Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we get both then it will just be us nuffies debating it. 🤔
There is a unbelievable amount of talk on we will.get 2 gun mids both here and equally on pre,can u spell.out how the he'll.could smillie and lalor possibly come to Richmond.

At least it might give us a 😃 laugh

There is a unbelievable amount of talk on we will.get 2 gun mids both here and equally on pre,can u spell.out how the he'll.could smillie and lalor possibly come to Richmond.

I'd say no chance. Was just a throw away comment 😂

We trade Rioli to GC for #8 + #9
West Coast trade #3 for Baker + #9

Richmond have #1 , #2 , #8
FOS , Lalor , Trainor

We trade Rioli to GC for #8 + #9
West Coast trade #3 for Baker + #9

Richmond have #1 , #2 , #8
FOS , Lalor , Trainor
This would be viable but GC would also need back out later picks for points to get their academy pick.

You mean 1, 3 and 8?

This is what we should be aiming for. Even if we have to give up a few later picks to satisfy the other parties.
if we had that probably would go Trainor with 3. I think Lalor you could get with 8, not that I know what others are thinking.

still a lot of water to go under the bridge yet

How much can the Blues offer? I was under the impression they were struggling juggling the cap to keep their own players let alone offer a large lucrative contract for a free agent.

some clubs will be trading cap space for draft picks for sure. We should if we can cause there will be plenty of other clubs chasing premierships in 2025.

Tim Taranto needs to show a bit of patience and belief, the draft is the source of how we can surge going forward and a little bit of our list needs to be turned over to capitalise on our youthful resurgence he can help lead towards our next premiership. Doing the same thing without change and nothing changes for a result is the definition of insanity. If he thinks we are going to achieve anything without new talent he is crazy

Last edited:
If we have a three picks in the top 10 my ideal result would be O'Sullivan, Lalor & Reid....though I'd use the third pick on the best kpf instead of Reid if our next pick after that isn't until second round...

If only he was 5cm taller

194 seems short these days for a FF/CHF
unless he has that mongrol in him like Treacy
Shanahan has probably grown a couple of cms, but regardless of that it’s no big deal imo, he has great vertical leap, and really clunks them. And usually it to translates to better ground level prayers.

Plenty of modern day kpfs have been around his height
Curnow, Hogan, Riewoldt, Josh Kennedy etc..

The way I see it unfolding at seasons end is we'll have the following picks*:

Round 1: pick 1

Pick between 12-23 if Baker heads back to WA (best Fremantle R1 or WCE R2 pick & 2025 R2 pick)

Round 2: pick 21 & 36

We'll then look to trade the following picks: 39, 40, 54, 57, 66, 69 for 2 more picks inside the 2 rounds.

That would give us up to 3 R1 picks & a minimum of 3 R2 picks.

That allows us to get a group of young talent in without completely destroying the list and we should get back the ability to be competitive in 2025 with a solid experienced foundation to build a side around.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The way I see it unfolding at seasons end is we'll have the following picks*:

Round 1: pick 1

Pick between 12-23 if Baker heads back to WA (best Fremantle R1 or WCE R2 pick & 2025 R2 pick)

Round 2: pick 21 & 36

We'll then look to trade the following picks: 39, 40, 54, 57, 66, 69 for 2 more picks inside the 2 rounds.

That would give us up to 3 R1 picks & a minimum of 3 R2 picks.

That allows us to get a group of young talent in without completely destroying the list and we should get back the ability to be competitive in 2025 with a solid experienced foundation to build a side around.

I am not sure what Tim Taranto is thinking?

There is no way RFC is incentivised to destroy our list because there is only so much talent we can draft in one year and we can trade cap space for draft picks as well.

We can't have a heap of new draft picks fighting over each other for a game like they may have had at GWS either

I am not sure what Tim Taranto is thinking?

There is no way RFC is incentivised to destroy our list because there is only so much talent we can draft in one year and we can trade cap space for draft picks as well.

We can't have a heap of new draft picks fighting over each other for a game like they may have had at GWS either
You do realise Tim Taranto isn't the list manager? :$

Josh Smillie and Finn O'Sullivan are still considered the most likely candidates for the No.1 pick, but the likes of Luke Trainor, Sam Lalor, Murphy Reid, Jagga Smith, Sid Draper, Bo Allan and Taj Hotton are also viewed as the top-10 contenders as well as Brisbane father-son Levi Ashcroft and Gold Coast Academy's Leo Lombard.

Tall prospects Jack and Matt Whitlock, Jobe Shanahan, Alixzander Tauru, Noah Mraz and Harry Armstrong are all also seen as potential later first-round selections. – Callum Twomey

he is not a RCD because he moves better and is far more inside, he is also taller meaning he could handle a high CHF or leading type, and taller with a bit of bulk about him and not afraid to throw his weight around a little in the contest

The fact is until we get these new talents in it is hard for RFC to rise up and challenge so we need to make hay while the sun shines for a for years before we develop and explode upwards, he takes shorter steps than RCD making him more nimble, lol.

He is actually a safe pick because you could find a role somewhere for him, the thing is he may not be a superstar but he is highly unlikely to challenge the likes of Reid. He simply does not have the x-factor of Reid, obviously lacks a jump of significance, probably not near as quick and the brilliance and power of Reid

He looks a bit like Josh Weddle except more experienced in the guts, taller and maybe more poise. No player is the same but he has interesting traits. He is not Green, not Fyfe, not Bont, not Cripps but has his own traits which make him a interesting fit. He has a bit of JHF about him, in the way he moves, without the explosion and probably less groundball being taller.

If we got him. one else would have him because guys like these do not grow on trees and are fairly unique

If we believe Smillie is a ‘safe’ pick then we definitely should swap it for 2 x high picks. I’m not interested in ‘safe’ at pick #1. Andrew McGrath was a ‘safe’ number 1. Bruce Gibbs was a ‘safe’ #1. Neither of them hand any outstanding attributes, whether it be speed, power, marking ability, skill etc… and history says they were just good to very good players. You can get ‘good’ at pick 7, 12 or 40.

If we are not pretty certain Smillie or JOS are going to be absolutely elite, swap the pick.

If we are confident one of those two will be elite or excellent players, then keep it.

It’s as simple as that for me. Whilst there are no guarantees with any pick, I don’t want us to play it safe and take Smillie at #1 if we knew all along he was just a ‘safe’ pick who had nothing absolutely elite in his kit bag.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back