Mega Thread Trade Targets 2018 (2018 Trade Period Discussion)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
He hasn’t played a bad game in 2 years

Then you have 3 kids who have all played very good sanfl league football at times

2x200 cm kids that are dominant and have a lot of development in them

Nick Blakey could be pick 1 any other year

Smith level this year similar to Dow last year

It’s pointy

I agree, for us, if we could magically pull of an SA double, or God forbid a triple including Hately, the direction of our club in future looks a lot more stable.

No I’m quite content I don’t derive all of self esteem from my footy team. Just like Melb and Rich we’ll be back. Your last flag was quite a while ago btw. I follow Sturt. Saw them win a lot of spoons - made the recent back to back sweeter. Get the feeling a lot of your supporters are fair weather.
Considering our crowds don’t even drop off 10% when we miss finals I’d say you’re talking absolute tripe

Our problem is we are the opposite to fair weather

He hasn’t played a bad game in 2 years

Then you have 3 kids who have all played very good sanfl league football at times

2x200 cm kids that are dominant and have a lot of development in them

Nick Blakey could be pick 1 any other year

Smith level this year similar to Dow last year

It’s pointy
I gree that he hasn't played a bad game in 2 years. He also hasn't played a Game where you thought , wow, that kid will change a side.
Put it this way, I wouldn't want Adelaide selling the farm for Walsh or either King brother. I'm not having a go at them, just don't see franchise changing characteristics. Rankine yes and Luko probably but the rest are same as every year. Very good kids that you hope will be big part of a Great side down the track.

I gree that he hasn't played a bad game in 2 years. He also hasn't played a Game where you thought , wow, that kid will change a side.
Put it this way, I wouldn't want Adelaide selling the farm for Walsh or either King brother. I'm not having a go at them, just don't see franchise changing characteristics. Rankine yes and Luko probably but the rest are same as every year. Very good kids that you hope will be big part of a Great side down the track.
Someone that comes top 5 in the B and F every year for the next 10 yrs is very valuable ( Walsh )

Will be a very good player . Probably about Whitfield’s standard ( not as good as Josh Kelly but still very very good )

I’m not sure we will, given some Carlton posters were suggesting they would be happy to give a pp of 12 to us, would suggest to me that it’s unders or close to right.
We need to go for more imo.
Yeah but that because the PP wasn’t actually costing them anything. It was given to them by the afl.

That’s why the taking of 2 SA mates makes sense . It’s the best risk management they can hope for

2 guns from a state where players only occasionally return to . Also happens that they are pick 1 quality
i.e. Brisbane with Ballarat Rebels teammates Jarrod Berry, Hugh McCluggage and Cedric Cox along with Berry and McCluggage's Vic Country teammate and fellow AFL AIS Academy member Alex Witherden.

Someone that comes top 5 in the B and F every year for the next 10 yrs is very valuable ( Walsh )

Will be a very good player . Probably about Whitfield’s standard ( not as good as Josh Kelly but still very very good )
As I said I'm not having a go at him, but pick 1 in what you say is a great top end draft should be Franklin or Ablett standard. Top 5 in the b and f is great but not someone to sell the farm for, we are talking about pick 1 after all.
Btw if I had pick 1 I would take Rankine every day of the week and twice on Sundays. He will change the fate of whichever side drafts him, just hope its us.

We will take 13 for Gov trust me on that one

We need to try and get 10-11 somehow but we will take 13
You know #13 becomes #14 .......that maybe accepted, but there will be steak knives .....you can trust me on that !

I know - going to be tough

Think about it this way - Port are a chance because they are willing to lose 2 of their best players

I think it would take something similar ie Gov + someone else and it would signal a mini rebuild
Sounded this afternoon that Wingard to probably stay at Port

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We did the same with Gallucci, Poholke and Signorello didn't we?
Not really, Gallucci was an Eastern Ranger, Poholke a Dandenong Stingray and Signorello a Northern Knight. Gallucci was in the AIS Academy for 2 years while Poholke was a very late inclusion in his draft year. Whereas the Ballarat Rebels lads not only played TAC together they also played school footy together.

Carlton should package 24/25 to Sydney for their 13. More then likely they will have to match a bid for Blakey so could use the draft picks and are essentially 350 points better off
That's a highly likely outcome, but depends on whether Hamish wants the 2 2nd rounders or pick 13

As I said I'm not having a go at him, but pick 1 in what you say is a great top end draft should be Franklin or Ablett standard. Top 5 in the b and f is great but not someone to sell the farm for, we are talking about pick 1 after all.
Btw if I had pick 1 I would take Rankine every day of the week and twice on Sundays. He will change the fate of whichever side drafts him, just hope its us.
Agreed

I think we can get top 10 but not top 5

I’m expecting Rankine Luko and Rozee to all be top 5
Imo, 1 of them won't be top 5.

Also have Walsh, King twins & Smith.

I think we can get top 10 but not top 5

I’m expecting Rankine Luko and Rozee to all be top 5
They have a lot of competition. Walsh, Smith and the King boys could all go top 5. I think the Vic Clubs will rate local talent over SA talent esp Rankine as he is a flight risk. GC could well take the both the Kings in the hopes they will be less likely to leave if they have both, and they need KKP. I think Rankine and Rozee will both fall in the 4-7 range. If we can get 2 picks in the 4-8 (8 being our 1st) and we score 2 of Rankine ,Rozee or Hately I will be stoked. I also get the feeling Hately is the forgotten SA boy, 192 midfielder with skills...maybe in 4-5 years time.... think Cripps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back