Remove this Banner Ad

So the breakdown is that we brought in:

Sam Reid
Luke Power
Dean Brogan
Chad Cornes

We also held on to 2 of our prelisted players in:

Adam Kennedy and Tim Mohr

And while of course we have picks 1,2,3,4,5,7,9,10,11,13,14.

We also have picks 56 and 85 which we will most likely use to bring in a couple of experience players

Perhaps that may include the likes of Kris Pendlbury or Rick Ladson.

And on that basis our side could look like this:

B: Davis, Hombsch, Mohr
HB: Cornes, Ladson, K. Pendlbury
C: Palmer, Ward, Macdonald
HF: Power, Coniglio, S.Reid
F: Patton, Bruce, Folau
R: Brogan, Scully, Shiel
IC: Trelor, Bugg, Cameron, Kennedy
Very hard to do a Best 22 considering we will have a lot of talented guys rotate through the season. We have heaps of guys who would be in the Top 10 of the draft this year already at the club (Hampton, Hombsch, Shiel, Treloar, Cameron) plus the guys like Coniglio, Patton, Tyson, Wingard, Longer (Likely Top 5 this year). Not to mention Picks 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 in this years draft.

Cornes, Mohr, Hombsch, Ladson, Davis, KPendlebury, Casley, Aylett (LTI) all competing for spots in the backline with maybe midfielders like Hampton, Ugle and Bugg on the HFF every so often

Coniglio, Shiel, Treloar, Tyson, Wingard, Kennedy, Palmer, Scully, Ward, Golds, McDonald to fight it over the midfield spots

Cameron, Patton, Folau, Bruce to compete as the KPF. SReid and Power to play small forwards up front. A midfielder might come in and play a small forward every so often.

Longer, Brogan, Giles to compete over the ruck spots.

Very hard to do a Best 22 considering we will have a lot of talented guys rotate through the season. We have heaps of guys who would be in the Top 10 of the draft this year already at the club (Hampton, Hombsch, Shiel, Treloar, Cameron) plus the guys like Coniglio, Patton, Tyson, Wingard, Longer (Likely Top 5 this year). Not to mention Picks 7, 9, 10, 11, 13, 14 in this years draft.

Cornes, Mohr, Hombsch, Ladson, Davis, KPendlebury, Casley, Aylett (LTI) all competing for spots in the backline with maybe midfielders like Hampton, Ugle and Bugg on the HFF every so often

Coniglio, Shiel, Treloar, Tyson, Wingard, Kennedy, Palmer, Scully, Ward, Golds, McDonald to fight it over the midfield spots

Cameron, Patton, Folau, Bruce to compete as the KPF. SReid and Power to play small forwards up front. A midfielder might come in and play a small forward every so often.

Longer, Brogan, Giles to compete over the ruck spots.

To be honest, next year I don't think you will have a "best 22". Would imagine you would do what Gold Coast did this year, managing the kids workload, giving just about everyone a taste. Might be a bit harder for you guys to do than what it was for Gold Coast since the players you recruited are also young blokes and some with previous injury problems so they will have to be managed carefully too. Combine all this with the fact that McDonald, Cornes, Brogan and Power will all need to be rested fairly often, it will feel like a revolving door at the selection table this year!

Having said that, after seeing Geelong use a similar tactic this year very successfully, don't be surprised if you're not the only team doing this. Good luck for next year, will be good to see a team in Western Sydney taking our game to new areas.

PS: please leave Wingard for pick 6.

To be honest, next year I don't think you will have a "best 22". Would imagine you would do what Gold Coast did this year, managing the kids workload, giving just about everyone a taste. Might be a bit harder for you guys to do than what it was for Gold Coast since the players you recruited are also young blokes and some with previous injury problems so they will have to be managed carefully too. Combine all this with the fact that McDonald, Cornes, Brogan and Power will all need to be rested fairly often, it will feel like a revolving door at the selection table this year!

Having said that, after seeing Geelong use a similar tactic this year very successfully, don't be surprised if you're not the only team doing this. Good luck for next year, will be good to see a team in Western Sydney taking our game to new areas.

PS: please leave Wingard for pick 6.

That's what I'm saying. Those guys I said will be rotated through. They'll fight it out for the first few games where we will probaley play the best side possible, but after that those + some more will be rotated through

That's what I'm saying. Those guys I said will be rotated through. They'll fight it out for the first few games where we will probaley play the best side possible, but after that those + some more will be rotated through

Fair enough, but on ladson I think if we pick him up it will be as a mature aged rookie as if we pick him up in the main draft he will count as a uncontracted player and I think its safe to say there are better options then ladson for an uncontracted player.

So it will be interesting how we use our last two picks in the draft and for that matter the type of players we go with on the rookie list, but thats more a topic for a draft thread so I will leave it at that.

Power could easily play 22 games. Got the body and got the talent which is different to the other 3. It will be a co-captain sort of thing. Maybe 3 co-captains Ward, Davis, Power with the leadership group made up of those three plus Scully, Brogan, Cornes, McDonald

Fair enough, but on ladson I think if we pick him up it will be as a mature aged rookie as if we pick him up in the main draft he will count as a uncontracted player and I think its safe to say there are better options then ladson for an uncontracted player.

So it will be interesting how we use our last two picks in the draft and for that matter the type of players we go with on the rookie list, but thats more a topic for a draft thread so I will leave it at that.

Just discovered the following:

The AFL yesterday clarified that compensation only applied if a player quit the club and delisted himself and was taken by GWS. Players delisted by clubs are regarded as unwanted players and so the club is undeserving of compensation.

Read more: http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ky-ohailpin-20111018-1lyqx.html#ixzz1bASZWXSb

So in other words if ladson is delisted as expected by the hawks then he won't count as an uncontracted player, however for example if we picked up farren ray after he walked out from st.kilda he would count as a uncontracted player.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Week Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back