Trades- Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

In: McKernan, Out: Puopolo (I know, shutup)

You didn't really need to make this trade this week unless you need McKernan to start for you.

McKernan doesn't get a price rise for a couple of weeks, so you could have waited another week to evaluate his performance, make sure he doesn't pick up an injury, and make sure he's named next week and Puopolo isn't. Puopolo must be pretty close because he's an emergency this week.

this week, two trades then let my team sit for a a couple rounds

Foley > Libba
Anthony > Pendelbury

sensible trades i think. No one can see anthony staying in the team, not liking him being used as a sub although when he does get on the field he racks up nice points

I have 24 trades left and the following rookie priced players in forwards and mids...

Mids: Swallow, Conca, Libba, Harris, Heppell and Prestia

Fwds: Richardson, Darling, Matera

I'm not in a dire situation as all are playing, just not scoring that great. My only thoughts are leading me to trade Conca for Curnow, but is this a wasted trade? I'm umming and arring about it, and can't make up my mind. I would like Tapscott too, but no forwards need trading there.

I'm only making 1 trade, if any, and have disregarded any trades for defence or rucks as there are no glaring weaknesses apart from Toy not playing and Broughton's early form.

Thoughts?

I would pull the trigger Bruce looks to be playing a lockdown role.

I have a similar question Broughton to Enright???

In my opinion that will end up being a sideways trade come seasons end.

The same though crossed my mind earlier this week, however:

- Enright has yet to cop a tag. He struggled towards the second half of last season when he copped a forward tag and expect the same thing to happen this season.

- Broughton has been playing a defensive role in the opening 2 rounds. It won't continue.

- In Broughtons last two matches against Adelaide he averages 118.5 with a 120 and a 117

- He's named on the HBF this week as compared to the BP as he has been the last 2 weeks.

Do you think I should bring Curnow into this midfield? Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Goodes, Libba, Foley, Savage, Irons, Prestia. I just used one trade to bring in Libba for Atley. Thinking of dumping Foley for Curnow before Foleys price starts to fall, but then thats a lot of rooks I'll have.

I went Matera > Tapscott and swapped Fyfe > Tapscott this round.
If you're not going to play Fyfe why didn't you just trade Fyfe out for Tapscott.

Bad trade is bad.

I have 24 trades left and the following rookie priced players in forwards and mids...

Mids: Swallow, Conca, Libba, Harris, Heppell and Prestia

Fwds: Richardson, Darling, Matera

I'm not in a dire situation as all are playing, just not scoring that great. My only thoughts are leading me to trade Conca for Curnow, but is this a wasted trade? I'm umming and arring about it, and can't make up my mind. I would like Tapscott too, but no forwards need trading there.

I'm only making 1 trade, if any, and have disregarded any trades for defence or rucks as there are no glaring weaknesses apart from Toy not playing and Broughton's early form.

Thoughts?
Sorry guys, thoughts?

Essentially Conca to Curnow as first trade for year?

Do you think I should bring Curnow into this midfield? Swan, Boyd, Bartel, Goodes, Libba, Foley, Savage, Irons, Prestia. I just used one trade to bring in Libba for Atley. Thinking of dumping Foley for Curnow before Foleys price starts to fall, but then thats a lot of rooks I'll have.
Have you thought about gettin Harris into the side? IMO he is more of a must-have than Curnow, and is priced the same IIRC. He will have the greatest job security of all rookie-priced mids I think.

That said, his price will not rise for another week so you don't need to trade him in this week unless you need to preserve Foley's price.

Sorry guys, thoughts?

Essentially Conca to Curnow as first trade for year?

It's not really a "wasted" trade since you'll still have 23 left. I have used two trades this week correcting rookie picks so I don't miss out on Libba/Curnow/Tapscott/etc. I say do it. :thumbsu:

Will be trading Atley who, whilst he may be a good player in due course, isn't a good DT scorer at this stage.

The 3 players I'm looking at are Curnow, Liberatore and Bewick - nothing out of the ordinary with these selections.

I just can't decide which one to bring in.

The other issue is Hibberd. He's useful for DP purposes - but I think I'd be better off trading him out for a rookie who is set to have a few significant price rises, then trading him back in when he works his way into the Essendon team, pocketing a nice profit in the process.

So that's 2 to trade out, 3 potential 'ins'.

How would you rank them?

I think Bewick has the best JS of the 3, but he doesn't seem to be as prolific a scorer as the other two.

Some thoughts would be appreciated.

Thought I'd raise this one again.

So I've decided to pass on Bewick, I'd like to get him but his price rise won't be as rapid as Curnow and Libba which is not what I am looking for.

It's now out of Curnow/Libba. If I trade both Atley and Hibberd, then my decision is simple.

But one thing that I've not thought of until now was getting Tapscott in my team. I've been looking at bringing him in all week but with Krakouer, McKernan, Richardson, Matera and Darling - I can't really justify trading any of them out. Perhaps McKernan, but it doesn't feel right after his very solid round 1 score.

The other option for bringing in Tapscott is using the DP link to switch Krakouer or a premium forward into the mids, move Prestia into the forwards and trade him to Tapscott. Prestia was solid on Saturday night, but is Tapscott too good a cash cow to pass up?

