Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Incorrect,

Yes the offer he accepted was more than the others however he was going to be handsomely remunerated wherever he signed.

It was extremely wrong of him to publicise his grandma's illness as a vehicle to get to Freo, however he couldn't let the real reason for leaving Brisbane play out in the media.

Anyway, not going to harp on this any further - everyone has their opinions....and as the saying goes:

"Opinions are like ar$eholes. Everyone has one....and most of them stink!"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

you know whats worse than stinky ar$eholes? people who act like they have an inside word and know a real story but never reveal it, might as well not say anything in the first place and waste everyones time reading it

Just I was under the impression that we decided to pass on the Pre-Season Draft selection and instead fill that vacant senior position with a nominated rookie upgrade before the start of the season...had an idea that position was won by Clarke....

That is correct. It's just not a permanent upgrade. It only lasts until the end of the season.

I wonder if we might do that again?

We may do, but that still requires us to clear another spot (at the moment we don't have a spot to upgrade Clarke into if we want to take pick 34).

you know whats worse than stinky ar$eholes? people who act like they have an inside word and know a real story but never reveal it, might as well not say anything in the first place and waste everyones time reading it
You might consider that there might be another person involved in the rumour, and to expose them (besides Clark) would be poor form.

It would be a real shame if we cant get Luke McGuane who is an already made player and someone who wants to actually come and play for the club.

this was a funny development during this trade period.

We had a stampede of Lions players trying to get out of our door. McGuane rejected 2 contract offers from Richmond and still waiting on us to take him. so weird, what's the story here?

Either he must be desperate to get back at all costs or he's so sick of washing Hardwick's car, doesn't want to go back there anymore. It still doesn't make sense though, McGuane could have explored options with GC as well if getting back to QLD is all he was after, no articles to that effect either.

We may do, but that still requires us to clear another spot (at the moment we don't have a spot to upgrade Clarke into if we want to take pick 34).

Yeah thought we'd have to delist another player in order to do it. Guess it depends on whether or not we think one of the rookie listed players can add more to our list than someone else currently on the senior list.

We had a stampede of Lions players trying to get out of our door. McGuane rejected 2 contract offers from Richmond and still waiting on us to take him. so weird, what's the story here?

Either he must be desperate to get back at all costs or he's so sick of washing Hardwick's car, doesn't want to go back there anymore. It still doesn't make sense though, McGuane could have explored options with GC as well if getting back to QLD is all he was after, no articles to that effect either.

You can nab him for nothing as a delisted free agent in the next couple of days, there was no need to deal with Richmond and waste a pick. I'd be very surprised if you don't pick him up, he'd be a handy player.

Good luck to Jackson Paine. I really like this kid. He'll work hard, has a great set of hands, and will kick goals for you. Not exactly sure why he didn't get the opportunities at collingwood. He was open to the trade, realised it was in his best interests, and wants to be up here. I hope he plays 20 plus games for the Lions next year

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe he is a rare one who happens to have had a soft spot for the Lions and now has the opportunity to come home and play for us.

It could be that simple.

Couldn't every potential free agent do that then?

No. Those guys are wrong... If McGuane is available as a delisted free agent, this guy's right:

Didnt richmond end up delisting him after he rejected thier offer so he could get to brisbane easier..
I thought i read that somewhere

Basically if he's available as a delisted free agent, Richmond delisted him. That would either be out of good will or because they didn't offer him a contract. If they did offer him a contract that was still on the table, they could have forced his hand and made him nominate for the draft but probably felt he'd given good service to the club and wasn't a required player so let him walk.

You might consider that there might be another person involved in the rumour, and to expose them (besides Clark) would be poor form.

regardless of the reasoning of why not revealing the rumour i just dont see the point in coming here and saying you know something that everyone else doesnt but cant reveal it, basically pointless

regardless of the reasoning of why not revealing the rumour i just dont see the point in coming here and saying you know something that everyone else doesnt but cant reveal it, basically pointless
Not pointless,still got some info.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Talk 2013 - Yeo, Doc, Polec, Karnezis, Longer gone - Welcome Paine, West, Magwon!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back