talking is on the footy field, politics always interferes with our ability to win premierships.

If I was a player I would not attend because the meeting is inappropriate even if I was staying. If anything it encourages players to leave because i think the likes of Taranto are getting a little crazy

it looks like Taranto wants a security blanket. He is playing among his peers, we all want to win a premiership, he has support, what more does he want??? If he cannot wait 2-4 years what gives? If a player leaves it increases our chance of getting another player back in that could be more suitable. Control is not a success mechanism. There are always ins and outs, there is always change every year, teams always evolve and when they evolve for the better it helps win premierships. We need to evolve, if a player leaves helps that I am all for it and if the player wants to leave it is a signal it is helping the player leaving as well as the destination club and departure club because every ship does not come home to port at the same time and has a different journey. Taranto needs to comprehend he cannot change the weather and sea waves, ups and downs are a part of it and he has to learn to ride the waves otherwise he might drown because if he does not he can get the chance of taste premiership glory!!

If the RFC footy club came out and said we are no longer interested in winning premierships then a meeting should be called because alarm bells would be sounded as to what the f... is going on???
Gosh, I normally read your posts even though I usually think you have lost the plot. This one is bordering on insane. Not even I can just scroll on without letting you know you should seek some form of help.

It turns out Taranto didn’t call a meeting at all. He called for solidarity of the playing group.

Get a grip magic.

2x top mids
1 x KPD / Intercept
1 x KPF
Tommy Boy Baby GIF by Paramount Network

We Are Back Season 1 GIF by BET Plus

airplane GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back