List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I sure hope this is here so there appears to be activity on their part because the first sentence before the "but" is a little concerning.

True. The following is also a concerning:

But at this stage our priority has to be with the talls. Whether he finds his way to our club who knows. But at this stage our priority is with the talks.

We may need a tall to as a third ruck but this is hardly a priority. So why does our priority have to be with the talls? We need picks and more picks so that we can draft more quality contested ball winners.

Is that a serious answer?

GWS? Never been sold on McCarthy, especially after a year off on the [allegedly] gear

GWS.

DS goes BANG. Sit down you old campaigner.

GWS lost McCarthy - a player that had they traded last year would have given them a first round pick then and pick 3 now. Sure they got pick 3 for that same player but it's also cost them pick 7 and 34. And they obviously rated him since they forced him to sit out a year of football hoping he'd change his mind.

What;'s more they're in the process of losing two top 10 picks from 2014 (Marchbank and Pickett) for a draft pick this year that may not even be top 10

So no, they're not improving their draft position without losing quality

Do you often go bang with a wet lettuce leaf DS?

Is that a serious answer?

GWS lost McCarthy - a player that had they traded last year would have given them a first round pick then and pick 3 now. Sure they got pick 3 for that same player but it's also cost them pick 7 and 34. And they obviously rated him since they forced him to sit out a year of football hoping he'd change his mind.

What;'s more they're in the process of losing two top 10 picks from 2014 (Marchbank and Pickett) for a draft pick this year that may not even be top 10

So no, they're not improving their draft position without losing quality

Do you often go bang with a wet lettuce leaf DS?
Hold up hold up, are you seriously suggesting Pickett is quality? Despite not playing a game yet and having a huge question mark over his head regarding his long term fitness with the foot injury he's carrying? If that was the case, i'm surprised you didn't advocate US making a trade for him, if you think he's valued that highly.

McCarthy hasn't played football in 12 months, despite how highly he was 'once' valued, that isn't his value now so i'd argue against calling him quality either.

Realistically Marchbank is the only decent player they are losing. (Not that i'm endorsing the trade they made with fremantle).

So they'll be cashing in on all those players. Likely a first rounder for Marchbank (pick 5 probably), as well as an upgrade for McCarthy, and also a likely 2nd round pick for Pickett who hasn't played in 2 seasons.... Ergo, they are improving their draft position.

Hold up hold up, are you seriously suggesting Pickett is quality? Despite not playing a game yet and having a huge question mark over his head regarding his long term fitness with the foot injury he's carrying? If that was the case, i'm surprised you didn't advocate US making a trade for him, if you think he's valued that highly.

McCarthy hasn't played football in 12 months, despite how highly he was 'once' valued, that isn't his value now so i'd argue against calling him quality either.

Realistically Marchbank is the only decent player they are losing. (Not that i'm endorsing the trade they made with fremantle).

So they'll be cashing in on all those players. Likely a first rounder for Marchbank (pick 5 probably), as well as an upgrade for McCarthy, and also a likely 2nd round pick for Pickett who hasn't played in 2 seasons.... Ergo, they are improving their draft position.

Would say Mcarthy is high value as his performance would indicate. If he didn't have his issues he'd be in GWS best 22. Maybe Pickett isn't high quality but remember Shuey didn't play many games in his first couple of years yet he was really highly rated within the club and losing him would have been a disaster even at the time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Unless I missed it mentioned earlier. 6pr said potential S.Mitchell on 2yr deal to then transition to coaching.

Not saying I believe it just relaying what I heard
That was Hagdorn

He dreamt it up

****ing idiot (him, not you)

If you want an indication of how stupid he is, at the start of the show he questioned whether Freo gave up too much in the McCarthy trade. The man is completely clueless

So in summary.

Trade pick 12 for a third tall not draft a pure midfielder.

Furnish sexual favours to clubs for Lamb third round pick.

And reboot the minds of a group without the physical traits to be the best midfield in the comp..

Let's go to draft and get our midfield.

We don't even need a ruckman. They are overrated

So we are past our window? If yes go to the draft. If we are still a chance then we need any player that can genuinely contribute next year. Doesn't matter if it is tall flanker if 2 of Duggan, Jetta or Redden can perform to expectations. If all do then it may well be happy times. Pick 12 for Mitch McGovern would be a no brainer.

You are going have a melt down on draft day if a certain young ruck prospect is on the table when it comes to our pick.

It hasn't yet but it will at the draft due to Academy / Father-Son bidding.

Setterfield is likely to be bid on before pick 12. Lets say for shits and giggles that it happens at pick 10*. GWS match, and they use pick 15 as the initial pick to starting making up the points. GWS now have pick 10 and Setterfield is taken. The original pick 10 becomes 11, 11 becomes 12 and thus our 12 takes the 13th player selected in the draft.

*The math based on St Kilda bidding pick 10, which is worth 1395 points. GWS must supply 75% of this value (1047) to make the academy selection, and their immediate next pick is always the first one to supply points. Currently that is pick 15, worth 1112 points, more than enough so it is consumed and becomes pick 10.

Things get a little more interesting if pick 8 or earlier is bid, as that will consume more than GWS' pick 15, which forces other draft pick movement.
But it realistically makes no difference to the actual order. The academy products are a set pick already and most likely are going to gws so it has no effect on the players that will/won't be available at our pick that we might be targetting. It pushes our draft pick number down but the pick is essentially the same. Free agent compensation on the other hand pushes picks downwards.

Get out of the thread idiot, you sicken me
Well what about if we trade Brown for Petrie? Then EMac for Ballantyne straight swap??

And then in the draft we should grab SPP cos I've heard he plays like Dustin Martin.

That would be a sick offseason.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. Trade Week 2016 - Live Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back