Trades/Delistings/Recruitment Part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please show me the article where Daniel Jackson has signed for two years, coz I havent read it.
I hope we trade him! and i was just thinking the other day , why hasnt he re-signed.
I might wrong.
DT wont get them all right as things change by the hour in Trading week, but he did say last week that Morriss had signed a heads of agreement with us. SO he must have a source somewhere.
I would assume that Morriss signed a contract with Tigers last week once deal was done with GWS.

we give adelaide our first pick, compo pick and connors.
adelaide give us maric and dangerfield.

richmond gain: maric dangerfield
richmond loss: first pick, compo pick, connors

if necassary we throw our 3rd pick as well as a sweetner or upgrade there 4th with our 3rd.

I reckon that's a bit too much.

first pick, connors and 3rd pick for Maric and Dangerfield.

We keep the compo pick.

I'd be happy to be out of the first round of the draft if we got Dangerfield. Can't see it happening though.

Just letting you all know that I have to make it very clear that im not 100% sure about this but Im going to make some more stuff up this afternoon.
Think this is what Deepthroat was meant to write. :D:eek::p

I think we'd all agree on that, but it doesn't help me understand how you see that eventuating? I imagine the club sees Maric as someone who can compete for a few years, and do it better than Gus, and at minimal cost.

I'm optimistic they will also have a longer term plan in mind, whatever that may entail.

I don't see there being any silver bullet. Unless you're prepared to outline your proposed solution to our ruck woes, I can't see that you're adding to the debate by simply repeating the view that Maric is no good, and we need better than him etc.
With all due respect damo , I have stated upon this thread that I have received information to suggest the club may be onto a ruckman , however are not going to go into further details as not only may it hinder the clubs chances but would also severly break the trust of where the info come from . Disclosing my proposed solution to our ruck woes may further give an indication , which I am not going to do on here nor am I going to do via PM or any other means which those that have asks are aware of !
I haven't said Maric is no good if simply tried to point out that IMO he is not the answer to our number 1 ruck options . The only argument I have read against this is that he is an upgrade on Angus Graham , who remains contracted for next year . IMO the club wishes to upgrade players it needs to e able to remove the players the incoming player is an upgrade on or other wise we are wasting spots which could be used to develop future players !

With all due respect , damo I have stated upon this thread that I have received information to suggest the club may be onto a ruckman , however are not going to go into further details as not only may it hinder the clubs chances but would also severly break the trust of where the info come from . Disclosing my proposed solution to our ruck woes may further give an indication , which I am not going to do on here nor am I going to do via PM or any other means which those that have asks are aware of !
I haven't said Maric is no good if simply tried to point out that IMO he is not the answer to our number 1 ruck options . The only argument I have read against this is that he is an upgrade on Angus Graham , who remains contracted for next year . IMO the club wishes to upgrade players it needs to e able to remove the players the incoming player is an upgrade on or either wise we are wasting spots for future development of players within other areas !

At least give us a clue !

Out of state club player ?

Vic player? / is he quality ?

Can someone please show me the article where Daniel Jackson has signed for two years, coz I havent read it.
I hope we trade him! and i was just thinking the other day , why hasnt he re-signed.
I might wrong.
DT wont get them all right as things change by the hour in Trading week, but he did say last week that Morriss had signed a heads of agreement with us. SO he must have a source somewhere.
I would assume that Morriss signed a contract with Tigers last week once deal was done with GWS.

Pretty sure it was on the club website. Trust me, i'd like nothing more than for him to be traded, but, yeah, two more years of wacko jacko:thumbsdown:

With all due respect damo , I have stated upon this thread that I have received information to suggest the club may be onto a ruckman , however are not going to go into further details as not only may it hinder the clubs chances but would also severly break the trust of where the info come from . Disclosing my proposed solution to our ruck woes may further give an indication , which I am not going to do on here nor am I going to do via PM or any other means which those that have asks are aware of !
I haven't said Maric is no good if simply tried to point out that IMO he is not the answer to our number 1 ruck options . The only argument I have read against this is that he is an upgrade on Angus Graham , who remains contracted for next year . IMO the club wishes to upgrade players it needs to e able to remove the players the incoming player is an upgrade on or other wise we are wasting spots which could be used to develop future players !

Just out of interest when will you tell us? The start of trade week? Or if it comes out in the media or after it happens or trade week if it doesnt eventuate.