That option would mean I start Krak and Harris in the mids (Swallow, Curnow/Libba, Hibberd/Atley on the bench) and 2 of Tapscott, Darling, Matera, Richardson and McKernan in the forward line. That's 1 more forward rookie on the field than I currently have.

Would really appreciate some input into this one. At the moment I'm thinking of bypassing Tapscott because I'm not entirely comfortable getting rid of Prestia, but I'm just exploring all my options at this stage.

In my opinion that will end up being a sideways trade come seasons end.

The same though crossed my mind earlier this week, however:

- Enright has yet to cop a tag. He struggled towards the second half of last season when he copped a forward tag and expect the same thing to happen this season.

- Broughton has been playing a defensive role in the opening 2 rounds. It won't continue.

- In Broughtons last two matches against Adelaide he averages 118.5 with a 120 and a 117

- He's named on the HBF this week as compared to the BP as he has been the last 2 weeks.

Thats valuable information thanks mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just awoke from a dream where I was checking fanfooty, and duffield was on 59 at half time :thumbsu: definitely not trading him now. (First dream team dream, I think I should retire after this yer :eek: )

I dreamt that Boyd got 55 (he must get injured!) and Libba 110.

Traded Atley and Polec for Curnow and Liberatore.

I have Foley and i've kept him because I think he'll come good long term, and I don't see any need to waste a trade this early. Atley and Polec may have made me money but Libba and Curnow are sure things as cash cows.

Just traded N Ablett for Tapscott and made money (I know, I shouldn't have picked Ablett in the first place)

About to trade Sam Day, should I?

I have Krak, Darling, Richardson and Matera as my cash cows in my forward line.

Thoughts on trading out Richardson for Tapscott?

I'm doing two trades this week bringing in Libba and Curnow.

Who of Conca, Atley, and Hibberd should I get rid of?

Leaning towards Conca to be honest as Hibberd is providing me with a DP link and will be back soon, and Atley is doing about the same as Conca but costs 50K less.

Opinions?

Conca and Atley.

Hibberd will play sooner rather or later.

Will Conca and Atley will be super playeres in the future. They seem to be having touble adjusting to AFL atm and no very good dream teamers atm.

Libba/Cornow will make you an extra 200k

Conca and Atley.

Hibberd will play sooner rather or later.

Will Conca and Atley will be super playeres in the future. They seem to be having touble adjusting to AFL atm and no very good dream teamers atm.

Libba/Cornow will make you an extra 200k

Cheers for the reply. Was leaning towards that just needed someone to reaffirm the faith. :D

Downgraded Kennedy to Libba, then upgraded Prestia to Dawes. The result? Doubled my money and got a red-hot forward and a rookie who should rack up great numbers against the Suns this week. And even if Libba doesn't do much this week, he leaves me with great trade-in value (whilst Kennedy was almost certain to go down).

The one problem is that I now have four Collingwood players in my team, but given their form I'm not too bothered. I'll explore my options in a month when their bye comes around.

Im faced with the Nathan Foley dilemma, as are many this week, however I may be a little different due to having 140k in the bank.

I suppose there are four options

a) Keep Foley - actually as the week goes on this is becoming more and more likely. Alot of upside to the guy, would think he was fairly comfortable in their best 22. And at the end of the day, at 235k you should be somewhat satisfied with a 75 average, which he should reach

b) straight swap upto anyone under the 380k mark. So your looking at guys like Jack, Mundy, ROK, Jude Bolton and so on.

c) straight downgrade to Cunrow, who I'm still not convinced about would more than likely be on my bench every week.
This would leave me with a first choice midfield of:
Pendles, Monty, Liam Anthony, Harris, Swallow, Libba -- Cunrow Heppell Conca....probably still missing that one gun

d) downgrade of a forward, at this stage would probably have to be Brad Green, to Tapscott, and then Foley to Swan, with 160k left over.

current forward line is: Sylvia Riewoldt Pavlich Green Higgins Krakeour Knights -- Matera Prestia Richardson

to touch on option b a little more, the direct upgrade, what are everyones thoughts on Clinton Young, really tempted by his price (270,700) massive upside- loves to kick it, hawks love to get it to him, kicks goals. He has had his injury problems but for what is only a 35k outlay, Im really tempted

anyways thoughts on this, probably Young thoughts more than anything as the Foley issue is all over the place, would be great

I'm doing two trades this week bringing in Libba and Curnow.

Who of Conca, Atley, and Hibberd should I get rid of?

Leaning towards Conca to be honest as Hibberd is providing me with a DP link and will be back soon, and Atley is doing about the same as Conca but costs 50K less.

Opinions?

Let's say Conca averages 55 which gives him a real value of $221,100, that's a gain of $80,600.

Let's say Curnow averages 85 which gives him a real value of $340,000, that's a gain of $243,600.

So that's two trades for $243,600 or 1 for $80,600.

However you'll probably be looking at getting rid of Curnow pre round 8, his bye, in which case based upon an average of 85 he'll be priced at $275,400, which only gives you a gain of $179,000.

So in short you're going to have to be confident Curnow will hold his place for the next 4 rounds and averages at least 85 for his remaining games (Which include Collingwood, Sydney, Saints & Essendon).

However if you estimate he'll be subbed in at least one game for approx. half a game he'll need to average 90.

Obviously peaks and troughs in his score vary this but basically in my opinion a Conca for Curnow trade is not worth the risk.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trades- Round 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Back