Mega Thread Trade Targets 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently Christensen is out of contract - given this, why is it a surprise he needs a trade? Who is out of contract now if they're not leaving.

I dont understand the fuss??

If we got 19, 21 and Jaksch for 7 and Jones and Cooney for our 2nd rounder? Whats the problem?

Id rather Cooney than Mclean and Cooney is a better kick than 3/4s of our team, there is nothing wrong with recruiting good footballers! It doesn't matter where our team sits in the so called "rebuild or premiership window" phase.

Thats bringing in 5 quality players for only 2 picks?? I really don't see the fuss? I think everyone needs to just chill the hell out....

And those that don't see the logic in that are probably the same supporters that boo when whenever we kick the ball sideways and complained when we got Everitt.

Seriously calm down and let the club do what they do best :)

If they think that is the right reign to pull then who are we all to disagree with them??

Lol really? I wouldnt want to live in Geelong, but wonder what could be 'toxic' about it...and so much so that the support he would get from the club cant fix
Maybe because it's a small town and everyone knows him?

Strange though because he's from Lara - isn't that relatively close to Geelong?

If we got 19, 21 and Jaksch for 7 and Jones and Cooney for our 2nd rounder? Whats the problem?

Id rather Cooney than Mclean and Cooney is a better kick than 3/4s of our team, there is nothing wrong with recruiting good footballers! It doesn't matter where our team sits in the so called "rebuild or premiership window" phase.
Thats bringing in 5 quality players for only 2 picks?? I really don't see the fuss? I think everyone needs to just chill the hell out....
And those that don't see the logic in that are probably the same supporters that boo when whenever we kick the ball sideways and complained when we got Everitt.
If they think that is the right reign to pull then who are we all to disagree with them??

If Cooney was a great leader, I could understand the appeal of getting him for close to nothing but that's not quite the case.

Can't see what we'd gain as a club for having Cooney for a year or two. I'd rather McLean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's going to Qld.

It annoys me that Brisbane may just get Beams and Christensen walk into their lap without having to do much work.
Brisbane with Beams and Christensen suddenly become a dangerous team with a strong midfield...those 2 plus Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Zorko, Mayes, Aish, Taylor etc

It annoys me that Brisbane may just get Beams and Christensen walk into their lap without having to do much work.
Brisbane with Beams and Christensen suddenly become a dangerous team with a strong midfield...those 2 plus Rich, Rockliff, Redden, Zorko, Mayes, Aish, Taylor etc
GC will get Christensen I reckon. Given cats pick 15.

It's funny just how quick the fortunes of a club can change, isn't it?

Geelong thought they all but had Frawley but he opted for Hawthorn.
If they do lose Varcoe and Christensen a lot of the run is gone and all of a sudden some of the other kids may not look quite as good.

2 years ago Balme said "We build from within" and now they're scratching around to get players to come to them with lots of the kids (and not so much kids) just not coming through as expected.

Cooney is 29 with shot knees - two years at average output is about the best we could expect, ie <20 possessions a game, <1 goal a game.

Jones is a key forward who has been in the system for 5 years and has kicked more than 2 goals in a game a grand total of 5 times! Lets spell that out - on average, once a year has he kicked more than 2 goals a game playing as a key forward. That's the sort of player you pick up through the PSD at best.

This is just the Bulldogs looking at clearing salary cap and preparing for other moves and building for their future...not ours

It's funny just how quick the fortunes of a club can change, isn't it?

Geelong thought they all but had Frawley but he opted for Hawthorn.
If they do lose Varcoe and Christensen a lot of the run is gone and all of a sudden some of the other kids may not look quite as good.

2 years ago Balme said "We build from within" and now they're scratching around to get players to come to them with lots of the kids (and not so much kids) just not coming through as expected.

People have been burnt many times over last few years for saying this, but i really believe this is the year Geelong finally falls (out of top 4).

The stars (eg Bartel, Mackie, , Kelly Johnson) are getting on and werent having the same impact at the end of last year as usual.

Young players not stepping up enough to stay top 4, guys like Kersten, Walker, Smedts, Guthrie, Hunt, Thurlow, Varcoe.

Christensen leaving.

Geelong dont look top 4 material for next year, easy to see how Port may take their spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back