Trades Announced over Weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

So let me get this straight, Clubs can trade and do everything they normally do during a normal trade week day but the AFL won't process them until Monday morning?

What kind of crap is this? Didn't the AFL know that trade week was on this weekend??? Couldn't they have gotten a few (if not all of them) to work those 3 hours over the weekend to allow trades to be lodged???

What a shit organization the AFL is, ****ing embarrassing really.

Not 100% but you would assume the AFL needs to ratify the trades during the weekend to allow for on-trading of any picks traded.

Otherwise clubs will have to wait until Monday to find out if their deal is "in the spirit of the rules" before subsequent deals can be struck.

Not 100% but you would assume the AFL needs to ratify the trades during the weekend to allow for on-trading of any picks traded.

Otherwise clubs will have to wait until Monday to find out if their deal is "in the spirit of the rules" before subsequent deals can be struck.

good point...

So let me get this straight, Clubs can trade and do everything they normally do during a normal trade week day but the AFL won't process them until Monday morning?

What kind of crap is this? Didn't the AFL know that trade week was on this weekend??? Couldn't they have gotten a few (if not all of them) to work those 3 hours over the weekend to allow trades to be lodged???

What a shit organization the AFL is, ****ing embarrassing really.

Calm down kid... Who said the AFL wont process over weekend? I think the AFL is pretty used to working on weekends. Maybe that wont announce because the clubs will not want announced as players have weekend off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Calm down kid... Who said the AFL wont process over weekend? I think the AFL is pretty used to working on weekends. Maybe that wont announce because the clubs will not want announced as players have weekend off.

No YOU calm down!!!!

smugdoc.jpg

Anyway,

In the middle of trade week? And while we are at it, since when do players have weekends off? Either they are playing matches for the AFL or playing matches for their local league affiliate or they are in rehab recovering from an injury, why would this change of all times now, In the middle of trade week.

No YOU calm down!!!!

smugdoc.jpg

Anyway,

In the middle of trade week? And while we are at it, since when do players have weekends off? Either they are playing matches for the AFL or playing matches for their local league affiliate or they are in rehab recovering from an injury, why would this change of all times now, In the middle of trade week.

Because ITS NOT THE FOOTY SEASON!!!!!!! Wow I really cant believe you asked that.

Some players are even still on leave.

From the CBA 2007 - 2011
6.1 Subject to paragraph 6.3, a Player shall be entitled to a minimum period of leave of absence, from all employment obligations with his AFL Club, of eight weeks (ie 56 days) commencing from the date of the last Match contested by his AFL Club or in the case where the last Match contested was held overseas, six weeks from the date of that Match (“the leave period”).
An additional one week period of leave shall be provided for the period
commencing 23 December and ceasing 1 January (inclusive) the following year.

Because ITS NOT THE FOOTY SEASON!!!!!!! Wow I really cant believe you asked that.

Some players are even still on leave.

From the CBA 2007 - 2011
6.1 Subject to paragraph 6.3, a Player shall be entitled to a minimum period of leave of absence, from all employment obligations with his AFL Club, of eight weeks (ie 56 days) commencing from the date of the last Match contested by his AFL Club or in the case where the last Match contested was held overseas, six weeks from the date of that Match (“the leave period”).
An additional one week period of leave shall be provided for the period
commencing 23 December and ceasing 1 January (inclusive) the following year.

That's all very good and ture but if you are a player looking for a trade to keep your career alive or want to get to your desired team and a team requests a medical during trade week do you really think they will say ''Sorry mate, I'm on holidays as per the CBA 2007 - 2011 Clause 6.1 Subject to paragraph 6.3''

No, they won't they will try to go to wherever they need to go to to have that medical ala Maric/Seaby this year.

So if the players/managers/teams are all working on the weekend trying to sort out trades, why couldn't the lazy AFL organise to have someone there to lodge the trades so as to enable the teams to better orchestrate trade week and allow future trades to occur. Because at the moment, even though teams are doing their business they can't know if the trade has been accepted or not, which could lead to trouble when Monday Morning comes if a team has promised a pick/play to a team assuming a trade will go through, then be vetoed by the boofheads at AFL house ala the 'mega trade'.

2 days isn't too much to ask considering the importance of trade week is it mate?

Last year trade week didn't run over into the weekend, it finished on the Friday. It is only happening this year to accommodate the GWS mini-draft.

I thought it Finshed on Monday because of the Drawn GF

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades Announced over Weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Back