Pretty sure it was on the club website. Trust me, i'd like nothing more than for him to be traded, but, yeah, two more years of wacko jacko:thumbsdown:

No it hasn't, it has never been reported that he has re-signed for 2 more years, people got wind of that because a journo who attended the B&F function apparently had spoken to Jackson and he said he was hoping (I think that was the word used) for a 2 year deal.

With all due respect damo , I have stated upon this thread that I have received information to suggest the club may be onto a ruckman , however are not going to go into further details as not only may it hinder the clubs chances but would also severly break the trust of where the info come from .
Thanks - I have a memory like a sieve, but now that you mention it, I do recall you mentioning this! And I'll add, that my... badgering, was done with respect :D

Now that you've reminded me of the above, it helps me see where you're coming from. So I assume we're talking about a higher cost, but genuine upgrade type scenario (that doesn't give away anything, right?)

If that's the case, I'm not sure the point in pursuing Maric, other than as a back up in case the bigger name trade falls through. One thing I certainly agree with is that we have a number of back up rucks already, so if we can land a genuine top line ruck, the need for Maric is about nil.

No it hasn't, it has never been reported that he has re-signed for 2 more years, people got wind of that because a journo who attended the B&F function apparently had spoken to Jackson and he said he was hoping (I think that was the word used) for a 2 year deal.

Interesting, i'll have to double check that. I hope you are correct and i am wrong.

There has been no official announcement regarding Jackson, all speculation so far

Yep, it's quite interesting when you think about it, surely if the club felt like Jackson was a required player they would have signed him up already?

I have a sneaking suspicion that both Tuck and Jackson will be put on the trade table and offered to clubs in contention for a flag and both the new expansion clubs for senior bodies.

Caroline Wilson wrote this article on September 1.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-ne...ck-port-signs-young-stars-20110831-1jm4c.html

THE oft-debated future of veteran Shane Tuck at Richmond has taken a positive turn with the Tigers opening negotiations with the 29-year-old for a new one-year contract.
Richmond football boss Craig Cameron confirmed last night he had moved to re-sign Tuck after the defender had become out of contract by failing to play the required senior games to automatically remain at the club next season.

Cameron said he had opened negotiations two days ago with Tuck's manager, Liam Pickering. The club is also understood to be close to finalising new two-year deals with Jake King and Robin Nahas. King, suspended in controversial circumstances this week, also had a 16-game trigger clause that he has achieved for 2012 but should instead receive a revised two-year offer.

Yet over a month later no news on him re-signing. :confused:

Going to be a very interesting trade week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lol please do tell how you speaking on a rumour forum would hinder the clubs chances.....sorry mate it's big footy not the trade table!

I understand though you don't want to divulge to keep the trust of the guy that gave you the info, just had to laugh at the first part.

Out:

Conca
Foley
Connors
Morton
McGuane
Jackson
Thursfield

In:

Walters
O'Meara
Nicky Dal
Nicholls
Maric
McInnes

Will not happen. And why the hell would we trade Conca?

Maric we will get. Haven't heard any updates on Walters. O'meara and Nicky Dal are out of reach. Nicholls for Mcguane? Who's McInnes??

Lol please do tell how you speaking on a rumour forum would hinder the clubs chances.....sorry mate it's big footy not the trade table!

I understand though you don't want to divulge to keep the trust of the guy that gave you the info, just had to laugh at the first part.

Yea your probably right the media wouldn't get on here to get some of their info .
The player is
You sneaky bugger amcre

DeepThroat was full of exciting stories last year and they turned out to be complete hogwash. By all means read them for entertainment value but I doubt he actually has any inside information at all.

As for losing our first round picks, it's worth it for a good player and Dangerfield would fit the bill. But if he is on the market then surely all hell would break loose on the Adelaide side and a bidding war would start that we could not win.

Pace to Freeze may have the scoop on a ruckman, but if they are a genuine gun then you'd have to expect another bidding war once word got out, unless we are going to trade someone in our top 5 or so players, and that would seem unlikely unless the player wants to go.

It would have to be something like Deledio for Kreuzer, and that would cause both our boards (if not clubs!) to self destruct. Would be kind of amusing to watch as an outsider I must admit.

I still dont know where all this talk of Dangerfield or Gaff are coming from.

Seriously doubt that any of those two players will leave their respective clubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back