Trade period / National Draft 2024

Which out of contract player should we trade?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't care how we do it but in 2 years time I want Jagga shovelling it out to Draper/FOS and McAuliffe in the guts on the reg. Even if we have to be seen tooverpay somewhat, we need to be aggressive in trade/draft period this year.
As long as it doesn't stop them passing to Armstrong

secret smell GIF

Anyone know much about Archie Ludowyke for the 2025 draft? He seems pretty good from few bits i've seen, would it be worth missing out on him to trade into this draft?

I don't care how we do it but in 2 years time I want Jagga shovelling it out to Draper/FOS and McAuliffe in the guts on the reg. Even if we have to be seen tooverpay somewhat, we need to be aggressive in trade/draft period this year.
Maculiffe, Taranto, Hopper, and Ross can shovel, a line breaker like Draper would be nice. No chance to get both, they are picks 1, 2, or 3 you'd think.

I'm loving the look of Jagga. He seems like the type that will just get leather poisoning and make th eplayer around him better. The key thing is to get high quality around him.

I'm thinking that if we have a number of good picks and the draft is as deep as they say it might be better to pick Jagga and a few lesser quality line breaker types. Build a midfield from scratch. Just got to make sure we have the coalface guys as well. Although we are OK for those guy, TT Hopper, for a few more years. Interesting list management choices.

Anyone know much about Archie Ludowyke for the 2025 draft? He seems pretty good from few bits i've seen, would it be worth missing out on him to trade into this draft?
We shouldn't trade out of next year. Top end looks better than this years.

I'm loving the look of Jagga. He seems like the type that will just get leather poisoning and make th eplayer around him better. The key thing is to get high quality around him.

I'm thinking that if we have a number of good picks and the draft is as deep as they say it might be better to pick Jagga and a few lesser quality line breaker types. Build a midfield from scratch. Just got to make sure we have the coalface guys as well. Although we are OK for those guy, TT Hopper, for a few more years. Interesting list management choices.
That's exactly what I've been told. No point having an elite extractor if we don't have someone for them to give it off to. We need to end up with 2 top 5 picks IMO. Midfield will be sorted for a decade +.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is my favourite prospect for next year. If we can get a top KPF in the teens this year (trading our later picks) like an Armstrong or Sims then it will be an interesting call on if we go for Sharp or Archie. 2 different types of players of course. Ludowyke & Armstrong is a great pairing moving forward though!

He is my favourite prospect for next year. If we can get a top KPF in the teens this year (trading our later picks) like an Armstrong or Sims then it will be an interesting call on if we go for Sharp or Archie. 2 different types of players of course. Ludowyke & Armstrong is a great pairing moving forward though!
Balta leaves and take both Sharp & Ludowyke

secret smell GIF

I have a 20yr old, 18yr old & 16yr old and you can already see their body types, with J.Smith, he will always be slight. Doesnt mean he wont be a good player but slight, see Walsh from Carlton...
Walsh is fine size for a mid. Just saw him in 18's and he was very similar to Jagga.

Cal Twomey suggested we could trade Baker and Bolton to Fremantle for picks 6, 12, 15, and then Dan Rioli to Gold Coast for picks 7 and 10 (we'd likely have to give a sweetener back the other way).

How would people feel about this? I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Rocking up to the draft with 1, 6, 7, 10, 12, 15 plus possibly a couple of second rounders, that's a crazy start to a rebuild.

I think Baker is gone & Rioli has the most amount of trade value where we can probably afford to let a player go. No way will we let all 3 leave though, that's like 500+ games of experience out the door.

It’s all relative and depends on the depth. If there is genuinely 7-8 x players with claims on #1 as there seems to be at the moment, then wouldn’t 7 and 10 be much better than #1?

For example Rowell was a clear #1. That same draft Freo got Young and Serong at 7 and 8. Imagine Freo had #1 and traded it for 7 and 8? Genius move as Serong and Young are arguably both superior to Rowell … and Rowell was a clear #1!

There’s an easy way to analyse this. Right this very second with all we know, who would you choose?

1. Josh Smilie (touted 1)

Or

2. Jagga Smith (6) and Armstrong (14)

Or

3. Luke Trainor (7) and Sid Draper (9)

People get too caught up in the romance of pick #1.

Right this second are you taking Smilie alone, or option 2 or 3? As that’s the reality of the decision.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Completely agree, I can see Adelaide wanting pick 1 to secure Draper - it's just how to we get enough back

Reckon they need him to jump in to contention so may pay overs. Quality ball user off half back, free up Powell to the midfield who may actually hit a target inside 50 - it’s the only thing they’re missing. Rowell, anderson, Flanders and even Miller are butchers. Love him but time to capitalise and get a win/win for both clubs

Agree, think they go hard to get him in. If they get Lombard and Rioli in, they're stacked.

Please outline how in hell Brisbane or GC could acquire the nbr 1 pick to get in front of bids for Ashcroft or Lombard. GC a slight chance but pick 7 is a bit late for us.

Gold Coast trade out picks 7,10 and Lukosius get in Rioli, Adelaide's future 1st and late picks for point matching for Lombard.

Adelaide trade out pick 5, pick 29 & future 1st round and get in Lukosius and Pick 1.

Richmond trade out pick 1, Rioli and some late picks for pick 5,7,10 & 29.

Not really sure if it works but can definitely see it happening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back