Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

A.Black [NTH] could be an option for us they seem to have a glut of KP fowards.

Lynch from the Suns would be good aswell somebody mentioned his name earlier in this thread.But in all seriousness burning them on Rischa and Brennan trades doubt they will ever trade players with us again.

Lynch from the Suns would be good aswell somebody mentioned his name earlier in this thread.But in all seriousness burning them on Rischa and Brennan trades doubt they will ever trade players with us again.

We didn't burn them, they sort out and chased Brennan and Rischa....we just obliged them. They're screw up, not us burning them.

Watched lynch in the suns freo game and thought he looked like he'd struggle to make the grade at wynnum reserves let alone the afl. Even though hes had his documented injury problems id love to see the club chase scotty gumbleton. Hes really going to struggle for a game once daniher starts playing in the 1s. As much as we are lacking a kpf i wish the club would stop trading for blokes like martin and lisle, those almost afl standard but not quite types

Watched lynch in the suns freo game and thought he looked like he'd struggle to make the grade at wynnum reserves let alone the afl.
Lynch will be a gun. His movement for a bloke his size is incredible, he's getting more and more competitive in the air and he's getting a bit of mongrel about him too.

Watched lynch in the suns freo game and thought he looked like he'd struggle to make the grade at wynnum reserves let alone the afl. Even though hes had his documented injury problems id love to see the club chase scotty gumbleton. Hes really going to struggle for a game once daniher starts playing in the 1s. As much as we are lacking a kpf i wish the club would stop trading for blokes like martin and lisle, those almost afl standard but not quite types
would love what your smoking. Lynch not even Wynnum reserves... laughable. He will be a great player. Would be real hard to stop standing at almost 2m and can move like a midfielder packaged with his aggressive attack on the ball. Needs another 5-8kg to be a real force but I can see him comfortably being a 60-70 goal a season forward.

I might be in the minority but if we don't get gumbleton I'd really like the club to have a look at max gawn from melbourne. I think he has some really good traits that might let him play at full forward but with the rabble that is melbourne, he's just not reaching his full potential and I think he's out of contract this year. Also, blease and silvia would be really decent gets too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I might be in the minority but if we don't get gumbleton I'd really like the club to have a look at max gawn from melbourne. I think he has some really good traits that might let him play at full forward but with the rabble that is melbourne, he's just not reaching his full potential and I think he's out of contract this year. Also, blease and silvia would be really decent gets too.
Beat me to it. I wouldn't mind Blease only for a fringe player though.

Brisbane Lions Trade List Targets 2013:

Dale Thomas
Bio: (Height: 185 cm, Weight: 86 kg, Age: 25)
Pace, high marking, freakish goals and the ability to do the impossible are his trademarks. Thomas had developed an elite fitness base that allowed him to spend most of his time on the wing where his flair and speed made him a key factor in the club's premiership campaign.

Reason:
Thomas should be the 1st target that the Brisbane Lions should attempt during free agency period. The Lions midfield needs a midfielder who can hurt the opposition team by foot and on the scoreboard. With Daniel Rich struggling to cope with a tag and 2013 being Blacky’s last year before retiring, the Lions engine room needs Thomas while the likes of Mayes, Polec, Beams and Karnezis develop their games. By getting Thomas during free agency allows the club to use their first round draft pick on the best available forward available. End of the day Thomas is a low risk, long term investment.

Lachlan Keeffe
Bio: (Height: 204 cm, Weight: 102 kg, Age: 23)
Plucked from a Queensland talent search, Keeffe had barely touched a Sherrin before walking in the door at Collingwood. Has a long reach, has great agility and has the capacity to play in key position posts at both ends of the ground as well as pinch hit in the ruck.

Reason:
Lachlan Keefe is a Queenslander from Gympie who can play key position posts at both ends. Keefe plays his best footy down back as that big strong gorilla defender for the Pies. Lions need a replacement and depth for when Merrett retires or gets injured. Would cost us a second rounder at best considering he got injured last year after being touted by experts as a replacement for the injured Nathan Brown at full back. Has a good scope for improvement and is in the right age bracket regards to our list.

It would take a lot for us to give Keefe up. Athletically he is our best backman which is pretty amazing given he has both Reid and Brown covered in height by a good 8-10cm. Despite his injury he's probably our best kept secret atm with his kicking pretty handy as well for a guy who has grown up away from the game. We would ask for more than you'd be willing to give especially since he is coming off a major knee.

On Thomas, if he has another like 2012 then you can have him :confused:

I really like the look of Keefe, injuries a worry though....

Justin Clarke, Jordan Bourke and Tickner (presumably) are a good unit of young key defenders, as well as the senior crew of Maguire, Merrett and Patfull. There's McKeever too. Do we really need another key defender? Even if Maguire retired this year I'd still say no we don't.

Justin Clarke, Jordan Bourke and Tickner (presumably) are a good unit of young key defenders, as well as the senior crew of Maguire, Merrett and Patfull. There's McKeever too. Do we really need another key defender? Even if Maguire retired this year I'd still say no we don't.

I'm also of the belief that there's a strong chance Lisle will end up down back, so I tend to agree that as a result of the promising signs shown by Clarke, chasing a key defender probably isn't priority one this year. We'll almost definitely draft Tickner I'd think, and as you mentioned he can be the KPD prospect we're picking up.

In saying that, though, I'm far from convinced that McKeever will still be around at season's end.

Next year Brisbane will use the full 100% of their salary cap. The Lion's Board have been commited in the past few years, in reducing debt by using only 95% of their salary cap. However, chairman Angus Johnson, is sick of his team being hamstrung in trade week. The Lions will being looking for a player to lead their future teams and of course Lance Franklin is in their aim but there is little chance that they could afford the $8 million over five years that GWS is offering Buddy. With Simon Black retiering and Jonathon Brown in his twilight seasons, who should Brisbane aim for? A star forward? A star midfield? Or both? List manager Rob Kerr and football manager Dean Warren have been instructed to bring back two A-listers. Who will they aim for?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back