Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Godzilla!

Team Captain
Feb 13, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Who do you think we should consider trading? And what type of players do you think we should trade for or select in the draft?

Hill and Minson are the two obvious ones. Everitt to a lesser extent, with the slight possibility of Giansiracusa, (wont happen) Gilbee (NO!) and Hargrave (NO!)

There has been talk that we should have a look at Tambling, but i find that to be the dumbest thing i have heard in a while. He is a dud.

We look to be a little slow at times, so I think we should have a look at Jetta from Essendon. He improved alot this year and can play as a mid or fwd. With Harbrow leaving we need speed.

Minson is as good as gone for me. I know all clubs need 3 ruckmen to try to avoid the Hawthorn situation, but Will just isn't good enough. Huddo/Rough/Cordy will do.

Hill is behind Stack and I can't see Josh getting many games for us, and we would get something decent for him so I say we should move him on.

Cordy can't even get through a season of VFL reserves and is still nursing a busted shoulder. He's also completely undersized.

To ask him to compete at the highest level is a recipe for disaster.

Unless we trade in another experienced ruckman (and what's the point), Will won't be going anywhere.

Gilbee and Hargrave should be shopped.

Boyd and Cross don't belong in the same team together but we wouldn't dare disrupt the fabric of the team by moving one of them on :rolleyes:

Hill probably won't be there next year, same with Everitt.

We should be trading for draft picks, unless a player is available that fits our needs (Dujerrkera).

No fringe hacks from dud sides (WC, Brisbane etc).

Cordy can't even get through a season of VFL reserves and is still nursing a busted shoulder. He's also completely undersized.

To ask him to compete at the highest level is a recipe for disaster.

Unless we trade in another experienced ruckman (and what's the point), Will won't be going anywhere.

Gilbee and Hargrave should be shopped.

Boyd and Cross don't belong in the same team together but we wouldn't dare disrupt the fabric of the team by moving one of them on :rolleyes:

We should be trading for draft picks, unless a player is available that fits our needs (Dujerrkera).

Agree with majority of you post Comrade.
Minson would have currency in regards to a trade the key is can we get a mature aged ruckman from VFL/SANFL/WAFL to provide back up to Hudson and Roughead. If the answer is yes we should look to trade Minson.

Personally I'd look to trade Boyd rather than Cross, and rather Dujerrkera wouldn't we be better targeting Shannon Byrnes?

Retire/Delist : Johnson,Akermanis,Hahn,Eagleton,Callan

Trade : Hill,Stack

Upgrade Hooper and Panos

No point in cutting too deep apart from the obvious in a compromised draft,
4th and 5th round picks will be somewhere between pick 70 and 90.

Scray, you wanna keep Mulligan and Tiller on the list?? And Harbrow will be off as well so we'll have up to 9 departures this year. Moles & Hooper get upgrades (Panos to go again as a rookie), Wallis and Libba under the Father/son. Love to see us take Faulks with our first live selection (3rd round), and trade for Leroy Jetta from Essendon.

i'd love to see us take a punt at Andrew Krakouer

I always thought he was a very ordinary player at Richmond. He played one good game every 15. Too inconsistent and seemed lazy.

He was delisted by Richmond and then went to jail which wouldn't have done wonders for his careers prospects. We have been really lucky to have sold citizens and wonderful guys at the club recently. I would avoid potential troublemakers like the plague. We saw how much resources just one high maintenance player like Aker uses from the whole club.

I can't see any upside to him at all. I know we need a crumbing forward but I would look elsewhere and a bit more upmarket. Either that or through the draft.

Hill would be much better on the wide expanses of Subi. West Coast would be interested.

Dujerrkera (sp?) would be awesome, but is he available? At what cost?
It's easy enough to say NO to fringe players from West Coast and Brisbane, but Matt Rosa or Travis Johnstone might be able to bring something to our side. (TJ must only have a year or two left and I'd prefer to go with youth, but he's silky-skilled and would fill a need) (please let it be noted I do not support getting TJ, just mentioning his name as the kind of on-the-outer-type we could find. Rosa I don't know enough about.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can definitely see Hill going to WCE, but I would want a 2nd rounder in return, not a player. We could then try and send the 2nd rounder to Bris for Sherman. May need to throw a fringe player in as well (Stack??).

I dont want any of the WCE players and I dont want to use one of Harbrow's picks on Sherman.

And absolutely no interest in Krakour. Agree completely with TBFB. Very ordinary player, and that was when he was in his prime. No thanks.

we need some pace up forward, so Sherman would fit the bill. I think we either need to move Gilbee on, or reinvent him as a winger/forward similar to Eagleton's role over the past few years. He is still clever with the ball in his hand, although I must admit his kicking skills have dropped off a bit over the past 12 months.

Also, a Matt Rosa could be an interesting get as a straight swap with Josh Hill - provides an outside midfield option for the likes of Ward, Addison and Picken to feed to.

I think the main aim of our trading should be pace, pace and more pace up forward.

Sherman & McKinley might be a reasonable starting place.. Pace is what the dogs need, Sherman has it, havent seen much of McKinley though

was very interested in what people thought in terms of trades now we are done for the season.......

in my opinion....

Hill - Shop around
Minson - Shop Around (Potential for Mundy (Freo) wanting to return to vic..clearly we will have to sweeten the deal though but freo do want a ruckman)
Everitt - Shop around but id love to see him play

Money might not be as scarce as some think with many departures.....
Johnno, Eagleton, Tiller, Harborw, surely there will be more....

Hopefully we get a look in at Sherman he would fit the team nicely....

But also i would like to voice that our boys will be a force next year....Forward line has good structure with the likes of Jones, Hall, Hooper, Gia, Murphy, Grant, hopefully Little from willi :)

Oh and we should pick up Faulks like a previous poster said....Would slot into our backline perfectly.... could be Dale Morris type find ;-)

Faulks is a taller version of Morris. Needs to add some strength and improve his tank, but definitely worth taking with our 3rd rounder if hes still on the board.

Little, no thanks. We just dont need him taking game time away from Jones, Grant, Cordy etc.

McKinley. No way. Cant run. Also dont want him taking game time away from our young forwards.

Rosa. Nope. Just see him as a plodding sort of mid-tier midfielder. Doesnt have the genuine speed and penetrating kick that we need.

if we're trading Hill to WCE, I want a 2nd rounder in return.

freo looking at Fraser so probably wouldnt have any interest in Wilbur.

I hope we manage to hold on to Everitt.

I think he has struggled with confidence this year as a result of how he has been used in the team, always in for a week then straight out. He was very good at the start of the season and also his first season was very strong.

I can see him becoming the player who plays a role similar to Goddard at St.Kilda. Everitt is a creative player who can run with the ball and is a good long kick (remember in his first year the running goals from 50). He has the ability to play anywhere, use the ball well and be creative if given the chance. He could become a true utility type for us filling a number of roles as required.

If we do lose him i think we will regret it in 2-3 years.

Out's = Johnno, Aker, Tiller, Harbrow, Callan, Hill & Eagleton

Guaranteed In's (to senior list) = Moles, Libba & Wallis

Would love for us to trade Gia but no club in their right mind would even entertain it because he is the biggest passenger in the history of our football club!!

Dunno about Sherman but would be keen to look at Djerrkura to give us some extra pace in the forward line at the feet of big baz.

No interest in Rosa or McKinley....if we did this trade could turn out like another McDougall and we do not want that!!!

Really want to keep Everitt but Rocket doesn't want to play him for some reason. This year showed if you give young guys a go then they can prosper. E.g. Wood & Grant.

Thoughts?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back