Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will take 13 for Gov trust me on that one

We need to try and get 10-11 somehow but we will take 13
I’m not sure we will, given some Carlton posters were suggesting they would be happy to give a pp of 12 to us, would suggest to me that it’s unders or close to right.
We need to go for more imo.

We will take 13 for Gov trust me on that one

We need to try and get 10-11 somehow but we will take 13
I'm happy to throw in Carlton's 2nd to add to Gov (Charlie was 12 so Gov is 10-12 alone) but we need to end up 4-7. No good going to this years draft with 1 top 10. We need as many of these top level local boys as we can moving forward. Fog is the start.

I'm happy to throw in Carlton's 2nd to add to Gov (Charlie was 12 so Gov is 10-12 alone) but we need to end up 4-7. No good going to this years draft with 1 top 10. We need as many of these top level local boys as we can moving forward. Fog is the start.
I know - going to be tough

Think about it this way - Port are a chance because they are willing to lose 2 of their best players

I think it would take something similar ie Gov + someone else and it would signal a mini rebuild

I know - going to be tough

Think about it this way - Port are a chance because they are willing to lose 2 of their best players

I think it would take something similar ie Gov + someone else and it would signal a mini rebuild
Well if we lose gov then we should be able to package the gov pick, 15 and 19 into a top 5, or two of those into a top 10. I will be very disappointed if we do lose gov and don’t have two top 10 draftees coming into the squad.

I wonder if a club would then do pick 13 & pick 15 (melbourne pick) for a pick 4 or 5?

Put the shoe on the other foot, would you trade pick 4 or 5 for 13 & 15?
If you were St Kilda say and had nothing between pick 4 and pick 50 or whatever and wanted trade currency for Hannebury and wanted to maintain a presence in the 1st round of the draft..i could easily see it happening

If you were St Kilda say and had nothing between pick 4 and pick 50 or whatever and wanted trade currency for Hannebury and wanted to maintain a presence in the 1st round of the draft..i could easily see it happening
Depends what Sydney what I suppose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if a club would then do pick 13 & pick 15 (melbourne pick) for a pick 4 or 5?
No chance

We are talking about 5-6 kids that would usually be pick 1 or 2 in other drafts

The shite bottom clubs are not going to just fold and pass up on that sort of talent

It’s a super draft at top end only , then just another average or just above average draft

Hawks are up to their ears in Shiel too, which makes it interesting. Can’t see them getting both done. I reckon Wingard ends up staying.

Likewise, can’t see Carlton getting Shiel, Gov and co done while keeping #1. Unless they trade next years #1 to someone willing to jump at their 2019 first round. Fast forward to 2019 and they win one game, apply for a PP and end up with pick 1 anyway.
Shiel will be in Blue next year, take it to the bank baby!

D

Depends totally on your talent evaluation but in the right circumstances then yes that is about right. In the NFL they trade down from 5 ish for 2 picks in the teens all the time.
Not sure the nfl has any relevance to what we do here.
I just can’t remember it being an overly popular thing done in the past.

No chance

We are talking about 5-6 kids that would usually be pick 1 or 2 in other drafts

The shite bottom clubs are not going to just fold and pass up on that sort of talent

It’s a super draft at top end only , then just another average or just above average draft
I'm not sure I agree with this. It's a great draft at the pointy end for SA kids but not sure about the rest.
The fact that Walsh is going to go 1 kind of sums it up. Would you happy if Adelaide were going all in for him? Bit vanilla for mine to be No 1 in a "super top end draft"

Will there be any panic if you win 6 games next year ?

Few retirements coming up

2 wins , 6 wins , 4 wins would be hard to take

Do you have a local or VFL team you can go watch in September ? Or another hobby ?
You know your team sucks when you are hanging out for a cryogenic freezing breakthrough so you can witness your teams next finals series.

I'm not sure I agree with this. It's a great draft at the pointy end for SA kids but not sure about the rest.
The fact that Walsh is going to go 1 kind of sums it up. Would you happy if Adelaide were going all in for him? Bit vanilla for mine to be No 1 in a "super top end draft"
He hasn’t played a bad game in 2 years

Then you have 3 kids who have all played very good sanfl league football at times

2x200 cm kids that are dominant and have a lot of development in them

Nick Blakey could be pick 1 any other year

Smith level this year similar to Dow last year

It’s pointy

Will there be any panic if you win 6 games next year ?

Few retirements coming up

2 wins , 6 wins , 4 wins would be hard to take

Do you have a local or VFL team you can go watch in September ? Or another hobby ?
No I’m quite content I don’t derive all of self esteem from my footy team. Just like Melb and Rich we’ll be back. Your last flag was quite a while ago btw. I follow Sturt. Saw them win a lot of spoons - made the recent back to back sweeter. Get the feeling a lot of your supporters are fair weather.

No I’m quite content I don’t derive all of self esteem from my footy team. Just like Melb and Rich we’ll be back. Your last flag was quite a while ago btw. I follow Sturt. Saw them win a lot of spoons - made the recent back to back sweeter. Get the feeling a lot of your supporters are fair weather.
We’re the opposite of fair weather. We hang shit on our club in good times and bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back