Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Brisbane are trying to get the best deal for themselves, can they really be faulted for that? Maybe the Lions are eyeing someone that could go around the pick 20 mark of the draft, they will have a better chance of getting him if they have pick 21 instead of 29.

I for one, am glad Brisbane are sticking to their guns.

That's fine that Brisbane are sticking to their guns, but if a player wants out, he wants out.

I'm sure there are many Dogs supporters who want to keep Josh Hill, but I'm realistic and if he doesn't want to play for us any longer, that's fine.

I agree all clubs should get the best deal for their players, but as I said earlier, disgruntled players will just walk at the end of their contracts and the club will get nothing. Surely the Lions don't want that to happen.

I predict a deal will be done and we'll have to add a sweetener (probably a late pick).

A bit of pi55 and wind. Players genera;;y get to where they want, just the deal has to be work out. Brisbane won't want to keep someone that wants to leave, Sydney would be silly to recruit someone that doesn't want to go there. It will happen for us but we may have to do something a little different. It just depends how keen our recruiting staff is.

Yep so don't know why people are shifting their interest towards him.

Agree Ant. I'll bet my bottom dollar we won't pay that much for him, so Carlton will have to give a hell of a lot of ground for us to get Walker.

I don't understand why brisbane are holding out.

They have three high picks already.

Sydney have offered 21, we have offered a end-of-first-round pick that can be used in the next 5 years.

You still get 3 kids early this year and take an extra kid at 19 next year.

Unless Voss thinks he won't be around next year.

I don't understand why brisbane are holding out.

They have three high picks already.

Sydney have offered 21, we have offered a end-of-first-round pick that can be used in the next 5 years.

You still get 3 kids early this year and take an extra kid at 19 next year.

Unless Voss thinks he won't be around next year.

I'd say because

A Would be still offended over the crazy trades last year

B Trying to outbluff Sherman

C Sydney's offer is better

Would love to see this happen :

Combo for Sherman

Hill for a pick 30-40's
Minson to anywhere 40-50's
Stack, possibly for a player exchange.

So we then have:
Wallis :D
Libba :D
30-40's - Speedy winger
40's-50's - KPB
Pick 74

Then i would'nt mind seeing another punt at a KPF on our rookie list.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades and draft selections

Remove this Banner Ad

Back