Trade Week: Rumour File

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
his preference...however can only give pick 24...adel not happy

You can't trade what you don't have.

St Kilda did this with Ball and it got them no where.

Hawthorn will put up a deal which might be a bit under true market but the Crows will have to take it or risk getting nothing. Gunston does not seem to really care what Adelaide wants.

There is no way any player will want to head to St Kilda. You don't have a coach, makes it hard to do any deals.

You can't trade what you don't have.

St Kilda did this with Ball and it got them no where.

Hawthorn will put up a deal which might be a bit under true market but the Crows will have to take it or risk getting nothing. Gunston does not seem to really care what Adelaide wants.

There is no way any player will want to head to St Kilda. You don't have a coach, makes it hard to do any deals.

well that's all just your opinion...pelchin wheeling and dealing.

who knows how strongly gunston wants to go to the hawks...he said it's his preference...not that if he doesn't get there he goes through the draft/psd...

his preference...however can only give pick 24...adel not happy

Preference is a polite way of saying ill only go here.

Judd and Warnock's preference was Carlton, Tarrant's preference was Collingwood. Gibson and Burgoyne's preference was Hawthorn. This list goes on.

Most of these trades had other teams interested with better offers, and everytime they got to their team with the lesser trade offer.

Every year its the same argument and everytime its the same result, yet this time its different somehow.

well that's all just your opinion...pelchin wheeling and dealing.

who knows how strongly gunston wants to go to the hawks...he said it's his preference...not that if he doesn't get there he goes through the draft/psd...

So who does a prosepctive player talk to?

Ummm what do you see my role being?

Whats the game plan?

You have no answers for any player as such its pretty logical that good players will steer clear until you have a coach in place.

Lol at the Giants fan talking about fair. You've only got about twenty good draft picks and all these free 17 year olds. Don't worry about the poor Tiger fans losing a gun player. Get some perspective.

lol so you think Pick 13 + O'Meara for Lids is fair? Didn't know that Lids was one of the greatest players of all time........

lol so you think Pick 13 + O'Meara for Lids is fair? Didn't know that Lids was one of the greatest players of all time........

Also didn't realize O'Meara was the greatest player of all time. :rolleyes:

Deledio has played 150 games only missing from memory 3 or 4 games in his 6 year career, he is also a previously a #1 draft pick who has performed exceptionally well despite being drafted into a piss poor team.

GWS would cream there pants to have such a talented young player on there list who is a proven AFL star, would be GWS best player by a country mile, O'Meara may be highly rated as a junior but so was Tambling.

Heck I wouldn't even trade Deledio for O'Meara and Pick 13, to much uncertainty with draft picks an a 17 year old kid in which anything can happen from now and until he debuts.

If O'Meara is THAT good (ie. better than the majority of players currently playing AFL), why would GWS trade any of the u17 picks this year? Chances are they will finish last next year and therefore can draft him with pick 1, no?

If O'Meara is THAT good (ie. better than the majority of players currently playing AFL), why would GWS trade any of the u17 picks this year? Chances are they will finish last next year and therefore can draft him with pick 1, no?

Unless Port, Brisbane or Gold Coast tank and get a priority pick..
and if O'Meara's there they will tank. I remember the Natinui cup.

Get off your high horse, unless Goddard walks to GWS what other offer has been better than Deledio? You have to trade these U17 players don't you? So basically you would be giving up pick 13 for a no1 pick in his prime.

I want Lids to stay anyhow....

Because we have 4 picks next year and they "devalue". Not a smart move trading wise. Plus if Port don't win too many games...they'll have the first pick because of the priority system (If they have 2 years in a row where they less than 5 wins, they get the priority pick at the start of the draft)

lol. No way O'Meara + Pick 13 for Lids is fair. Even if it was a straight swap between the two, the Giants would probaley go with another offer. Pick #4 + Middle of First Round Pick will probaley get the Suns across the line (Which seems most likely at this stage)

Clearly i said one of the fairer trades I have read- there are plenty floating around on these forums.I think if you re-read down one line you will also find I said that GWS would not pay O'Meara + Pick 13 for Lids. All fans rate their own players higher, myself included. But I think he did a pretty good job with this considering how many parties were involved.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Heard a rumor that Toovey could be coming west??

Toovey for Stevenson, like for like players except Toovey has courage.

Salary cap issues in play here and the Eagles shouldn't offer too much as they have a fair few backline smalls / mids already. Toovey would most likely be in the best 25 at the Eagles but we just have so many small backmen not getting a game ATM.

Get off your high horse, unless Goddard walks to GWS what other offer has been better than Deledio? You have to trade these U17 players don't you? So basically you would be giving up pick 13 for a no1 pick in his prime.

I want Lids to stay anyhow....

Pick #4 + Middle of First Round Compo for O'Meara...............

God the overrating of this O'Meara kid is giving me the irrits.

A first rounder and Brett Deledio would be enough to get 90 per cent of the blokes in the league.

What About
Gunston For Sam Reid
or
Gunston For Dylan Addison

Have heard something first hand from someone in the know that is of interest to Bulldogs fans. I've been told that they have Aaron Joseph from Carlton on the cheap and have for some time. Will be very suprised if this is proven to be wrong considering my source. Could be a good get but I can't see him doing anything other than being a fringe player? Source is i'm related to a major player in the Bullies recruiting team. shh.

Anyhoo.. I hope don't lose Ellard or Armfield as rumoured. Bower for Roberton maybe?

God the overrating of this O'Meara kid is giving me the irrits.

A first rounder and Brett Deledio would be enough to get 90 per cent of the blokes in the league.

I think what was suggested was O'meara and #13 for Deledio, DOP.

In the normal scheme of things, you'd say no, but this is a Sheedy driven thing going on. Who knows, but remember that GWS do have to off-load.
Is Deledio better than a #4 from GC?

GWS dont have to offload this year. They can choose to offload all 4 next season. Doing this would mean that they can a chance to draft JOM because they are most likely to finish last and get pick #1. This IMO is still a viable option

Have heard something first hand from someone in the know that is of interest to Bulldogs fans. I've been told that they have Aaron Joseph from Carlton on the cheap and have for some time. Will be very suprised if this is proven to be wrong considering my source. Could be a good get but I can't see him doing anything other than being a fringe player? Source is i'm related to a major player in the Bullies recruiting team. shh.

Anyhoo.. I hope don't lose Ellard or Armfield as rumoured. Bower for Roberton maybe?

We've just signed Joseph.
Why do you think we'd quit him now?

GWS dont have to offload this year. They can choose to offload all 4 next season. Doing this would mean that they can a chance to draft JOM because they are most likely to finish last and get pick #1. This IMO is still a viable option

The mini-draft is next week.
My understanding is that bidding goes on with best offers accepted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back