Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GiantForce

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2011
AFL Club
GWS
All trade week news about the Giants to go in here! Most of our action will be around the Mini draft picks and the prelisted players. Will be very interesting

CONFIRMED TRADES:
#1:
Giants Gain: Pick #14
Richmond Gain: Steven Morris (Pre Listed Player), Pick #15

#2:
Giants Gain: Pick #25
Collingwood Gain: Marty Clarke, Jamie Elliot, Pick #67

#3:
Giants Gain: Pick #4, Middle of First Round Compensation Pick
Gold Coast Gain: Mini Draft Pick #1, Pick #31

#4:
Giants Gain: Pick #20
St. Kilda Gain: Terry Milera (Pre Listed Player), Amhed Saad (Pre Listed Player), Pick #25

#5:
Giants Gain: End of First Round Compensation Pick
Fremantle Gain: Pick #20

#6:
Giants Gain: Pick #10, Middle of First Round Compensation Pick
Adelaide Gain: Mini Draft Pick #2, Luke Brown (Pre Listed Player)

You would think the C.Cornes, D.Brogan, L.Power trades would happen relatively early wouldn't you?

No. We won't trade for them. We will get them as pre listed players (provided Port and brisbane come to their senses and delist them). We won't/should not give anything for them

No. We won't trade for them. We will get them as pre listed players (provided Port and brisbane come to their senses and delist them). We won't/should not give anything for them

I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for them to come to their senses, although I totally agree GWS should not have to give anything. All 3 players were made abundantly aware they were not required players in the senior side, so chose to retire.

It's like piling some old furniture on the kerb for the council to collect in a clean-up and when somebody takes a fancy to a piece and loads it on their ute, you come running out the front door and try to sell it to them....

I wouldn't be holding my breath waiting for them to come to their senses, although I totally agree GWS should not have to give anything. All 3 players were made abundantly aware they were not required players in the senior side, so chose to retire.

It's like piling some old furniture on the kerb for the council to collect in a clean-up and when somebody takes a fancy to a piece and loads it on their ute, you come running out the front door and try to sell it to them....

Im not :(

But they want them signed as uncontracted players, not for the compo, but for the protection from the Giants poaching next year. Small chance that we may consider doing it with Port because there list is that horrible. But certainly not with Brisbane

We are never going to get too much out these pre listed players, the clubs were trading with will dictate these deals with the prelisted player because they can easily get them in the drafts. So upgrading a first round pick is nice (even if it's only 1 pick).

First Round Picks now (9 out of the Top 14):
1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14

We might snag Collingwood's first rounder with Marty Clarke (Collingwood are very keen to get the Irish lad back to their club). Would be nice if we got that deal out of the way early

From Jon Ralph: Pies have done the deal on Marty Clarke to return to Australia. Give up their first pick to GWS and get him and another kid Jamie Elliott

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was just about to do that. Good deal for both clubs!

Now confirmed by the club:
SECOND GIANT TRADE: @Collingwood_FC receive Marty Clarke&Jamie Elliott (small fwd from Bushrangers)&our pick 67 for their pick 25 #tradeweek

EDIT: Gee, we're getting a lot of the first 2 rounds, heavy with kids!

10 First Round Draft Picks now:1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13, 14, 25

Only reason we may have given away Pick #67 is because by that stage we may not need it. But that said, why give it to Collingwood? Maybe Collingwood weren't to keen on giving up their first rounder

Cheers for the business gents (and ladies too).

^^^ Pick 67 was of no use to you guys by then but for us it still acts as a live pick which is why you threw it in as a sweetener.

Rumour says that Gold Coast are prepared to consider trading pick 4 as part of the deal to get Jaeger O'Meara in the mini-draft. If that happens, we'll have all of the first 5 picks.

Rumour says that Gold Coast are prepared to consider trading pick 4 as part of the deal to get Jaeger O'Meara in the mini-draft. If that happens, we'll have all of the first 5 picks.

Been known for a while now GFC ;). Apartently there's talk of them adding in a good compensation pick aswell.

Also alot of talk of Jag going down to Melbourne for the Scully compensation picks + a sweetner (Like Warnock...we really need a mature KPB to help Davis out for 2-3 years)

Coniglio, Shiel, Treloar, O'Meara, Scully, Ward, Tyson - WHAT A MIDFIELD!!!!!! :D

Yep and you just need a forward who can put it on the board.

I felt for Gold Coast a number of times where they just couldnt convert midfield dominance. You guys could win quarters in general play with that midfield but it gets demoralising to the detriment of the work rate if its not put on the board.

Yep and you just need a forward who can put it on the board.

I felt for Gold Coast a number of times where they just couldnt convert midfield dominance. You guys could win quarters in general play with that midfield but it gets demoralising to the detriment of the work rate if its not put on the board.

Patton will take a while to develop and I reckon Folau will have a good crack at it. I'm more excited about Curtly Hampton than any of our other kids, will be the General, setting up plays off half back and has a great boot.

Giantforce you can add Patton,Wingard and Longer as well if GWS get the 1st 5 picks. Port would be pissed as they would want a chance at a few of these

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back