Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS really need to offload some of these early picks now and sign a cpl of guns before trades week ends. They surely can't go into next season with so few experienced big bodies... I realize they can sign more season but they need to protect the kids next season or they aren't going to make it through the year?

GWS really need to offload some of these early picks now and sign a cpl of guns before trades week ends. They surely can't go into next season with so few experienced big bodies... I realize they can sign more season but they need to protect the kids next season or they aren't going to make it through the year?

They'll get Cornes and Brogan, Power, McDonald, Davis, Ward, Palmer, Scully and if you want to follow rumours Ladson...One of the GWS nuts could correct me if i missed one...

Bock, Brennan, Harbrow, Ablett, Riscatelli, Fraser, Brown, Krakour.

Thats 8-8, 9 if ladson comes onboard. More quality on yours yes, but your point could of been said about your club as well...

Giants will likely get Ladson. Sam Reid (Bulldogs) wants to join his mate Callan the Giants. So we might get another 2.

Cornes/Brogan/Power will be done hopefully, if not they'll nominate for the national draft and we'll pick them up with our last 3 picks.

We'll keep a few pre listed guys (Like Kris Pendlebury, etc. How he is not in the AFL is beyond me. Good solid defender). We'll have some expirenced bodies next season folks. Don't worry

The rumored deal between Giants/Adelaide (acording to Emma Quayle)

Giants:
Pick #10
Middle of First Round Compensation Pick

Adelaide:
2nd Mini Draft Pick
Luke Brown (Pre Listed)
---
That would give us Picks 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 25 in the first round plus 2 middle of first round compensation picks. So 11 out of the first 14. We can afford to give up 2 of those picks for a gun player which we need! I would love us to try and trade for one.

They'll get Cornes and Brogan, Power, McDonald, Davis, Ward, Palmer, Scully and if you want to follow rumours Ladson...One of the GWS nuts could correct me if i missed one...

Bock, Brennan, Harbrow, Ablett, Riscatelli, Fraser, Brown, Krakour.

Thats 8-8, 9 if ladson comes onboard. More quality on yours yes, but your point could of been said about your club as well...
If we are talking just bigger/older bodies

Harris, Coad and to a lesser extent Iles and Stanley can probably be counted as well.

11 of the first 14 is going a bit overboard surely. We can let three of those picks go for a gun. But it looks like no one wants to deal anything in trade week anymore, especially given the 12 17 yo's are out, this draft is compromised anyway

Gram, Lynch, Pick #20 for MDP #2?

lol. We would we want a 27yr old with quite a few injuries and a dud kid? No chance
TRADE: GWS exchange pre-listed players Terry Milera (Port Magpies) and Ahmed Saad (Northern Bullants), plus pick 25, for St Kilda's pick 20.

Well you got our pick 20 but pretty happy with it from our end.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#1:
Giants Gain: Pick #14
Richmond Gain: Steven Morris (Pre Listed Player), Pick #15

#2:
Giants Gain: Pick #25
Collingwood Gain: Marty Clarke, Jamie Elliot, Pick #67

#3:
Giants Gain: Pick #4, Middle of First Round Compensation Pick
Gold Coast Gain: Mini Draft Pick #1, Pick #31

#4:
Giants Gain: Pick #20
St. Kilda Gain: Terry Milera (Pre Listed Player), Amhed Saad (Pre Listed Player), Pick #25

#5:
Giants Gain: End of First Round Compensation Pick
Fremantle Gain: Pick #20
---
Our First Round Draft Picks:
End of First Round Compensation Pick
*Still yet to trade Mini Draft Pick #2

I'm a little confused -

we give Collingwood Clarke, Elliot and pick 67 for pick 25.

we give that pick 25, Saad and Milera to St Kilda for pick 20.

we give that pick 20 to Freo for the Rhrys Palmer compo pick which could be almost anything in a future draft depending on how Freo goes.

So essentially we have given Clarke, Elliot, Saad, Milera and pick 67 for a mid first round compo pick that we don't know what it is somewhere down the track.

strange.

I'm a little confused -

we give Collingwood Clarke, Elliot and pick 67 for pick 25.

we give that pick 25, Saad and Milera to St Kilda for pick 20.

we give that pick 20 to Freo for the Rhrys Palmer compo pick which could be almost anything in a future draft depending on how Freo goes.

So essentially we have given Clarke, Elliot, Saad, Milera and pick 67 for a mid first round compo pick that we don't know what it is somewhere down the track.

strange.

No point in have 1000 picks this draft...we want a good spread of picks across the next 3 years. Very good move considering talent drops away at around pick 20-30

And it's also good to develop goodwill in trades with other clubs ;)

We were always going to get unders for these pre-listed players, but as mentioned spreading the picks across other drafts and moving up a few spots in this draft can't hurt

Sam Reid (Bulldogs) to join his mate Callan Ward at the Giants for compensation pick!!! Surely it'd be the Palmer pick and surely Reid would bring along a 2nd/3rd round pick with him

Or maybe we did a Brennan style trade. Dogs release him to Giants and get a 2nd round compo and Giants get him for free

Giants twitter saying Sam Reid will join the club at the fifth uncontracted player signing, that makes it sound like a straight signing, no trade?

edit: beat me to it!

Giants Gain:
Pick #10

Adelaide Gain:
Mini Draft Pick #2
Luke Brown (Pre Listed Player)

Happy with that

11 of the first 14 picks. Something tells me GWS will pull a big name by the end of the trade period. Can afford to lose 2 or 3 of those first rounders, heck, they could probably afford to lose 5 and get 3 absolute guns, but it's not very realistic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back