Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
TBH, don't reckon the GWS list is that good. Granted they got the pick of the crop for a couple of years, yet their best player has had 2 knee recko's.

For all the hype on Boyd, he's a one position player capable of 70 goals a year...................if that's a once in a generation player, as he was touted, will go hee for tiggy.
When did Callan Ward do 2 knees?

Not sure you can say Tutt and Saad are anything "potent".... both have been average at AFL level. Jones is no superstar either. though if he's getting 3rd best defender, who knows. He needs to develop and develop well before 25 in order to be a stayer in my opinion.

What ever happen to big bad levi casboult, Henderson, kreuzer, thomas, andrew walker and liam jones to that forward line mix u add maybe ahmad Saad and maybe tutt and that's a pretty potent forward structure

Thomas, Hendo, Walker
Menz, Levi, Jones

nom nom nom.

Depending on Jamo - I do like the idea of Hendo down back still.

I suppose we'll see what Jones/Jaksch bring to the table.

I also think people really need to rate Everitt more, he's a swingman with a great disposal.

Scary thing about that lineup all are above average to excellent markers!

And they're all young. That list could be there in 4 years (Without Walker).

It's more about midfield delivery now I think. Good trade period if all goes to plan addresses the immediate needs and onwards.

Hopefully the draft goes to some mids with efficient disposal.

Not sure you can say Tutt and Saad are anything "potent".... both have been average at AFL level. Jones is no superstar either. though if he's getting 3rd best defender, who knows. He needs to develop and develop well before 25 in order to be a stayer in my opinion.

But at least we will have options up forward and not rely the one player

Mate, I don't actually disagree. There's just a large large number of Kreuzer fanatics (and sponsors) on this board. So felt it was a brave suggestion.

I'm not a Kreuzer fan. I love his efforts and his gut run/tackle, but he's no forward, he's a ruck and as a ruck he is a very avg ruckman.

I would rather Wood play #1 ruck.

You wash your mouth out with soap! What blasphemy!

How come when we're getting Boyd he's a future superstar and the answer to all our problems. Do what it takes to get him.

Yet, when the Dogs are getting him they're overpaying for a 1st year player who has proven nothing.

Amazing.
Did we ever propose trading our captain for him and offering him over 1mil a year?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Beams gone for 5, 25 and Crisp.

Pies may reach for Laverde or bite the bullet and take another tall like Lever even though have Sharenberg waiting.....Their midfield has taken a beating though.

Langdon, Frost, Sharenberg
Williams, Reid, Seedsman
Freeman, Swan, Sidebottom
Dwyer, Cloke, Broomhead
Elliot, Wright*, Blair
Grundy, Pendelbury, Macaffer
Kennedy, Crisp, Goldsack, Young

The 22 is talented and young but already it's looking like it has to rely on inexperienced players while the depth isn't there anymore.

Pies may reach for Laverde or bite the bullet and take another tall like Lever even though have Sharenberg waiting.....Their midfield has taken a beating though.

Williams, Reid, Seedsman
Dwyer, Cloke, Broomhead
Elliot, Wright*, Blair

The 22 is talented and young but already it's looking like it has to rely on inexperienced players while the depth isn't there anymore.
Their aim is to be the youngest team though so they're winning ;) well...at least that's what I heard bucks say all year.

Their aim is to be the youngest team though so they're winning ;) well...at least that's what I heard bucks say all year.
The above side is under the assumption Wright slides to them (which would be a good fit). If he doesn't and they end up taking Durdin or Lever that's another young tall DEFENDER and again it's very Cloke-centric...unless they play Reid at CHF and they lose his experience down back, despite Keefe and Frost's good efforts there this year.

Another interesting point from that article is the the Saints should satisfy Sydney with just a late pick for Tim Membrey ....

And this is why we should lock Jones away with 46 .
I don't trust that sob pelican , he'd be every chance to snare Jones before us in the psd .
I think that a few doubters here are going to get a pleasant surprise next year watching Jones play on the oppositions 3rd ranked big defender .

Did we ever propose trading our captain for him and offering him over 1mil a year?

To be fair, I don't think the Bullies ever considered trading their Captain for him... that decision was taken out of their hands. But agree that the 1mil a year if true smacks of saving face with their supporters, sponsors etc.. Cant possibly be right. Hurts my head thinking about it!!

The above side is under the assumption Wright slides to them (which would be a good fit). If he doesn't and they end up taking Durdin or Lever that's another young tall DEFENDER and again it's very Cloke-centric...unless they play Reid at CHF and they lose his experience down back, despite Keefe and Frost's good efforts there this year.
They're getting Varcoe & Greenwood, but I think that really only papers over the cracks as they're capable but not better replacements of what they lost (Lumumba & Beams). No net gain here IMO for Collingwood this offseason in the short term. They do have 2 top 10 picks again though.

Williams, Reid, Seedsman
Dwyer, Cloke, Broomhead
Elliot, Wright*, Blair

Need to add Varcoe who's quick and can run/carry.. And did I say he's quick?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If our captain cracked the shits and wanted out in this kind of situation, yes we would absolutely be doing that.
True. But the money they're offering Boyd is the money they offered Patton months ago. Who were they planning on trading for Patton? Because their first pick wouldn't have been enough.

So, are you proposing that? if that was the case. I'm confused on your stance.
Read what i wrote again. If our captain cracked the shits and we had an untenable situation with him, i believe we would be offering a trade like that.

I am NOT saying we should try trade Murph for Boyd because he loves us and we love him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back