List Mgmt. Trade Targets / Rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn’t say he deliberately sabotaged the team playing finals. I said that his performance against Brisbane and Richmond was a liability and proved why he wasn’t in the team in the first place.

He’s actually not that good a defender.

He did show that he could be a great forward with his performance against St Kilda.

Howard is 24 years old next year. He’s not a kid anymore, and he should be showing more than glimpses of talent. That’s for guys like Ladhams, Farrell and Garner.

Dixon/Howard/Marshall doesn’t work if you’re also going to be playing Ladhams up forward next year.

Jonas/Clurey/Howard doesn’t work if you’re also going to be playing Watts down back next year.

So by the time Howard gets a shot, he’ll be a free agent and be complaining about how he he’s been stuck behind better defenders and better forwards - and get you zero in compensation.

It’s all part of Operation Lukosius.

It isn't part of Operation Lukosius, Janus. The club isn't remotely that clever, and f**king up our spine for one as yet unproven guy isn't a good idea to begin with.

But for the next few games, you revert back to type - to the point where the coaching staff believes that, in a game where we were already down a defender in Burton, we would be better off with you out of defence and in the forward line.

This is revisionist in the extreme.

He’s actually not that good a defender.

Maybe, but there's a compelling school of thought that he'd be a better defender (or forward, or anything else) if we followed conventional wisdom and aided his development by playing him in a consistent position with a consistent gameplan/style, like every other club does with every other player in the league. Instead, we play musical chairs. Or we play Cam Sutcliffe.

It's ok, one day the music will stop and Hinkley will finally find himself without a seat. He'll also find himself without a Jock McHale medal.

“He never thought about it (leaving Port Adelaide), to be honest,” Trotter told AFL Trade Radio.
“He signed a four-year deal at the end of 2018.
“He captained the club at one stage this year.

“It was all pretty much a surprise to Dougs.

What a bunch of Nuffies the people running this club are.
KT: "Appointing co-captains turned out to be a really unpopular decision with our members."

Hinkley: "Hold my beer."

4468c5fa4d0054b3bbaf65ed5cd9b5d6.jpg

So we get rid of frampton, ryder and howard. The aim is to rid our club of all tall athletes? Ken has learnt nothing from failing with an undersized forward line, now we want an equally undersize defence?

I grew up with the maggies. Have 2 PB guernseys. Bang on about our history to anyone who will listen. Im the exact target demographic to get into our 150th.

I have NEVER felt less connection to this club. I hate every decision we are making on and off the field. I hate Ken and i hate that i fell for his shtick for years.

Koch- "how can we piss off the fans more"

*ken cracks a diet coke..

Ken- "that's doogs guy is popular why dont youse trade him?"

Koch- "your at the top of your game Ken great idea"

Keith- "I dont know guys.... is it enough? Who else is young talented and in a position we need we can **** off?"

Ken- "why dont we announce my contract extension?"

Koch- "lol I'm saving that for a special time"

Ken/keith/koch- all laugh

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Losing Howard is fine if we drafted kpd like rossfc has been pleading for but we haven't.

We have no defenders over 194cm and unless we get some over the next week , Ben Brown could win the Coleman medal if the roos play us twice next year

At this stage I would even be happy with competent or mediocre list management.

I'd even be happier with no list management. Just do nothing. Three trade periods in a row where we would've been better off if we'd spent the week working on the Penske file.

Imagine honestly believing that Jack Watts is a better key defender than Dougal Howard because he had one good game on a flank against the 17th placed team 6 months ago.

And even if you actually do believe that, imagine actively trading away your only even vaguely ready key position depth at either end of the ground.

Trajectory.

How can he be surplus to needs when we’re deficient in 2/3 positions that he can play?
He’s clearly behind Dixon, Lycett, Marshall, and Ladhams and I think will fall behind Sam Hayes.

As a defender he has more value long term but is likely to be behind Jonas and Clurey until one of them retires. As well as Watts and Westhoff.

So I think it’s fair to say he’s likely to he out of our best 22 at least until Westhoff, Dixon, Watts and Jonas start retiring.

If he didn’t play for us and wanted to come here I dare say we wouldn’t want to pay a first rounder for him.

I honestly think I could go either way on keeping or trading him. If like many on here I had no faith in our list management I would probably be freaking out, but IMO we have absolutely aced it in recent years.

I’m also sure we have a better KPF in our sights anyway. Which would make trading Howard out for high value even more astute.

I dunno maybe I’m a “happy clapper” but I still have plenty of optimism about next year if we can get two forwards from this trade period that can slot into our first 22. To me that’s worth the risk of us not being able to replace Howard within the next 2-3 years as Westhoff, Watts and Dixon retire.

Our drafting and trading have been fabulous.

Our management in terms of contracts etc.... maybe not so much. We should have signed a lot of players much earlier than we did. Frampton, Jackson Trengove, and Polec jump to mind.

I wouldn't let Dougal go anywhere near Kennedy/Darling Lynch/reiwoldt Brown J Cameron Hawkins hell even an aging Franklin every single one of them would destroy him. I am sure even some second tiers in the comp would have him covered

If we get a first rounder as the club has stated I am taking it and not looking back.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back